Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lutron Caseta wireless dimmer kit @ $107

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2018 2:09 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Lutron Caseta wireless dimmer kit @ $107

Guys, this is the cheapest I have spotted the kit. It comes with hub, pico remote and 1 dimmer light switch. You can use the light switch and pico remote to use for three way. The light switch does not require a neutral wire. I have this dimmer installed and it can dim the lights way low which my regular dimmer was not able to do. I am very happy with its integration to Amazon Echo/Alexa. Also integrates with Apple Homekit and Google mini

If you want to use the pico remote in place of your 2nd 3-way switch, you will need to buy this wall plate bracket- Wall plate bracket

You can convert your existing one way switch to three way or even more by adding the pico remotes and pairing it with your light switch. Example your dimmer is in the basement but remote is upstairs to turn on/off etc..
Last edited by busybe on Feb 2nd, 2018 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
55 replies
Aug 15, 2017
438 posts
871 upvotes
busybe wrote: Guys, this is the cheapest I have spotted the kit. It comes with hub, pico remote and 1 dimmer light switch. You can use the light switch and pico remote to use for three way.

Well, it's been cheaper, but this is definitely the best price since black Friday. Note that this bundle doesn't come with the mounting hardware kit required to put the pico remote up in place of a light switch. You'll have to buy it seperately (I bought mine for about $5 ea.)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
Forristal wrote: Well, it's been cheaper, but this is definitely the best price since black Friday. Note that this bundle doesn't come with the mounting hardware kit required to put the pico remote up in place of a light switch. You'll have to buy it seperately (I bought mine for about $5 ea.)
It was $99 including a free Google Home Mini when the GHM was released. So there is room on the price, but definitely much better than the absurd $200 list price.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
Yes, the price lately has been hovering around $118 at all major stores.. I bought used(like new) one from Amazon at $90, and works fine.. Keep an eye out for used ones to grab at even cheaper price.. The dimmer itself(with pico remote) is also around $63.. usually sold at $69
Dimmer with pico remote
Apr 24, 2011
84 posts
71 upvotes
LANGLEY
Bought just the smart bridge for $100. Will be returning it and getting this one instead. Thanks OP.
Aug 15, 2017
438 posts
871 upvotes
hoob wrote: It was $99 including a free Google Home Mini when the GHM was released.
Yep. That's the deal I was thinking of... But you're also right in saying that this is still a good price for it.

The OP mentions good integration with Alexa. I forgot to mention in my previous post that I've also been satisfied with the performance of it with my google home.
Mar 15, 2006
42 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
I think regularly $119 at other stores.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1673 posts
1193 upvotes
Forristal wrote: The OP mentions good integration with Alexa. I forgot to mention in my previous post that I've also been satisfied with the performance of it with my google home.
Also HomeKit support for Apple folks! These switches are expensive but work really well.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
Forristal wrote: Well, it's been cheaper, but this is definitely the best price since black Friday. Note that this bundle doesn't come with the mounting hardware kit required to put the pico remote up in place of a light switch. You'll have to buy it seperately (I bought mine for about $5 ea.)
If you don't mind me asking where did you get your wall bracket for $5? I bought for $8 something from home depot.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
vader_slri wrote: Also HomeKit support for Apple folks! These switches are expensive but work really well.
Thanks! Good point, will add it to the original post
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1673 posts
1193 upvotes
hoob wrote: It was $99 including a free Google Home Mini when the GHM was released. So there is room on the price, but definitely much better than the absurd $200 list price.
Regular price for this bundle is $120. Maybe you’re thinking about the 2 switch + hub bundle which is usually $220 and definitely not worth it.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1673 posts
1193 upvotes
autorf wrote: May want to pick up the plug in lamp dimmer as well, works with the smart bridge . Currently $53, average price has been $67.

Lutron PD-3PCL-WH Caseta Wireless 300-watt Plug-In Lamp Dimmer, White
FYI the plug in dimmer also works as a range extender for the hub, in case you have a mansion. Hub’s range I believe is 30’. The plug in dimmer has 2 outlets but you can’t control them independently.

Also this bundle with pico remote at $60 is a better buy than the plug in dimmer on its own:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/lu ... 99624.aspx

Even cheaper at Amazon right now
https://www.amazon.ca/Lutron-P-PKG1P-WH ... B00MFM9ETE
Last edited by vader_slri on Feb 2nd, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1753 posts
2720 upvotes
Pallet Town
Really great dimmers, I bought a few during Black Friday and they work really well with Google Home.

My only complaint is the one dimmer that controls 2 of the Skyraker lights from Costco. One of the two lights flicker randomly, haven't figured out whether it's the light, dimmer or my house wiring. All other lights in my house are fine
Mar 17, 2006
738 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
Question for all the smart people here.

Can this be used on an existing 3-way switch? My condo (which is only a few years old...) does not have neutral wire in one of the bedrooms and the main area has 3-way switches, so the TP-Link light switches are not usable.
Jan 10, 2007
48 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Just a quick note if you're also purchasing the non dimmer versions of this light switch. all dimmers from Lutron Caseta do not require a neutral wire, however most, if not all regular on-off switches from the Caseta series REQUIRE a neutral wire. Don't make the same mistake I did. Make sure you research the switch you're purchasing if you require a neutral wire.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1581 posts
858 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP.

Have a number of Lutron dimmers, and TP-link controlled Switches (Google Home). This will fit the bill nicely as all the smart switches are non-3way.
Nov 10, 2013
140 posts
36 upvotes
i have a 4-way switch and i think the power line goes directly to my light first and there are no neutral wires in the switch boxes. will this dimmer work?
Nov 19, 2017
2 posts
vader_slri wrote: Also HomeKit support for Apple folks! These switches are expensive but work really well.
Hi,

It's says specifically in the description that these are NOT HomeKit compatible. The first version of the bridges were not HomeKit so this must be old stock. The newer bridges have a 2 in the part number but this is not reflected in the kit part number. Would have to open the package and check the actual part number of the bridge.
Feb 22, 2017
429 posts
513 upvotes
Canada
Very high chance of these buzzing/humming, even when not dimmed. I fought with these for a long time before finally replacing w/ Hue.