• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2021 1:47 pm
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
603 posts
886 upvotes
Canada

[Amazon.ca] Magic Fit 7 Levels Foldable Weight Bench - 189.99

In stock Jan 31, here's an online review I found on YT....although views are low and no comments on the video, amazon reviews seem pretty good.

Amazon reviews also has extensive videos and photos of the dimensions of the bench which is nice.

Live a little
58 replies
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
603 posts
886 upvotes
Canada
n4huynh wrote: Thanks for sharing,

Any advantage to this bench vs the Fitness Reality one from walmart: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/fitness-re ... 0196090702

Or are they more or less the same?
Well from a quick glance, the one you posted seems pretty good too, however the magic fit seems a lot more space efficient, I would say if you have a dedicated room for workout equipments, then the Fitness Reality would be suitable, but for the people who have limited space, I think the Magic fit would be more suitable (since it folds up and you can store it in a smaller space).
Live a little
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9706 posts
63947 upvotes
Ontario
Seems like a shill post ?

There are plenty of benches out there that are in stock and this is just a regular price ? Right ?
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
603 posts
886 upvotes
Canada
Thatdealguy wrote: Seems like a shill post ?

There are plenty of benches out there that are in stock and this is just a regular price ? Right ?
....I have no connections to this company lol, I literally went on amazon and realized there was a workout bench, in stock and had decent reviews. Also from the recent bowflex workout bench posts, I thought this was a more cost efficient solution/option.
Live a little
Apr 9, 2020
11 posts
13 upvotes

Any recommendations in particular?
Jan 17, 2017
31 posts
8 upvotes
Jackji wrote: Well from a quick glance, the one you posted seems pretty good too, however the magic fit seems a lot more space efficient, I would say if you have a dedicated room for workout equipments, then the Fitness Reality would be suitable, but for the people who have limited space, I think the Magic fit would be more suitable (since it folds up and you can store it in a smaller space).
im still kicking myself for missing out on the fitness reality full rack + bench combo from Walmart. I waited too long to pull the trigger.

Looking for a deal on a rack + bench + weights packaged deal somewhere.
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
603 posts
886 upvotes
Canada
n4huynh wrote: im still kicking myself for missing out on the fitness reality full rack + bench combo from Walmart. I waited too long to pull the trigger.

By any chance do you remember how much the full combo cost at walmart? I didn't see that deal, but now that you mentioned it, I'm curious how much it cost before, thanks!
Live a little
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3317 posts
4527 upvotes
BC

I don't think OP is a shill but the video review sounds like a paid or product provided ad. The uploader links both the Amazon and AliExpress link, don't think a general consumer would go out of their way to link AliExpress.

I have no doubt some of the reviews on Amazon are paid for
n4huynh wrote: im still kicking myself for missing out on the fitness reality full rack + bench combo from Walmart. I waited too long to pull the trigger.

It comes and goes out of stock, pretty sure it was in stock last week. Keep an eye out.

Or there was a treadmill factory combo set posted that included weights. Quite a bit more expensive though

@Jackji a little bit under $500 after a $50 shipping charge

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/fitness-re ... 0197683406
Last edited by peakingduck on Jan 11th, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
1119 posts
2436 upvotes
Toronto
I just got this delivered half hour ago. It was in stock last week before quickly selling out again.

Will try it and see how it is.
Jan 17, 2017
31 posts
8 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I don't think OP is a shill but the video review sounds like a paid or product provided ad. The uploader links both the Amazon and AliExpress link, don't think a general consumer would go out of their way to link AliExpress.

I have no doubt some of the reviews on Amazon are paid for

It comes and goes out of stock, pretty sure it was in stock last week. Keep an eye out.

Or there was a treadmill factory combo set posted that included weights. Quite a bit more expensive though

@Jackji a little bit under $500 after a $50 shipping charge

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/fitness-re ... 0197683406
Yeah i saw that treadmill factory deal as well. I also considered but waited too long to pull the trigger as i wasn't sure if my car would be able to fit all of the boxes for pickup. It was also pricy.

But after doing more research it seems super difficult to find a weight set under 500 bucks if you include the barbell and at least 300 lbs worth of plates. :S. I should just bite the bullet and jump on the next deal available.
Aug 21, 2013
210 posts
200 upvotes
Kitchener
Jackji wrote: In stock Jan 31, here's an online review I found on YT....although views are low and no comments on the video, amazon reviews seem pretty good.

Amazon reviews also has extensive videos and photos of the dimensions of the bench which is nice.
The number of reviews with photos is cause for concern. Its typical that bought reviews require photos, I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the reviews are fake.
Also the pictures on amazon and those in the video show different benches, look at the adjustment method. Both designs look like a pretty poor design compared to most of the other adjustable benches I've seen.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1880 posts
715 upvotes
Richmond, ON
Thx OP... Grabbed one before they sell out..
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1880 posts
715 upvotes
Richmond, ON
OVOSound wrote: I just got this delivered half hour ago. It was in stock last week before quickly selling out again.

Will try it and see how it is.
let us know. Thank you!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3317 posts
4527 upvotes
BC
n4huynh wrote: Yeah i saw that treadmill factory deal as well. I also considered but waited too long to pull the trigger as i wasn't sure if my car would be able to fit all of the boxes for pickup. It was also pricy.

But after doing more research it seems super difficult to find a weight set under 500 bucks if you include the barbell and at least 300 lbs worth of plates. :S. I should just bite the bullet and jump on the next deal available.
Just gotta bite the bullet and drop the dough. It hurts at first but you won't really think about it after the fact. Buying as a bundle costs more but saves you countless hours searching for individual items.

There's also this option (currently OOS) which is cheaper, but the rack isn't as good as the XM one. I have the fit505 rack with the lat attachment and it works pretty good, but I'll probably upgrade in a few years when I get a bigger place. It's probably comparable to the fitness reality one except it seems difficult to source the lat attachment for the fitness reality cage at a reasonable price

https://www.treadmillfactory.ca/fit505-power-rack-combo
Apr 9, 2006
593 posts
211 upvotes
One review on amazon shows the bench broke with 400lbs on it.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1880 posts
715 upvotes
Richmond, ON
peakingduck wrote: Just gotta bite the bullet and drop the dough. It hurts at first but you won't really think about it after the fact. Buying as a bundle costs more but saves you countless hours searching for individual items.

There's also this option (currently OOS) which is cheaper, but the rack isn't as good as the XM one. I have the fit505 rack with the lat attachment and it works pretty good, but I'll probably upgrade in a few years when I get a bigger place. It's probably comparable to the fitness reality one except it seems difficult to source the lat attachment for the fitness reality cage at a reasonable price

https://www.treadmillfactory.ca/fit505-power-rack-combo
crap...Toronto is the closest for me.. ahhhhh!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1632 posts
597 upvotes
Winnipeg
I purchased this bench on amazon November 30th for $169.99 no tax charged and it was delivered on December 12th.

It was completely assembled out of the box. Just had to remove the safety pin and unfold it. Easy to adjust. Just have to remove the pin and move it to where you want it and reinsert the pin. Foot restraint is also adjustable by the way.

No issues. Seems very good for the price so far.
Lorenzo
Nov 23, 2004
693 posts
1192 upvotes
Ontario
Jackji wrote: Amazon reviews seem pretty good.

You've just highlighted the #1 red flag for Amazon reviews - lots of pictures and videos means shilled reviews paid for "under the table" by the manufacturer. Normal people don't leave tons of pictures, let alone videos, or long form reviews for a workout bench.

Fakespot rates this as a "C": https://www.fakespot.com/product/magic- ... r-home-gym

Those reviews are far from trustworthy or legitimate.