Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lumintop FW3A Flashlight with free keychain light. 42.99 ($20 off) all-in

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2021 11:20 am
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2445 posts
1273 upvotes
shabby wrote: Hows the blf?
I just ordered it. There was a $5 coupon from the sale that's going on. I haven't receive half of the flashlight on the list.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5598 posts
3972 upvotes
GTA
story wrote: I just ordered it. There was a $5 coupon from the sale that's going on. I haven't receive half of the flashlight on the list.
Its on amazon for $77, where did you order yours?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2445 posts
1273 upvotes
shabby wrote: Its on amazon for $77, where did you order yours?
C$ 49.39 27% Off | Sofirn SP36 BLF Anduril 4*Samsung LH351D 5650lm Powerful LED Flashlight USB Rechargeable 18650 Torch 5000K High 90 CRI
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOIpTBL

I got the 5000k.

There might be a $3 coupon remaining. The $5 are gone for sure. The first post has updated sale. https://budgetlightforum.com/node/72222

This guy drilled a hole and fitted a tripod mount on it.
Last edited by story on Jun 25th, 2021 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 21, 2012
883 posts
1049 upvotes
Ontario
warpdrive wrote: Yes it does, but it's not detectable at all. There are certain levels where there is no PWM. It uses a very high frequency PWM (15.6 Khz), and secondly it is not an on/off flicking, it alternates between and high and low in some cases, (rather than hi and off) states

See the measurements here. https://budgetlightforum.com/node/65619

When I got mine, I didn't even think it used PWM at all but I only found out it used PWM because somebody posted about it.
Hi friend,

I went through the pics and don't really see anything that indicates it does any kind of high/low control which to me sounds like it would require adjusting the constant current between bare minimum and full flow. From that thread (unless I missed it) it just seems to play with duty cycle. Not that this is a bad thing in anyway and it was what I expected. Increasing current may not even produce a linearly equivalent amount of more lumens. I was just curious if that was a thing some LED controllers do. I'm in no way an expert in this stuff though but I'd say I'm an LED hobbies so please correct me if I'm wrong. Our eyes have trouble seeing above 120hz (60hz monitor refresh rate is fine). 40hz flickers. At 16.5khz you definitely won't see anything but young people and some older might hear a high pitch sound if you hold it up to your ear. You can literally hear the vibration from the electrons flowing which is kind of neat. Our eyes really only end up seeing the average lumens, not the peak. Please feel free to interject, correct, or enlighten me.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
mobbie wrote: Hi friend,

I went through the pics and don't really see anything that indicates it does any kind of high/low control which to me sounds like it would require adjusting the constant current between bare minimum and full flow. From that thread (unless I missed it) it just seems to play with duty cycle. Not that this is a bad thing in anyway and it was what I expected. Increasing current may not even produce a linearly equivalent amount of more lumens. I was just curious if that was a thing some LED controllers do. I'm in no way an expert in this stuff though but I'd say I'm an LED hobbies so please correct me if I'm wrong. Our eyes have trouble seeing above 120hz (60hz monitor refresh rate is fine). 40hz flickers. At 16.5khz you definitely won't see anything but young people and some older might hear a high pitch sound if you hold it up to your ear. You can literally hear the vibration from the electrons flowing which is kind of neat. Our eyes really only end up seeing the average lumens, not the peak. Please feel free to interject, correct, or enlighten me.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking me to interject. I'm not really an expert on how different LED drivers are implemented.....I'm mainly just a user. For the diagrams, I was referring to Mode 6, which modulates the voltage 76% when the drivers are working between 1×7135 and 8×7135 mode. So it doesn't actually turn completely off in those brightness levels.

In the end, this light implements the brightness in the way you want it too, from sub-lumen all the way to 2800 lumens, with smooth ramping in between by holding down the button.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... ofile_info
Feb 22, 2011
257 posts
300 upvotes
Mississauga
The $20 coupon was t showing for me but now it is. Can’t find the $5 coupon though.. is it still available?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2445 posts
1273 upvotes
rwczen wrote: The $20 coupon was t showing for me but now it is. Can’t find the $5 coupon though.. is it still available?
Click on the Pico and then the coupon is on that page.
Nov 6, 2014
237 posts
428 upvotes
Canada
stvnsv wrote: Looks like the keychain flashlight has a $5 coupon you can also clip that stacks which drops the price to $37.99 for both. Worked for me anyway.
Don't see the $5 coupon for the key chain flashlight. Is it gone now?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
1333 posts
869 upvotes
Toronto
I never knew there were so many flashlight experts in here or that that there was more to a flashlight!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7983 posts
11533 upvotes
consumer be me wrote: I never knew there were so many flashlight experts in here or that that there was more to a flashlight!
There's a lot of experts in here Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 16, 2009
334 posts
282 upvotes
Vancouver
keychain flashlight doesn't appear to be free anymore when added to the cart together.
Just get charged for both
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4008 posts
8783 upvotes
Vancouver
jokerswild1 wrote: So if theres no charger what can you charge it with?
EVeryone and their mom who is into flashlights has a 18650 charger

It's like the AA battery of the 'enthusiast flashlight' world
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4008 posts
8783 upvotes
Vancouver
consumer be me wrote: I never knew there were so many flashlight experts in here or that that there was more to a flashlight!
U need to peruse candlepowerfourms or budget lighting forums. Two largest on the internet

If you want to REALLY geek out on shit... try those. Custom flashlights and emitters and blah blah blah
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2445 posts
1273 upvotes
danascully wrote: U need to peruse candlepowerfourms or budget lighting forums. Two largest on the internet

If you want to REALLY geek out on shit... try those. Custom flashlights and emitters and blah blah blah
My EA81 just arrived today, that’s 2000 lumen I am waiting to try out when the sun goes down. This pandemic added some flavours to my life.
Oct 26, 2016
64 posts
110 upvotes
keychain light not longer showing as free for me?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3986 posts
2351 upvotes
Ottawa
People are telling you to go to BLF or CPF. My advice...DON'T. Just buy the damn light and leave it at that. If you are even the slightest in the geek/nerd category, once you go to those forums, you gonna end up spending hundreds. You'll have a collection of lights and lamps, and lanterns, multiple of the same light because you got the ones with different tints. Don't do it!
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1689 posts
1024 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This is a very good deal. The included battery makes this hot. The free keychain light would have made this extra hot.
I was seriously considering this light at full price but ended up getting the Emisar D4V2.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8478 posts
5289 upvotes
Toronto
What makes this flashlight so special?