Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Magnetic Cell Phone Holder for Car $8.99 (50% Off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2021 9:26 am
[OP]
Banned
Jul 28, 2021
14 posts
16 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Magnetic Cell Phone Holder for Car $8.99 (50% Off)

While searching for a good deal on Car Phone Holder have found this one at Amazon.
Enter 50% off code JSSXXSLR at checkout.

This car phone holder works with almost all smartphones. That includes iPhone 12/ 12 Pro/ 12 mini/ 12 Pro Max/ iPhone SE/ iPhone 11/ 11 Pro/ 11 Pro Max/ X / Xs, Samsung Galaxy S21/ S20/ S10e/ S9 Plus, Google Pixel 4 XL/ 4/ 3a XL/ 2 XL/ XL, Nexus 6P, XiaoMi, Huawei and more
Images
  • 81v+wlf6ugL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
29 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1325 posts
1312 upvotes
I had bad experience with them, especially in winters and my iPhone. When heating is turned on, the hot air heats up the phone, especially more when it’s plugged in car charger and the phone would get super hot, displaying a message that the iPhone needs to cool down. Summer time is okay.
Aug 2, 2018
93 posts
79 upvotes
raviji wrote: I had bad experience with them, especially in winters and my iPhone. When heating is turned on, the hot air heats up the phone, especially more when it’s plugged in car charger and the phone would get super hot, displaying a message that the iPhone needs to cool down. Summer time is okay.
That seems like a common sense issue and not an issue with the actual mounts... Obviously blowing non-stop hot air on an electronic device, or anything, would result in it getting hot...
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1972 posts
1656 upvotes
Pickering
raviji wrote: I had bad experience with them, especially in winters and my iPhone. When heating is turned on, the hot air heats up the phone, especially more when it’s plugged in car charger and the phone would get super hot, displaying a message that the iPhone needs to cool down. Summer time is okay.

Ditto. Had a couple of vent-clip phone holders, and maybe it's my experience, but not the greatest at holding in place considering the uneven weight distribution if you have a heavy phone, too.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $66.5/45GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Dec 30, 2018
58 posts
62 upvotes
I just turn that single vent off, seems no heat problem after.
Oct 1, 2012
306 posts
191 upvotes
GVR
You need the metal plate glued or insert into the phone case to use. Weak magnet without the included plate. MagSafe is the way to go but not this one.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24173 posts
12216 upvotes
Toronto
Spud10909 wrote: That seems like a common sense issue and not an issue with the actual mounts... Obviously blowing non-stop hot air on an electronic device, or anything, would result in it getting hot...
Right, so why even buy these mounts to begin with? Get something else.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1172 posts
410 upvotes
Have used lots of these and never had issue. A lot of it depends on the design of your car's dash. I keep the metal plate between my phone and it's case.

That said... you can get similar ones at Winners or Dollarama for less.
Mar 16, 2013
102 posts
177 upvotes
I had a similar issue with a similar mount, I just took a piece of black cloth and stuffed it into my vents, to block the airflow during winter. When summer comes I pull it out with a pair of needle nose pliers. No issues anymore
Jan 8, 2019
185 posts
585 upvotes
Regardless of the heating / cooling issue (which can honestly be resolved by just turning the vent off... have used these before in summer and winter with no issue with the vent turned off), these types of mounts can be found at Dollarama / most other dollar stores for ~ $2 - $3, and will come with the magnetic plate you can put in your phone case or stick to the back of your phone to work.

Just note, if your phone has wireless charging capability, it will most likely not work with a magnetic plate attached on the back. I've seen some high power wireless chargers go through a thin plate if the plate is placed just right and doesn't cover all of the wireless charging coils in the phone, but 9.9 times out of 10 it won't work.

At any rate, downvote for the thread. Sorry OP, but price alone is bad when they can regularly be bought for the same price as a couple loonie shakes.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16796 posts
3309 upvotes
GTA
DaVibe wrote: Right, so why even buy these mounts to begin with? Get something else.
yea i agree
i have the same experience with hot water
in the summer, it sucks cuz it's already so hot. in the winter it's ok cuz it's nice to hop into a warm shower when it's cold.

so why have hot water anyway??? get something else
Apr 8, 2011
430 posts
1055 upvotes
Calgary
Never was a fan of the vent ones, so bought these. they're the bomb. I was a bit skeptical at first they'd stick through winter AND summer, but they've worked so well, I bought more for other vehicles. Matter of fact, I wanted one off where it was mounted and had a helluva time peeling that sticky vhb off. Highly recommended.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07K1Q ... UTF8&psc=1
Jan 27, 2011
585 posts
416 upvotes
Not a fan of the magnet ones as they don't work with wireless charging.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1325 posts
1312 upvotes
Spud10909 wrote: That seems like a common sense issue and not an issue with the actual mounts... Obviously blowing non-stop hot air on an electronic device, or anything, would result in it getting hot...

Agree, but what’s the point of buying something where we have to use common sense and judgement to decide should we use the product in this situation or not? If I’m buying something I better be able to use it anytime. Might as well invest in a different mount.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8933 posts
4848 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I modified these phone holder and integrated it with the dash mount.
It is best of the both world.
When I use a phone without magnet plate, I can use the dash phone mount and when I use my magnet plate phone, I can use it.
The trick is you need to glue this mount onto the dash mount with heat resistance glue and then tape it with high temperature tape.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Dec 14, 2017
43 posts
47 upvotes
I use two, one that's suctioned on the windshield for the winter, and one that's over the vent in the summer to keep it from overheating.
Jun 2, 2007
571 posts
743 upvotes
GTA
People know they can turn off airflow to that single vent right? Where is khaby lame when you need him...
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Jan 13, 2017
772 posts
356 upvotes
These may not hold a very large phone, but I say just get this from Primecables for your car to hold your phone.

Magnetic Car Mount, 360 Degree Rotatable Universal Car Phone Mount Holder $5.99

If you want it clipped to your air vent in your car.

Car Mount, Air Vent Magnetic Phone Holder - $5.74

Been using both in my cars, and haven't had any issues with both of them.
Feb 26, 2007
491 posts
471 upvotes
raviji wrote: Agree, but what’s the point of buying something where we have to use common sense and judgement to decide should we use the product in this situation or not? If I’m buying something I better be able to use it anytime. Might as well invest in a different mount.
I agree. When I buy something, I also want to be able to use it anytime without any common sense whatsoever!