Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Lysol Handi-pack Disinfecting Wipes 80 Count (Pack of 4) $11.93 + Free Prime Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2022 9:41 am
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
10595 posts
19809 upvotes
lcmt wrote: Dollarama is selling VIM Disinfectant Sanitizer Wipes for $1/pack - 75 wipes (4 packs bundles). Both ocean Fresh and Citrus scents are available in store.
https://www.dollarama.com/en-CA/p-4pk-v ... sh/3106939
Nice!

I would have purchased, but I have enough stock.
lorreilme wrote: You can buy online from Dollarama now? Do they offer free shipping?
I was also surprised!
Oct 11, 2011
101 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
How is this a deal comparing to Costco's 600-count for $22.99? what am I missing here?
Mar 9, 2009
568 posts
609 upvotes
EananC641158 wrote: Yeah, surprised these aren't being sold for pennies since the world has moved on from COVID.
people do still clean
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10860 posts
3065 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
dino7c wrote: people do still clean
But likely not as obsessively as early in the pandemic when we were told it was spread through surface contact. Since fomites have been mostly ruled out as a significant source of spread and with almost everyone in Canada vaxed, one might expect all the extra production that was ramped up would lead to this stuff being cleared out.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Jan 18, 2011
72 posts
41 upvotes
Winnipeg
zlicht wrote: What happened to Lysol cylinder packages ?
Nowhere to be found.
Costco reviews for these new Lysol packages mention they are NOT the same as previous ones, too oily etc.
The old Lysol wipes have been discontinued. The Lysol website doesn't even show them anymore, and they reference having switched over to the (crappy) biodegradable ones.

I'm all for being eco-friendly, but I disliked the new ones so much that I returned the box I got at Costco halfway through the first pack.

They smell bad, are smaller, flimsy, made my fingers peel weirdly, they left a residue that I had to clean up with a paper towel, and they're not stacked like tissue, where the next one pops up, instead you have to scratch at the stack to find the end of the next one.

I mentioned it to the woman at the Costco returns counter, and she said everyone is complaining about them, including the staff, who have to clean their lunchroom tables with them.

TLDR: get the old ones if you can still find 'em.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1147 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
I have the same problem with the new packaging and the new wipes. They are terrible.

Where can you get the old stock? I presume that they have a very long shelf-life so getting old stock will not be an issue.
kt_kat wrote: The old Lysol wipes have been discontinued. The Lysol website doesn't even show them anymore, and they reference having switched over to the (crappy) biodegradable ones.

I'm all for being eco-friendly, but I disliked the new ones so much that I returned the box I got at Costco halfway through the first pack.

They smell bad, are smaller, flimsy, made my fingers peel weirdly, they left a residue that I had to clean up with a paper towel, and they're not stacked like tissue, where the next one pops up, instead you have to scratch at the stack to find the end of the next one.

I mentioned it to the woman at the Costco returns counter, and she said everyone is complaining about them, including the staff, who have to clean their lunchroom tables with them.

TLDR: get the old ones if you can still find 'em.
Jan 18, 2011
72 posts
41 upvotes
Winnipeg
shyhermit wrote: I have the same problem with the new packaging and the new wipes. They are terrible.

Where can you get the old stock? I presume that they have a very long shelf-life so getting old stock will not be an issue.
Search and see if there's anywhere in store that carries them in your area if you're lucky. I ended up driving to a town just outside my city, since it was the only place I could find, and got a 6-pack. Their shelf life is apparently only a 2 years, so I'm hoping by the time I've gone through the ones I bought, Lysol will get their shit together to improve the eco-formula and fix all the other things wrong.
Nov 26, 2020
24 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
We switched over to the Hertel wipes that Costco sells in warehouses in familiar plastic cylinders and they work fine compared to the old Lysol wipes.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1147 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
Great tip, Cessil.

Can you post the main disinfectant and its concentration used in this wipe? I am not familiar with this product.

Is it among the FDA list of products that can kill off the COVID virus?

Cessil wrote: We switched over to the Hertel wipes that Costco sells in warehouses in familiar plastic cylinders and they work fine compared to the old Lysol wipes.
Nov 26, 2020
24 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
shyhermit wrote: Great tip, Cessil.

Can you post the main disinfectant and its concentration used in this wipe? I am not familiar with this product.

Is it among the FDA list of products that can kill off the COVID virus?
Here is the product page on Costco.ca

"Kills SARS-CoV-2 cause of COVID-19"

As far as the FDA list, I am not sure.

I found the SDS from their website that shows chemical content %s on page 1.
May 5, 2021
352 posts
187 upvotes
West GTA
diegozhuca wrote: How is this a deal comparing to Costco's 600-count for $22.99? what am I missing here?
Interested in knowing this as well. We usually buy from Costco, wondering if this deal is cheaper than Costco.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7074 posts
3546 upvotes
Toronto
tissuehime wrote: That is a saving, no matter what you say
Savings doesn’t necessarily mean hot deal. And this is the hot deals forum
Nov 4, 2011
803 posts
600 upvotes
YYZ
chilli604 wrote: I would buy more but still have some from my 2020 order. I like the packaging of this items. Fits everywhere I need it to go. Such as lunch cooler, cars glove box, backpack. I work with my hands. So hands are always dirty.

The cylinder canister gets banged up and leaks all over and dries up
I didn't think Lysol wipes were supposed to be regularly used on skin. Most wipes for skin are either alcohol or occasionally benzalkonium chloride based.
Happy Amex / Brim / EQ / HSBC / PC Express / Simplii / Tangerine Customer
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7074 posts
3546 upvotes
Toronto
EananC641158 wrote: Yeah, surprised these aren't being sold for pennies since the world has moved on from COVID.
This is the dumbest thing I've read in a while.. The world has moved on from COVID?? You don't just "move on" from covid like it's a fashion trend. Covid is NOT OVER if you didn't realize.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8550 posts
4437 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I checked and I got this one in 2019 for $8.14 with $3 coupon.
What? It ended? :rolleyes:
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1832 posts
2122 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: This is the dumbest thing I've read in a while.. The world has moved on from COVID?? You don't just "move on" from covid like it's a fashion trend. Covid is NOT OVER if you didn't realize.
Do you look at current news? COVID and all the scaremongering is over for the general population of the world, life moves on.

End of story.
Jul 17, 2019
197 posts
378 upvotes
Found this deal in Dollarama - $4 for 300 wipes and they are good quality
Images
  • D5481546-0BA6-4923-AEAB-BC2048574A69.jpeg
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
10563 posts
2944 upvotes
Richmond Hill
This seems to be rather bulky to carry on the go, anyone has experience with Clorox on the go in smaller count and size?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7074 posts
3546 upvotes
Toronto
EananC641158 wrote: Do you look at current news? COVID and all the scaremongering is over for the general population of the world, life moves on.

End of story.
Big yikes
Sep 4, 2009
511 posts
319 upvotes
Calgary
COVID isn’t over and habits don’t die overnight.
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)