Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] M9S-PRO Android 5.1 Media Player / TV Box - Amlogic S905 Quad Core, 2GB/16GB, $53.90

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1296 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] Re: M9S-PRO Android 5.1 Media Player / TV Box - Amlogic S905 Quad Core, 2GB/16GB, $53.90

similar price from aliexpress.com . $36.69 US
16 replies
Mar 21, 2012
417 posts
213 upvotes
Edmonton
shows as $58.88 for me?
Nov 23, 2016
65 posts
53 upvotes
London
Shows up as $77 for me

Edit: My bad, I wasn't applying the code
Nov 23, 2013
302 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
what does oos mean?..
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2004
3309 posts
146 upvotes
We're sorry. The item Docooler M9S-PRO Smart Android TV Box Android 5.1 Amlogic S905 Quad Core XBMC UHD 4K 2G / 16G Mini PC WiFi H.265 DLNA Miracast HD Media Player US Plug is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.
Nov 23, 2013
302 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
dredd2099 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 12:20 pm
out of stock
welcome back to the forums
thank you
May 14, 2013
456 posts
525 upvotes
RFD
Hey just wanted to set some expectations for myself and see if anyone with experience with TV boxes can assist?
I recently purchased the NEXBOX A95X 2GB Pro TV Box with Kodi 16.1 preinstalled and am pretty dissapointed with the performance.
I had no issues setting it up and updating everything (I’ve used KODI before), but Kodi will often crash trying to play sources and wipe out all my saved skins/home shortcuts. Sometimes Youtube will crash and the box is unusable until I restart it. A lot of streams don’t work or will hang on loading. Many streams say they are 1080p, but are clearly not 1080p when played (is this a source issue?).
I just want to know my experience is common with these Asian android boxes? I want to jump on this deal but I’m afraid I’ll just have two boxes with the same problems. Are there any boxes that anyone can recommend with Kodi, but as problem free as say a Roku or AppleTV?
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
3014 posts
1254 upvotes
If you're not planning to run LibreElec, don't get this.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1732 posts
260 upvotes
Edmonton
The promotional code you entered is invalid for your purchase
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1860 posts
99 upvotes
I have one these box with similar ingredients....
They don't do 4K files.... 10bits 45gb .... Yes my tv is Sony 4K
I just attached with 2 tb external drive...use 4K player it kodi
It just freezes up....Face Without Mouth
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Dec 8, 2013
3 posts
Victoria
Yeah, I don;t think this promo code is valid anymore.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1438 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
TheAccountant wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 1:51 pm
Hey just wanted to set some expectations for myself and see if anyone with experience with TV boxes can assist?
I recently purchased the NEXBOX A95X 2GB Pro TV Box with Kodi 16.1 preinstalled and am pretty dissapointed with the performance.
I had no issues setting it up and updating everything (I’ve used KODI before), but Kodi will often crash trying to play sources and wipe out all my saved skins/home shortcuts. Sometimes Youtube will crash and the box is unusable until I restart it. A lot of streams don’t work or will hang on loading. Many streams say they are 1080p, but are clearly not 1080p when played (is this a source issue?).
I just want to know my experience is common with these Asian android boxes? I want to jump on this deal but I’m afraid I’ll just have two boxes with the same problems. Are there any boxes that anyone can recommend with Kodi, but as problem free as say a Roku or AppleTV?
the one and only box i bought, was very appealing at first, but came loaded with crap on kodi that was useless(and oddly enough could not be uninstalled normally). about an hour after turning it on(and setting it up) it crashed and when it came back on, it wanted an unlock code. i managed to figure out the code(0000) but it took me a long time to realize the remote's 'enter' button did not enter the code. so it wasn't until i hooked up a keyboard and entered the code that it finally worked. once in, i had to do a factory reset, and at the same time i decided to uninstall kodi, and reinstall it myself. since doing this it's been as stable and any 'cheap pc' i've ever had. maybe once a month, it needs to be restarted(kodi) which is similar to other pc's i have it installed on.

as for the streams, you cannot control that, it is a program issue, and hardware will never fix that. if you want more reliable sources, you will have to pay for them.
Mar 21, 2012
417 posts
213 upvotes
Edmonton
I've ordered pretty much every make and model at this point for my friends and family.

If you're only planning to use Kodi, the S905X boxes (preferably 2gb) are brilliant with LibreElec.

If you want to keep the android OS i'd recommend a Mi Box 3 Pro/Enhanced or something S912 3G. If you cannot uninstall Kodi, just open the Play Store and install "SPMC". Use SPMC instead and set up tvaddons -> exodus as you normally would.

If ease of use is your priority, get "Mi Box" (not 3 pro/enhanced) from Walmart US or ******** and install Kodi or SPMC from the Play Store.