[Amazon.ca] Lutron Maestro Motion Sensor Switch - $21.98

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2021 11:25 am
[OP]
Feb 2, 2021
12 posts
91 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Lutron Maestro Motion Sensor Switch - $21.98

• Automatically turns the lights on when you enter The room and off when you leave
  • Features XCT sensing technology which detects fine motion, such as typing at a desk or reading, ensuring lights do not turn off inadvertently
  • Optional: senses daylight so lights do not turn on when there is enough natural light in the room
  • Programmable time out of lights 1, 5, 15 or 30 minutes
  • Works with all bulb types; up to 250 watt incandescent, halogen, electronic low Voltage 200 watt magnetic low Voltage 150 watt CFL/LED 2 Amp ballasts
123 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33721 posts
7361 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I have these in all my closets and washrooms. Works really well in the powder room

Don’t use these for the bathroom fans. You need the 5 amp version for that.
Jan 22, 2010
131 posts
39 upvotes
RFD_Paul wrote: Are these dimmable?
I have this exact switch for my mud room, lights are not dimmable. Simple on and off.
Jun 10, 2003
710 posts
123 upvotes
Halifax
RFD_Paul wrote: Are these dimmable?
Not this one but there is a dimmable version of this switch.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1415 posts
1544 upvotes
Gee wrote: I have these in all my closets and washrooms. Works really well in the powder room

Don’t use these for the bathroom fans. You need the 5 amp version for that.

Ah no wonder. I tried one few months ago for bathroom fan but never got it to work.
Sep 20, 2011
81 posts
297 upvotes
simplypop wrote: Ah no wonder. I tried one few months ago for bathroom fan but never got it to work.
Do you have a two-switch situation for the fan. I tried to replace with a different motion sensor switch but could get it to work.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1281 posts
1406 upvotes
Does anyone know if the non-dimmable version has soft on/off like the dimmable version? TIA

Personally, I like the soft on/off on my lights. Makes me feel nouveau riche living in the ghettos of Calgary. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20291 posts
827 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Not sure if I got the terminology right, but I have like a panel with two switches adjacent to each other. Each switch control two bulbs. How can I install something like this?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9646 posts
2058 upvotes
Edmonton
Sgt_Strider wrote: Not sure if I got the terminology right, but I have like a panel with two switches adjacent to each other. Each switch control two bulbs. How can I install something like this?
Turn off power at the breaker.
Take off the plate.
Remove the switches.
Install these.
Put plate back on.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3053 posts
1066 upvotes
Ottawa
Temporel wrote: Not the same model number. I don't know what the difference is with the extra "H" tough.

MS-OPS2-WH (Amazon)
MS-OPS2H-WH (Lowes)
What's interesting is if you hover on the first product image, in the bottom right, the model number is MS-OPS2H, so I'm not sure if this is a labeling error on Amazon, a generic picture was used, or if the non-H model doesn't exist.