Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Magic Fit 7 Levels Foldable Weight Bench - 189.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2021 1:47 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
shaolin_x wrote: Not sure why are people so hung up on whether their cage is compatible with a lat pull down attachment? Most cages come pre-equip for chin-ups which are infinitely more effective for developing back strength and size
I probably use it just as much as the rack for accessories/volume. It has placements on the top and bottom so you're not only limited to lat pulldowns, much more versatile.

Chinups are effective but it would get boring doing them all day everyday. Not everyone can rep out chinups (like my gf) so the lat pulldown is a good starting point
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1574 posts
3584 upvotes
Canada
gjeyre wrote: Back in stock I think.
True, but I would spend an extra 40-50 bucks from their website and you can get the 5 year warranty from the company itself then the 1 year you get if you buy it from Walmart
Live a little
Sep 17, 2007
924 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
Nothing is better than fitness reality 1000 at this price point and at this point in time.
Change my mind.
Nov 30, 2007
296 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
I've been using this bench for about 2 weeks now and have had no problems with it. For a home gym it works well. Have used it for flat and incline bench press and it's been stable.
Jan 24, 2008
292 posts
134 upvotes
Scarborough
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Nothing is better than fitness reality 1000 at this price point and at this point in time.
Change my mind.
I was thinking of getting this but after looking at the pictures from Amazon reviews I went with Fitness Reality 1000. All those bent frame pictures are not inspiring confidence.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
The magic fit is littered with paid reviews, gotta look at the 4 stars and below to get a realistic sense of the product.

Edit: wow just looked at the pictures by sorting by 1 star reviews , the frames on the magic fit are literally bending in half. That's extremely dangerous.

I agree, fitness reality 1000 is probably the best value. My only gripe with it was how the backrest gets more narrow towards the top. Bothered me a bit for bench. I made a 200iq move and removed the screws and flipped the backrest around and now it's perfect (wider at top and tapering down to the bottom now)
rulerman wrote:
I was thinking of getting this but after looking at the pictures from Amazon reviews I went with Fitness Reality 1000. All those bent frame pictures are not inspiring confidence.
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Nothing is better than fitness reality 1000 at this price point and at this point in time.
Change my mind.
Images
  • A7DA2D4E-E4D5-4CE1-8596-9549EBABA6CB.png
  • 572ABF31-8CF1-49FE-9E28-D22918095B9D.png
Last edited by peakingduck on Jan 26th, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 12, 2018
255 posts
75 upvotes
Halifax, NS
antonbarua wrote: Did anyone try this one: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07S7NRZL4/?co ... _lig_dp_it ? Seems to have more reviews than the Magic Fit one.
I ordered this one last week, its supposed to show up tomorrow. Kind of wishing I got the Magic Fit one now though, as that one goes up to 90 degrees and this one doesn't. Oh well, I guess.

Edit: After reading this thread, I'll be sending this one back as soon as it shows up. Ordering the Fitness Reality 1000 Super Max Weight Bench now.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3481 posts
1772 upvotes
Guys, stay away from this thing!!
And be careful with the paid reviews on Amazon.

Cheap thin steel. This bench is known to bend right under the seat with just 350 lbs including your own weight.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2020
1083 posts
3304 upvotes
scrowe89 wrote: I ordered this one last week, its supposed to show up tomorrow. Kind of wishing I got the Magic Fit one now though, as that one goes up to 90 degrees and this one doesn't. Oh well, I guess.

Edit: After reading this thread, I'll be sending this one back as soon as it shows up. Ordering the Fitness Reality 1000 Super Max Weight Bench now.
Received Fitness Reality 1000 recently - I was impressed by how robust, stable and well made it is. Maybe footprint is not ideal, but it's very solid thing.
To be honest, I was thinking to cancel my order and to go for Magic Fit or other smaller size bench options, but when I got it and assembled, there was no question any more.
Ordered for $169.99+Tax.
Last edited by Hauntednsk on Jan 26th, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 12, 2018
255 posts
75 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Hauntednsk wrote: Received Fitness Reality 1000 recently - I was impressed by how robust, stable and well made it is. Maybe footprint is not ideal, but it's very solid thing.
Good to hear. Based on reviews it seems like it's worth the extra $40. Seems a lot safer.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2027 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
Nothing like a bunch of people talking shit over a product they haven't used, and discrediting the ones that actually have.

Look at the one star and two star reviews on the "world renowned" fitness reality bench. It's just as bad, if not worse.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1567 posts
1534 upvotes
This doesn't belong in hot deals. Regular price by definition can't be a "hot" deal. Maybe should be over in the Health & Wellness forum that no one ever reads.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
OVOSound wrote: Nothing like a bunch of people talking shit over a product they haven't used, and discrediting the ones that actually have.

Look at the one star and two star reviews on the "world renowned" fitness reality bench. It's just as bad, if not worse.
So we should just ignore the several reviews of the magic fit collapsing and trust RFDers that used the bench for a month or two? Lol okay
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2027 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: So we should just ignore the several reviews of the magic fit collapsing and trust RFDers that used the bench for a month or two? Lol okay
I assume reading isn't your strong suit, but if you give it a shot and bother to check the same 1 star reviews on the fitness reality bench, the same sentiments that are being shared about the magic fit bench are also posted under fitness reality reviews as well.

Yet, we're supposed to "trust RFDers" on that bench and not this one.
Sep 17, 2007
924 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
Change my mind.
This is the way!
Oct 25, 2005
261 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver
peakingduck wrote: So we should just ignore the several reviews of the magic fit collapsing and trust RFDers that used the bench for a month or two? Lol okay
Having owned both, I'd have to agree that the Fitness Reality bench has some advantages. Although the Magic Fit didn't bend during my ownership, having to adjust the little pin for every bench adjustment can get annoying, whereas on the Fitness Reality (which I'm using now) doesn't have this issue because it's just an arm that drops into place.

Also, the support arm on the Fitness Reality is much sturdier than the one on the Magic Fit. There were also a couple of incidents where the pin was not inserted securely (although I pushed it all the way in) and the bench collapsed during dumbbell press. Kind of scary but I'll just chop it up to my carelessness. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3759 posts
1397 upvotes
Ancaster
Another vote for the Fitness Reality 1000. I just bought mine from Walmart for $198 and it is a very solid bench for that price point.
Jan 24, 2008
292 posts
134 upvotes
Scarborough
nielboy wrote: Another vote for the Fitness Reality 1000. I just bought mine from Walmart for $198 and it is a very solid bench for that price point.
I got mine for 169. Walmart is dropping the price from time to time. Maybe you can get a price match request approved.