• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2020 12:14 pm
[OP]
Banned
May 24, 2020
60 posts
110 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] LU28R550UQNXZA Samsung 28” 4K 60Hz IPS Monitor $328

This on sale price is back. Previous thread: amazon-ca-lu28r550uqnxza-samsung-28-c-4 ... 9-2390082/

I bought it when it was on sale at the same price 3 months ago. It is a solid 4k monitor with a beautiful display. It seems like a pre-order and in stock in 2 weeks.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1321 posts
285 upvotes
Yup I just bought it on prime day
Beautiful monitor

Any calibration settings?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1726 posts
524 upvotes
Edmonton
Please note: no built in speakers.

Sure, the built in speakers on monitors are garbage. However when I was shopping for a new 4K IPS monitor several months back, I decided no built in speakers is a dealbreaker. Since back then I liked to play Animal Crossing on a Switch in docked mode, and plugging in headphones is too much hassle.

I have bought an ASUS TUF VG289Q instead. It has a 3 years warranty too! This Samsung monitor uses the same Innolux 4K IPS panel and I’m sure it’ll be good.

As an upgrade pick, I think the Dell S2721QS looks like a nice one. Has the best warranty as well.
Jul 5, 2008
749 posts
441 upvotes
I paid 379 for this monitor from Staples back in July. I like the display. Now the old Samsung 2443 that moved to 2nd spot looks burry and low res :)
Oct 8, 2019
40 posts
21 upvotes
tablo13 wrote: Please note: no built in speakers.

Sure, the built in speakers on monitors are garbage. However when I was shopping for a new 4K IPS monitor several months back, I decided no built in speakers is a dealbreaker. Since back then I liked to play Animal Crossing on a Switch in docked mode, and plugging in headphones is too much hassle.

I have bought an ASUS TUF VG289Q instead. It has a 3 years warranty too! This Samsung monitor uses the same Innolux 4K IPS panel and I’m sure it’ll be good.

As an upgrade pick, I think the Dell S2721QS looks like a nice one. Has the best warranty as well.
Yeah, I got this monitor from staples a few months ago, amazon had this price and I got it priced matched at 329. Figured IPS and 4k it was pretty awesome at this price, but I totally regret not going for the ASUS like you, that's the better choice. Just the ASUS stand itself is so much value there, and it has the built in speaker like I wanted. I had to buy a budget sound bar on amazon to go with the Samsung and it didn't turn out that great either. Anyways, it's a good price, but if I could pick again, I would rather pay a bit more for the Asus (better warranty and brand for monitors too). Again even just for the stand with all the adjustments would help a lot with WFH/gaming/ergo set up if anyone is deciding in between.
Sep 16, 2019
808 posts
901 upvotes
recordman wrote: Spec-wise similar, but LG is 1" smaller, and $150 more. It's obvious which is better.
Not obvious at all. I dont know about monitors, but I know enough to know that its not just a plain look at a spec sheet.

For example, LG is 1 years warranty, whats Samsung? Where do the components from Samsung come from? LG?

Some have more reputable manufacturers than others. Also, Freesync is listed on LG (not that I care for it). There are minor differences between the two, and as I said; I paid the same price (or less) for my LG so the price is irrelevant for my comparison.
Apr 21, 2017
361 posts
309 upvotes
Chelsea
What’s Hz on this monitor ? 60 or 75 ?
Dec 24, 2017
21 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SimonL556 wrote: What’s Hz on this monitor ? 60 or 75 ?

60hz according to bestbuy website
Nov 8, 2015
7 posts
Mississauga, ON
Hi. I am trying to decide between Samsung UR55 and ASUS TUF VG289Q. Saw your post that you bought the Asus model. How do like so far. I l be using the monitor for watching 4k movies and some casual gaming. Your suggestions will be helpful. Thanks in advance