Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lutron Caseta switches 20% off (additional smart home items as well)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2018 11:54 pm
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
50 posts
86 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Lutron Caseta switches 20% off (additional smart home items as well)

For those looking to convert switches to smart switches Amazon has a promo for $30/50/100 off when you spend $200/300/500. If you spend $500 nets a 20% discount on top of some that are already discounted. Can add select other items to make it to the target amounts - hue bulbs and other switches also there.
Here is the fine print:
"Buy more, save more on top products in Tools, Home Improvement, and Smart Home
Buy $200 save $30, or buy $300 save $50, or buy $500 save $100. Must use claim code: “30OFF”, “50OFF”, or “100OFF”. Discount only applies to items shipped and sold by Amazon.ca. This offer is valid from June 4, 2018 to June 6, 2018 and while supplies last. Check out our Tools & Home Improvement Gift Guide for great Father's Day gifts and deals."

These switches don't usually go on sale so a decent deal for a really nice package - one of the few set ups that can get around three way switches.

Here are the links for the individual switch packages:

Dimmer Switch, pick and hub bundle:
https://www.amazon.ca/Lutron-Wireless-L ... ref=plSrch

Basic on/off switch

https://www.amazon.ca/Lutron-Caseta-Wir ... ref=plSrch

Dimmer Switch and Pico remote

https://www.amazon.ca/Lutron-Wireless-L ... SY340_QL65

Dimmer switch alone

https://www.amazon.ca/Lutron-PD-6WCL-WH ... SY340_QL65
61 replies
Mar 21, 2012
638 posts
609 upvotes
Edmonton
Are these the ones that don't require a neutral or ground or something? Excuse my ignorance, but I seem to recall buying a GE smart switch only to find out I was missing some sort of wire when I went to install it.
Sep 20, 2005
246 posts
223 upvotes
ryanaz wrote: Are these the ones that don't require a neutral or ground or something? Excuse my ignorance, but I seem to recall buying a GE smart switch only to find out I was missing some sort of wire when I went to install it.
yea lutron caseta dont require neutral
Mar 21, 2012
638 posts
609 upvotes
Edmonton
Aeragon wrote: yea lutron caseta dont require neutral
awesome. purchased 9 dimmers -- since they're actually cheaper than a regular on/off. Going to automate just about every light in my house. thanks aeraqon and thanks OP!
Dec 21, 2004
989 posts
229 upvotes
Just a note to anyone that uses SmartThings... you still need a Lutron Smart Bridge with SmartThings. Unfortunately the integration is done through the cloud. That's the only thing holding me back from getting these switches :(

<edit>
If you buy the first item on OPs list you get the hub with it. It still sucks for me as I'd rather not have it go out to the intergoogles seeing as SmartThings already does that. It just adds another delay and failure point to the system. Having said that, since ST is down so often, might be handy to operate the switches with the Lutron app if ST fails.

Dimmer Switch, pick and hub bundle: https://www.amazon.ca/Lutron-Wireless-L ... ref=plSrch
Last edited by trader37 on Jun 4th, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 21, 2012
638 posts
609 upvotes
Edmonton
trader37 wrote: Just a note to anyone that uses SmartThings... you still need a Lutron Smart Bridge with SmartThings. Unfortunately the integration is done through the cloud. That's the only thing holding me back from getting these switches :(
ah crap... does it work with Google Home directly?
Last edited by ryanaz on Jun 4th, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 20, 2005
246 posts
223 upvotes
J
ryanaz wrote: ah crap...
I use lutron with homekit, everything is local, it work realy well, I can use it Phillips hue motion detector.

If you use home assistant, lutron caseta is supported too, all local control
Mar 21, 2012
638 posts
609 upvotes
Edmonton
when i add the bundle that OP posted, the 100OFF doesn't work. I need to get to $500 with just the switches themselves.

edit: looks like the items have to be sold by Amazon.com
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1573 posts
371 upvotes
Montreal
Got all excited but you need to spend 500$ to get 20% off. Great share but please update the title
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5817 posts
3159 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
ryanaz wrote: Are these the ones that don't require a neutral or ground or something? Excuse my ignorance, but I seem to recall buying a GE smart switch only to find out I was missing some sort of wire when I went to install it.
FYI the Lutron Caseta dimmers do not require neutral but if you buy the standard non-dimming switch it does require a neutral so you'd have the same issue you had with the GE.
Mar 11, 2004
416 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
If I were to get the dimmers, do I still need the Lutron Hub or WinkHub2 be sufficient enough? As another person mentioned it is cheaper to buy the dimmers vs the on/off ones. Any drawback to functionality? Only thing I can see is the dimmer functionality.
May 3, 2006
263 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
Just as an FYI - if you plan to use the Caseta with a local smart hub like Home Assistant or Hubitat Elevation, you need a Lutron Smart Bridge PRO. The Pro adds a telnet service that is used for local control, instead of Cloud like the non-Pro bridge.
Aug 15, 2017
69 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
ChicoQuente wrote: FYI the Lutron Caseta dimmers do not require neutral but if you buy the standard non-dimming switch it does require a neutral so you'd have the same issue you had with the GE.
The Pro model of the regular on/off does not require a neutral. PD-5WS-DV is the model number. Waiting for more availability/better price for them myself.
Jul 30, 2017
15 posts
11 upvotes
Aeragon wrote: yea lutron caseta dont require neutral
The Lutron PD-5WS-DV is the model of the switch that doesn't require the neutral, the PD6-ANS the model posted requires the neutral. The dimmer PD-6WCL doesn't require the neutral, the PD-5NE-WH does. Everyone just blurts out Caseta doesn't require neutrals, that just isn't true.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3963 posts
1274 upvotes
Calgary
Tried to add

1 schlage sense
5 lutron dimmers
2 tp-link switches

All of these are sold by Amazon.ca and yet 100OFF doesn't work
Mar 21, 2012
638 posts
609 upvotes
Edmonton
maxleung wrote: Just as an FYI - if you plan to use the Caseta with a local smart hub like Home Assistant or Hubitat Elevation, you need a Lutron Smart Bridge PRO. The Pro adds a telnet service that is used for local control, instead of Cloud like the non-Pro bridge.
Is the pro bridge the one in the bundle?
May 3, 2006
263 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
ryanaz wrote: Is the pro bridge the one in the bundle?
No. I had to go to Gescan (they have a warehouse in Calgary, and many other places in Canada) to get a Pro bundle. It was $150 CDN - at a physical store. Comes with a single pole dimmer and a pico remote. Amazon.ca doesn't currently have any affordable Smart Bridge PROs.

Gescan is like a wholesaler - they are *usually* $10 cheaper than everyone else for dimmers/switches. https://www.gescan.com/
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1147 posts
1785 upvotes
Vancouver
Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch and Remote Kit for Wall & Ceiling Lights, P-PKG1W-WH-C, White, Works with Alexa
CDN$ 69.95

Order Summary
Items (3): CDN$ 209.85
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 9.80
FREE Shipping: -CDN$ 9.80
Father's Day : -CDN$ 30.00
Total before tax: CDN$ 179.85
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 9.00
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 12.57
Order Total: CDN$ 201.42

Thanks OP! I have been waiting for these to go below $64.99 each ($59.95 each in this case). Cheaper than Best Buy's $15 OFF deal.
Jun 21, 2005
358 posts
155 upvotes
trader37 wrote: Just a note to anyone that uses SmartThings... you still need a Lutron Smart Bridge with SmartThings. Unfortunately the integration is done through the cloud. That's the only thing holding me back from getting these switches :(
Thanks for the heads up. You've just given me a reason to not replace my Wink Hub with ST.
deluxster wrote: If I were to get the dimmers, do I still need the Lutron Hub or WinkHub2 be sufficient enough? As another person mentioned it is cheaper to buy the dimmers vs the on/off ones. Any drawback to functionality? Only thing I can see is the dimmer functionality.
The Caseta dimmers work perfectly with the Wink Hub. No additional hub needed. The only reasons I can see for buying the switches are aesthetics, or if for some reason you don't want users to be able to dim a circuit. The dimmers aren't the most attractive design, but they work very well (and don't require a neutral wire).