Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Magformers 141 pieces on Amazon $141.60

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2020 1:20 pm
Dec 31, 2006
12 posts
5 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Magformers 141 pieces on Amazon $141.60

Hi Folks,
The large set of magformers is finally at the lowest price ever based on CCC.
These last and are fantastic for occupying/teaching kids.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B008A078Z2/ref ... TEbX1HNSMV.
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 9th, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
12 replies
Sep 23, 2010
943 posts
3515 upvotes
T Dot
Landon99 wrote: $1 per piece is not cheap
I agree with this.
We have a few hundred pieces and they were all about $0.50 per piece at Winners and Walmart over the past few years. No time machine but they can be had at a cheaper price (for reference).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Landon99 wrote: This is not fairflagdeal.com
Are you sure? There has been a deluge of regular price items because 'they are in stock' and that makes them hot for some reason? Seems to be redflagregular lately...
Aug 20, 2018
340 posts
1578 upvotes
For anyone interested, I think some of the other style of these are better.

My kids love building with magnets, so it’s a great concept (for us anyway) but since picking up the different brand (playbees for us) my kids haven’t touched their magformers. Maybe it’s just preference, but they’ve preferred the “solid” style of other brands to the “outline” style of magformers.
Aug 20, 2018
340 posts
1578 upvotes
Ugh I didn’t actually comment on the price.

I think this price is actually okay for these - magformers are expensive in general, so if you want magformers then the price is okay.

I’m not voting hot or cold, solely because while I think the price is good for these, I think the other brands (which happen to be cheaper) are better.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
How are the cheaper no name Chinese knockoffs? (Or should I say Chinese random named companies like HUGALI and IGMATY).

I bought magformer sets whenever they went on sale before I learned of the cheaper sets and was kicking myself. I must say though that my kid loves them and I find them very satisfying to play with also.
Jan 6, 2011
577 posts
827 upvotes
toronto
kr0zet wrote: Are you sure? There has been a deluge of regular price items because 'they are in stock' and that makes them hot for some reason? Seems to be redflagregular lately...
Nov 25, 2008
479 posts
939 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: How are the cheaper no name Chinese knockoffs? (Or should I say Chinese random named companies like HUGALI and IGMATY).

I bought magformer sets whenever they went on sale before I learned of the cheaper sets and was kicking myself. I must say though that my kid loves them and I find them very satisfying to play with also.
I bought the MIBOTE brand off amazon, $0.50 per piece. All pieces are solid and kid loves it (rather play with magnet blocks instead of megabloks, etc.). With the money saved on the pieces, I'm considering buying more pieces since we use up all 110 pieces every time. We end up fighting over the pieces since it's fun for me too!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1075 posts
1746 upvotes
Toronto
Landon99 wrote: This is not fairflagdeal.com
That's pretty witty, good one!

The normal price is anywhere from $1.20 to $1.50 per piece, so $1.00 per piece represents a discount anywhere from 16-33%. The odd time you might get a 44-piece set for $30, that kind of thing.

But if someone was looking to purchase, and didn't want to wait for a blue moon, it's a pretty good value.

But hey, why miss an opportunity to be snarky? Definitely encourages people to post things they find that others might find useful huh!

P.S. This site isn't hotflagdeal.com either, maybe put a bit more effort next time? Maybe something like "This isn't the "Fair Deals" forum.