• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 8:41 pm
19 replies
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
353 upvotes
Nunavut
Seriously if you havent tried safety blades try them first, youll never user these overpriced ones again
Nov 23, 2004
593 posts
917 upvotes
Ontario
Hindustunna wrote: Seriously if you havent tried safety blades try them first, youll never user these overpriced ones again
and second most to safety blades, just buy Dorco blades, and get on the Dorco mailing list because they run killer sales around all the major holidays. I usually get a years worth of 7 blade cartridges for something like $50 every black friday. They're the company that Dollar Shave Club sources from, but obviously way cheaper to buy direct when you need them instead of getting on a subscription plan.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1012 posts
971 upvotes
Abbotsford
The fusion is 100x better. It never clogs (even with 4 or 5 day growth)
Jul 21, 2013
742 posts
405 upvotes
Calgary
DanielM491 wrote: The fusion is 100x better. It never clogs (even with 4 or 5 day growth)
I find the Mach3 much better and I'm doing months with a single blade.

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 23rd, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: quote and your response were removed
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1012 posts
971 upvotes
Abbotsford
That's great. But I grow a very heavy and thick man beard.
I was mach 3 for probably 10 years. Then went to fusion
Jun 26, 2005
86 posts
4 upvotes
Gillette is a pretty trashy razor. I tried a lot of different razors and Gillette is at the bottom. The pink Gillette stuff is a little better but it cost a little more. I think they had a issue with the "pink tax" and this toxic ad was a smart way to keep it's loyal customers.

I don't buy Gillette because it's not the best a man can get. If you like Gillette, this is probably a good deal.
Apr 13, 2017
449 posts
232 upvotes
Hindustunna wrote: Seriously if you havent tried safety blades try them first, youll never user these overpriced ones again
I have, and I found it to be too much effort. I acknowledge the appeal that it has. It's both cheaper and a closer shave.

But I prefer to zone out and just get a quick shave done. I don't even need to use shaving cream for the mach3, just hot water after a shower and boom done. If I tried that with my safety I'd be covered in blood.
Dec 24, 2017
191 posts
193 upvotes
These are awesome blades, but the lack of a trimmer to shave my horrible would be looking mustache prevents me from taking advantage of these deals.
Jul 11, 2017
198 posts
162 upvotes
I prefer to give my money to another brand since Gillette is so expensive for what you get.
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
353 upvotes
Nunavut
KamS046 wrote: I have, and I found it to be too much effort. I acknowledge the appeal that it has. It's both cheaper and a closer shave.

But I prefer to zone out and just get a quick shave done. I don't even need to use shaving cream for the mach3, just hot water after a shower and boom done. If I tried that with my safety I'd be covered in blood.
You have to get used to it, I shave in the shower without cream and just use water as lubes no homo
Oct 24, 2009
842 posts
799 upvotes
Vancouver
mindabsence wrote: and second most to safety blades, just buy Dorco blades, and get on the Dorco mailing list because they run killer sales around all the major holidays. I usually get a years worth of 7 blade cartridges for something like $50 every black friday. They're the company that Dollar Shave Club sources from, but obviously way cheaper to buy direct when you need them instead of getting on a subscription plan.
I tried going from Mach 3 to Dorco but ended up changing back. The shave is just so much smoother with Mach 3 and I would get “pulling” on the Dorcos after just a few shaves. The Mach 3s last longer too and I probably get 2 weeks out of every cartridge. Ends up being the same or cheaper if you shop these sales.
Apr 13, 2016
494 posts
315 upvotes
this is coming from an ex Gillette user, get into safety razors Image

people that haven't used them think that we're talking about the dollar store throw away razors. no.

^ safety razors are wayyyyy better, I buy feather blades now which are technically on the higher end pricing wise but I like them and pay $0.3 per blade. At that price I can toss them after one use but I pull two out of them because I don't want to be wasteful, as each edge is brand new every use.
Last edited by redflag0 on Aug 23rd, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😱 4x Telus 25GB/$30 - 1x Fido Data 4GB/$0 - 1x Fido Data 3GB/$0 😱