Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] The Mamba Mentality - Hardcover ($27.33)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2020 8:59 am
[OP]
Feb 13, 2018
68 posts
103 upvotes
Mississauga

[Amazon.ca] The Mamba Mentality - Hardcover ($27.33)

For those who wants to keep a hard copy and a good memorabilia. Currently on sale on Amazon.ca and cheaper than Indigo or other retailers.

https://www.amazon.ca/Mamba-Mentality-H ... 083&sr=8-1

“Mamba out!”
Last edited by jinjin19 on Feb 5th, 2020 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
14 replies
Nov 20, 2005
162 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you! Been shopping around and could only find this online at Indigo. I was about to order it online for $45! I swear I thought I saw Amazon had it for regular price just yesterday. So it just have just gone on sale. Anyways I ended up ordering one So glad I waited. Thanks again!!
Nov 21, 2014
634 posts
524 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, ordered!
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Jun 28, 2009
888 posts
461 upvotes
It’s an ok book.

It’s more how he prepares for each opponent, tell us their tendency, etc.

It’s a short read.

Now, if you are interested in about the man’s life, Showboat is good read
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1577 posts
787 upvotes
@Shady67
Don't you think it's a bit premature to label someone racist just cause they downvoted as a bad product.
Dec 16, 2018
160 posts
392 upvotes
Shady67 wrote: Which racist downvoted this as a bad product? I can't see any other reason downvoting a book written by one of the best athletes of our generation, especially one who just passed away.

Good find, OP. Buying this as a birthday gift for a friend.
This book is a bad product, way over hyped. I read it expecting something similar to Ray Allen's "From the Outside", but Kobe's book is more of a picture book with various player facts and small excerpts into his routines/games. It is visually appealing with photos scattered throughout, but a bit boring since it was very brief in many areas and didn't delve into his "Mamba Mentality" as much as I would have liked. This book had so much potential. Growing up watching basketball, I am pretty sure everyone can agree that Kobe Bryant is one of the greatest basketball players (and athletes in general). I was looking to get my hands on this book for a very long time, and when I finally got the chance to start reading the book, I was a bit confused. I really was looking forward to understanding how Kobe Bryant approached the game of basketball, how he trained and mentally prepared for the insane match ups he had to go up against on a nightly basis, and just curious to learn about how he went about life in general. However, it was just a book filled with pictures with mere sprinklings of paragraphs or two on certain aspects of his journey. What content there was seemed quite vague and really didn't stick with me as the book jumped around on subject quite a bit. I have read quite a few sports books and I often enjoy the subject understanding how professional athletes "tick" but I really was just left more confused and underwhelmed. It, however, was great to see the pictures supplement the stories Kobe Bryant shared, but for a book that built so much hype to give us all the inside look of the "mamba mentality". Perhaps the book should be instead geared towards folks who are not consistent readers or are looking to pick up and finish a book in the period of a couple of hours. Just my racist review.

Also for what its worth, not close to its lowest price according to CCC, not a hot deal.
There are people so damn poor all they have is their money.
May 14, 2009
36 posts
28 upvotes
Shady67 wrote: Which racist downvoted this as a bad product? I can't see any other reason downvoting a book written by one of the best athletes of our generation, especially one who just passed away.

Classic example of how way too many people get butthurt way too easily nowadays and start making up ridiculous accusations...
2019 Tesla Model 3 I'm doing my part, are you?
Nov 19, 2005
299 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
TimothyLeary wrote: Also for what its worth, not close to its lowest price according to CCC, not a hot deal.
According to CCC, the lowest price ever was $21.73 on Jan 26, 2019.

Kobe died on Jan 26, 2020 :(

Spooky...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1160 posts
244 upvotes
Calgary
I looked at the price a few days ago and it was jacked up to $71 or so at one point. Amazon pricing algorithms, right *rolleyes*
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4303 posts
3866 upvotes

Edit: I correct myself. Too soon to use the term racist. Just explain why you downvote a product, it's like posting a one-star review on a restaurant with no explanation.
Too soon?

Why is the term 'racist' even being thrown around? Is it not possible that a person can downvote this for reasons other then being racist?

This is just getting ridiculous now.