• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2020 9:34 pm
[OP]
Nov 18, 2008
781 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] LU28R550UQNXZA Samsung 28” 4K IPS Monitor $327.99

Bought this at $379.99 and got it yesterday after waiting for couple weeks and now it’s $327.99.

Seems like a decent everyday use monitor.

I’m wondering if Amazon will do adjustments on monitors, I know they don’t for other items.

Updates:

Amazon doesn’t want to do price adjustment and wants me to re-order. Did that, you don’t have to wait a month like it says, mine is arriving this Thursday.
Last edited by samguan on Jul 20th, 2020 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
74 replies
Dec 14, 2013
176 posts
263 upvotes
AJAX
Anyone know if Samsung still uses cheap capacitors in their monitors/TV's?
My friends tv died because of it. He had to get it repaired.

And about the price adjustment, no, they wouldn't even adjust the price of my Kindle Paperwhite which went on sale 2 days later (I hadn't even received it yet!).
Last edited by aandaleb on Jul 17th, 2020 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 28, 2020
115 posts
145 upvotes
Amazon never price matches they tell you to return it. Freesync and older Samsung VA panel. Imagine if they made a new one with similar response times to the Odyssey G7
[OP]
Nov 18, 2008
781 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
TeeKayTK wrote: Amazon never price matches they tell you to return it. Freesync and older Samsung VA panel. Imagine if they made a new one with similar response times to the Odyssey G7
just contacted them, i have over 100 orders on my Prime in the past year and they still wouldn't do it. At least he said he would talk to lead to see if I can get a one-time exception adjustment and came back and said sorry, $5 promo is all we can do. He said I should just return and re-buy.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
10790 posts
3177 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TeeKayTK wrote: Amazon never price matches they tell you to return it. Freesync and older Samsung VA panel. Imagine if they made a new one with similar response times to the Odyssey G7
Good to know, thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1280 posts
1441 upvotes
Toronto
aandaleb wrote: Anyone know if Samsung still uses cheap capacitors in their monitors/TV's?

And about the price adjustment, no, they wouldn't even adjust the price of my Kindle Paperwhite which went on sale 2 days later (I hadn't even received it yet!).

Normally they don't. They might make an exception though. Last year I bought the AMD 3600 for $250 and within a week it dropped to $235. I went to online chat for a $15 price adjustment and they were able to do it. It is YMMV but I saw others on RFD who were able to get their price adjusted so I tried as well and it worked.
Jun 30, 2016
225 posts
151 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Good price. 1 year warranty would stop be from buying a Samsung.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
2155 posts
232 upvotes
Anyone able to find a vesa bracket that fits the 75x75 due to being inset? I hear the universal ones won't fit unless u bend the bracket.

Debating this one vs keeping my current uw 1080p. Really liking the idea of pbp/pip which my current uw doesn't have...
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1992 posts
1859 upvotes
samguan wrote: Bought this at $379.99 and got it yesterday after waiting for couple weeks and now it’s $327.99.

Seems like a decent everyday use monitor.

I’m wondering if Amazon will do adjustments on monitors, I know they don’t for other items.
I just got mine yesterday from Staples after ordering the day before. I bought there for the ease of return.

Now I need to decide if it's good enough to go ahead and swap for the 50$ saving :)
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1578 posts
356 upvotes
GTA
aandaleb wrote: Anyone know if Samsung still uses cheap capacitors in their monitors/TV's?

I've had 2 samsung monitors die because of cheap capacitors in the last 5 years.

What I've learned over time is avoid LG phones, and avoid Samsung appliances+monitors.
Sep 26, 2012
519 posts
289 upvotes
Thornhill
BestBuy has it too if you want to do price match..but 4k at 28inch is just................. not there.

the 32'' Samsung monitor that I've been tracking is on sale too today. but just found out it's not mountable unless using an adapter. For those who might be interested:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07L9G1BFX?psc=1
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1531 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
Guys. Shipping takes 1 month for me.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8005 posts
2340 upvotes
Toronto
jurassic98 wrote: Guys. Shipping takes 1 month for me.
That is the reason I rather PM Staples but staples may used that reason to deny me a PM.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1992 posts
1859 upvotes
mizermalice wrote: I've had 2 samsung monitors die because of cheap capacitors in the last 5 years.

What I've learned over time is avoid LG phones, and avoid Samsung appliances+monitors.
I must have better luck. I have a Samsung 2443BW that just moved to side monitor position and it's 11yrs old. My Samsung 46" LCD TV (heavy beotch) I bought in 2006 or so is still going but I did replace the PS caps which is an easy job. Our Samsung induction range is the best range we had and we've had some high end gear in past houses (love induction).
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3298 posts
1686 upvotes
the spec says it an IPS panel? or you looking at a different model?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
10790 posts
3177 upvotes
Richmond Hill
zzricezz wrote: the spec says it an IPS panel? or you looking at a different model?
Date First Available: March 17 2020

This year model?
Nov 19, 2017
96 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, just ordered from staples after price match.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6974 posts
2617 upvotes
Vancouver
urover wrote: Good price. 1 year warranty would stop be from buying a Samsung.
Only LG is 1 year, Samsung gives 3 years since their stuff is of better quality.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...