• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 1:58 pm
[OP]
Aug 31, 2012
334 posts
180 upvotes
CONCORD

[Amazon.ca] Lutron Caseta Smart Start Kit(Hub, Dimmer, Pico remote) $84.98

Seems like a great deal considering the pico dimmer is a little over $60 so you're getting the hub for $15.

Mind you this is not the Pro version hub. For prime members free ship.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 4th, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
6 replies
Aug 22, 2003
202 posts
36 upvotes
Burnaby
That's a really good deal. I jumped on the kit @samb1421 mentions for $92.17 on Black Friday, but if you don't need the pico wall mount, get this deal . If you have an older house without neutral wires Lutron Caseta is the only system out there that works, and it works very well. Currently I have it connected to my Wink 2 hub, but since Wink seems to be on it's death bed, I got this kit with a base unit as a backup hub. For simple light timers and internet access, this hub will do fine.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1211 posts
224 upvotes
Mississauga
morris_the_cat wrote: That's a really good deal. I jumped on the kit @samb1421 mentions for $92.17 on Black Friday, but if you don't need the pico wall mount, get this deal . If you have an older house without neutral wires Lutron Caseta is the only system out there that works, and it works very well. Currently I have it connected to my Wink 2 hub, but since Wink seems to be on it's death bed, I got this kit with a base unit as a backup hub. For simple light timers and internet access, this hub will do fine.
Thanks for your reply. I have the original Wink Hub and my few Caseta lights work great with it. I too have been thinking about which system to move to. I saw this thread on reddit on thought it might be helpful:

Move from wink to caseta.
Jun 16, 2008
33 posts
136 upvotes
Good deal. Same price at Best Buy. Price match and beat at Home Depot for additional 10% off.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1771 posts
91 upvotes
samb1421 wrote: Thing is this one doesn't have a mount bracket for the pico remote. If you want it you have to purchase it separately, at which point this other starter kit becomes a better deal: https://www.amazon.ca/Lutron-Wireless-L ... EQB&sr=8-9
I have about 15 dimmers in my house and three Pico remotes. I never use the remotes. I have it linked to Alexa and the voice control has worked 99.9% of the time. Lutron's hub has been solid for me. I will probably start using the remote upstairs where I can't talk out loud when the kids are asleep, but I can just use a 3M Command Strip for that.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1244 posts
1295 upvotes
West GTA
I have a few of these in my place, and the technology's solid. Easy to install, stylish, works well with pretty much anything, good range, etc. It's a premium product but it also works like a premium product.