Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Lutron Caseta Smart Home Dimmer Switch, $55.96 (OOS Now) (Kit with Remote still available, $63.16)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 3:18 am
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
49 posts
281 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Lutron Caseta Smart Home Dimmer Switch, $55.96 (OOS Now) (Kit with Remote still available, $63.16)

Black Friday Deal (looks like it will go until cyber Monday) - this is the lowest they have been since Lutron increased the retail price on these by 10$ - I've personally been waiting a while for this one to outfit the rest of my home.

Lutron Caseta Smart Home Dimmer Switch : $55.96 (20% off) UPDATE: OOS as of about midnight, still available in black though.
Lutron Caseta Smart Home Dimmer Switch and Pico Remote Kit $63.16 (10% off)

Limit 3 of each per account.
Last edited by m4thematix on Nov 28th, 2020 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
58 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8145 posts
501 upvotes
Does it come with a plate?
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Mar 15, 2005
681 posts
533 upvotes
I fitted my home with these in 2018 and they have been awesome. Rocksolid. Stable, and the remote can be wall mounted anywhere essentially making 3 way switches anywhere you want.
Dec 8, 2013
158 posts
258 upvotes
Newmarket
electrical suppliers usually have these for $50 regular price.
Jul 6, 2010
606 posts
1060 upvotes
Toronto
I tried this switch at Home Depot and noticed that it doesn't remember the brightness level when you turn it off and back on. That's a showstopper for me. Is there any easy and clean way to get that to work?
i am upside down
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3090 posts
1214 upvotes
These are the most reliable pieces of smart technology in my house.

I just wish I outfitted the whole house.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Koodo $40 for 5GB Public Mobile migration plan.

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.
Jan 22, 2015
428 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do you need the hub with this?
Got a room with no nutrual wire i want to use this in
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
49 posts
281 upvotes
newcan wrote: Do you need the hub with this?
Got a room with no nutrual wire i want to use this in
Yes unfortunately you do need the hub. The kit with the hub is also on sale but I didn't mention it because it has been on sale for a few days already.
Kit with Hub
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
49 posts
281 upvotes
elty wrote: Does it come with a plate?
The switch + remote kit comes with a plate
Oct 31, 2019
51 posts
73 upvotes
umopapisdnwei wrote: I tried this switch at Home Depot and noticed that it doesn't remember the brightness level when you turn it off and back on. That's a showstopper for me. Is there any easy and clean way to get that to work?
I wish they had the recall button on the main switch that is included on the pico. I don't know why they didn't include it, honestly.
Oct 31, 2019
51 posts
73 upvotes
I have a number of these lights switches in my house. I used them remotely from Jamaica. They work flawlessly with homekit, and I'm sure they will work with any other home automation app that you use. Very happy with their function.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1230 posts
1304 upvotes
Bobcat11 wrote: electrical suppliers usually have these for $50 regular price.
Can you share to us the supplier you're talking about? TIA
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2349 posts
1226 upvotes
GTA
Honestly I'd rather get these Levitons on zwave if you are needing a hub anyways, have them on my bedroom floor and work great.
Easy to switch on/off, dimmer on the side to go up or down and remember last dim setting.
Can configure more options with custom handlers through hub etc.

also on sale for cheaper at $48.24
https://www.amazon.ca/Leviton-DZ6HD-1BZ ... B01N4F487U

Oct 1, 2004
297 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
As much as I think zwave is awesome Lutron is luxury for home automation. It’s reliable, fast and flawless.
Oct 3, 2007
235 posts
150 upvotes
lilmikey wrote: Honestly I'd rather get these Levitons on zwave if you are needing a hub anyways, have them on my bedroom floor and work great.
Easy to switch on/off, dimmer on the side to go up or down and remember last dim setting.
Can configure more options with custom handlers through hub etc.

also on sale for cheaper at $48.24
https://www.amazon.ca/Leviton-DZ6HD-1BZ ... B01N4F487U

Neutral required
Feb 3, 2014
53 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
Lutron is very reliable and fast. And the ability to ad a pico remote and install it in the wall with their bracket was very useful when renovating. No need to run wires for a second switch or even a third switch.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2349 posts
1226 upvotes
GTA
thearcticdragon wrote: Neutral required
Ok then get the Inovelli for $46.99 for your older house or bad wiring with no neutral around.

Leviton with neutral works best for me, if the switch has no neutral I try and get one there somehow.

EDIT: typo & added link to device
Last edited by lilmikey on Nov 27th, 2020 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2349 posts
1226 upvotes
GTA
BreakawaySpeed wrote: Lutron is very reliable and fast. And the ability to ad a pico remote and install it in the wall with their bracket was very useful when renovating. No need to run wires for a second switch or even a third switch.
Can I ask whats the point of the remote? I tell google to turn my lights on or off, dim to whatever, or use my phone to adjust/set routines/schedules etc.
Nov 5, 2018
257 posts
213 upvotes
lilmikey wrote: Can I ask whats the point of the remote? I tell google to turn my lights on or off, dim to whatever, or use my phone to adjust/set routines/schedules etc.
Caseta predates the advent of Amazon Echo, so that's the primary reason. If you're comfortable with voice assistants, then the usefulness of the remote is diminished.