Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lutron Maestro Motion Sensor Switch $19.98 (23% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2023 2:09 pm
88 replies
Nov 25, 2008
479 posts
939 upvotes
Sometimes i get tired of waving my hands in the air and just sit on the pooper in the dark.

Overall I like it though.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
1379 posts
1241 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks. Ordered a second one. The first one went in my mud room/garage entrance and has been worth its weight in gold for not having to fumble around for the light switch while carrying stuff into the house. The second one will go in the washroom hallway to replace a night light.
Aug 30, 2020
157 posts
80 upvotes
ivorii wrote: Lutron Maestro Motion Sensor Switch with $6 off at $19.98 for those looking for a motion sensor switch.
Oct 7, 2017
663 posts
848 upvotes
Can a duration of the light operation be adjusted?
Feb 26, 2008
533 posts
101 upvotes
Same price at Home Depot if you don’t want to wait for shipping.
Sep 19, 2010
148 posts
159 upvotes
Pupsik27 wrote: Can a duration of the light operation be adjusted?
1, 5, 15, or 30 minutes
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
3217 posts
1892 upvotes
Surrey
Good deal doesn’t require neutral
Jan 16, 2015
176 posts
103 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Can you manually turn it on or off, or its completely touchless and based on motion ?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7827 posts
9141 upvotes
Vancouver
Nice, ordered a couple to play with. These seem to be the new regular price though.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
3217 posts
1892 upvotes
Surrey
zenmasterparty wrote: Can you manually turn it on or off, or its completely touchless and based on motion ?
Yes, you can turn of manually as well
Sep 22, 2016
45 posts
84 upvotes
markham, on
Installed in our hallway, set to 1min auto off. Works great!
Sep 7, 2022
168 posts
260 upvotes
GTA
I love how the light almond color one is 59 doll hairs as opposed to the generic white one. Nothing says beautiful like almond.
Dealroller

"Everything is good till it's not"
"Famous last words, it was working when I left"
"You can't fix stupid"
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
These are great. I have many in my office space.

I don't like the smart light switches, too many points of failure.

These dumb sensors are great.

Big fan, thank you, OP.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Nov 27, 2004
214 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
It’s a good switch for indoors. I use it for hallways, powder room, and kitchen cabinet lighting.

It does not work well outdoors in a non-heated garage. This Kasa switch does work well outdoors.
May 27, 2016
489 posts
377 upvotes
Uxbridge, ON
These are the best. I have them in all my bathrooms, mudroom, garage, under cabinet lighting, and hallways. Can configure to be light sensitive and different time out durations. Can't imagine living without them.
Dec 16, 2019
467 posts
465 upvotes
QC
wassam wrote: It’s a good switch for indoors. I use it for hallways, powder room, and kitchen cabinet lighting.

It does not work well outdoors in a non-heated garage. This Kasa switch does work well outdoors.

The lutron seems to have a better sensor though. Wonder why it doesn't work well in your case.
Nov 10, 2007
402 posts
90 upvotes
DraKoLich wrote: Sometimes i get tired of waving my hands in the air and just sit on the pooper in the dark.

Overall I like it though.
Presence sensor would fix this if actually looking for something.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8898 posts
6596 upvotes
SW ON
ivorii wrote: The lutron seems to have a better sensor though. Wonder why it doesn't work well in your case.
I think because it's infra-red (IR) based. When it's hot in a garage or outside your body temperature is close to the ambient temperature and the sensor can't distinguish you from the surroundings. All IR sensor have this problem which is not really their problem, it's by design. They work well in cooler rooms or when it's not hot outside. When it's very cold outside people are dressed so only face radiates heat, and this may not be enough for the sensor to notice.
Dec 21, 2017
250 posts
498 upvotes
Good price for a Lutron switch. Lutron is generally high quality (I prefer them to Leviton). I bought a Kasa motion switch for the same price during BF and will buy those now. The Kasa has been working really well and has smart adjustments in the app. Lutron is a great choice for those who don't want or need smart features.