Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lumintop FW3A Flashlight with free keychain light. 42.99 ($20 off) all-in

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2021 11:20 am
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4008 posts
8783 upvotes
Vancouver
fightbriz wrote: What makes this flashlight so special?
Did you bother reading the thread?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8478 posts
5289 upvotes
Toronto
story wrote: In for one. I've been building a collection since I needed a bright light for biking.

D4sV2 W2
SF11
SP36 BLF
D40A
SX25A6
EA81

It's nice to finally have 2 small EDC.
Wait you use this flashlight as a bike light? is it too bright? How do you mount?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2103 posts
1719 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow hot deal, this is a LOT of flashlight for $42.. I have one and it's a monster. Basically a community-designed flashlight with every possible feature you didn't know existed but want.

A bunch of crazy flashlight nerds looked through their wishlist when they made this, so you know it is good.
Sep 4, 2008
907 posts
338 upvotes
New Westminster
Gtaphotog wrote: There's a lot of experts in here Face With Tears Of Joy
Truer words have not been spoken Face With Tears Of Joy

experts in every field that are also experts in convincing u that its a good deal Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8478 posts
5289 upvotes
Toronto
this can't be anywhere Mechanical Keyboards level
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2103 posts
1719 upvotes
Vancouver
Seems like the free light code is gone, still a good deal for the Fw3a though
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2445 posts
1273 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Wait you use this flashlight as a bike light? is it too bright? How do you mount?
When you are biking in moonlight the brightness and throw plays a huge role.
At 1200 lumen, I am very confident cars will notice me and stop for me when I am in right of way. I can also go faster with confident as I can see further. 600-800 lumens just doesn't cut it unless you memorized the road.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
electric0ant wrote: keychain flashlight doesn't appear to be free anymore when added to the cart together.
Just get charged for both
Yes, no more free keychain light. Still a good deal without it as the FW3A is still a crazy good flashlight at full price.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... ofile_info
May 18, 2021
74 posts
66 upvotes
Glad I pulled the trigger last night on the EDC 18 and free Pico! The EDC18 has been on my wishlist for a while. Still a great deal on it, even without the free light. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4008 posts
8783 upvotes
Vancouver
fightbriz wrote: Wait you use this flashlight as a bike light? is it too bright? How do you mount?
People have been doing this for a long time now, there are many handlebar flashlight mounts out there. Use the google
Dec 14, 2011
701 posts
864 upvotes
Toronto
Not to knock on the flashlight party here but can any flashlight expert recommend a headlight equivalent that is this highly rated? I find that headlights are better around camp when lots of task require both hands Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8478 posts
5289 upvotes
Toronto
danascully wrote: People have been doing this for a long time now, there are many handlebar flashlight mounts out there. Use the google
Is it too bright for oncoming cars?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2445 posts
1273 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Is it too bright for oncoming cars?
This deal is over. Most flashlights have the ability to turn down brightness. Do you have any personal with flashlights you like to share?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
416vtyou wrote: Not to knock on the flashlight party here but can any flashlight expert recommend a headlight equivalent that is this highly rated? I find that headlights are better around camp when lots of task require both hands Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Spec and feature wise, the equivalent is the HL3A, but you don't really want that one. The requirements for a good headlamp are very different from a hot-rodded flashlight like this one.

Something like this would be much more preferable: https://zeroair.org/2020/08/17/skilhunt ... mp-review/
It nails the things that would be desirable, lightweight, usability, nice beam, efficient circuit, high CRI etc.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... ofile_info
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4008 posts
8783 upvotes
Vancouver
fightbriz wrote: Is it too bright for oncoming cars?
Yes and no.

Yes it's bright, but if the lights were properly designed for riding they would have a cutoff. A normal flashlight beam pattern is a cone, completely improper for on road use. Imagine if you had a cone shaped light coming out of your car.

Everyone would be blinded, it's as if you drove around with high beams on all the time.

The only problem is ZERO manufacturers of even bike specific lights address this issue. Any bike light more than around 7-800lumens is going to be a problem for road riding.

At the same time, what can you do about it ... nothing.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8543 posts
5560 upvotes
Trudostan
I haven't bought a light in years, my old tomtop sipik clone has been going strong for almost a decade, and still love my D40A.

Looking forward to blasting this light, can never have enough output!

Edit: tomtop sipik. Damn autocorrect lol
Last edited by M1K3Z0R on Jun 25th, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8478 posts
5289 upvotes
Toronto
danascully wrote: Yes and no.

Yes it's bright, but if the lights were properly designed for riding they would have a cutoff. A normal flashlight beam pattern is a cone, completely improper for on road use. Imagine if you had a cone shaped light coming out of your car.

Everyone would be blinded, it's as if you drove around with high beams on all the time.

The only problem is ZERO manufacturers of even bike specific lights address this issue. Any bike light more than around 7-800lumens is going to be a problem for road riding.

At the same time, what can you do about it ... nothing.
What do you mean cutoff
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
M1K3Z0R wrote: I haven't bought a light in years, my old tomtom silk clone has been going strong for almost a decade, and still love my D40A

Looking forward to blasting this light, can never have enough output!
Your D40A welcomes its new little brother.

image.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)