Manual Ice Shaver $21.26 amazon.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2020 5:47 pm
[OP]
Feb 29, 2004
167 posts
80 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Manual Ice Shaver $21.26 amazon.ca

Great for the warmer weather coming up. If you plan on eating shaved ice all the time, i would splurge on an electric Doshisha but for a snack once in a while you can't go wrong with the price.
Last edited by TifaLockhart on May 16th, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
39 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4606 posts
5674 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
I remember using these in my house hold as a child. Now to find some syrup
Dec 13, 2016
83 posts
135 upvotes
Alliston
Maybe it's the nice weather today, but in for one.
[OP]
Feb 29, 2004
167 posts
80 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: I remember using these in my house hold as a child. Now to find some syrup
Try it with some condensed milk drizzled on top with fruit.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13484 posts
25537 upvotes
Knowing my luck with these plastic thingies I have a feeling it’ll snap after the first turn lol
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3485 posts
2461 upvotes
where to buy syrup? seems like it cost more than the ice shaver....
Got that FIDO account!
Got that ZOOMER account!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2512 posts
1701 upvotes
Vancouveresque
riseagainstthemachine wrote: where to buy syrup? seems like it cost more than the ice shaver....
You can buy any flavored syrup you like, including Torani syrup.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Aug 8, 2013
48 posts
87 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Torani offers sugar free syrups if you're doing low carb or keto
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3651 posts
1721 upvotes
Vancouver
I've never used one of these -- so you freeze water in the 3 included molds, then shave that back in the bowl to eat? Are there specific syrups, recipes that should be used? Trying to make it a good first experience for the wife and kids.
Dec 12, 2005
701 posts
169 upvotes
Richmond
Use fresh fruits like mango or strawberry, then drizzle with condensed milk. If you want to make like the Korean bing so, freeze milk instead of water then run shave.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3651 posts
1721 upvotes
Vancouver
ai_c wrote: Use fresh fruits like mango or strawberry, then drizzle with condensed milk. If you want to make like the Korean bing so, freeze milk instead of water then run shave.
Thanks! The milk is a great idea.

Do you put the fruit in with the liquid to freeze (so everything gets shaved), or is it just as topping?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6407 upvotes
SynGamer wrote: Anyone recommend an affordable bingsu machine?
was waiting for people to say bingsu 3 times before posting this, a few others on Amazon.ca sold by Japanese sellers
The ones with the adjustable blades seem to do the trick, however one issue with the electric versions is that the voltage of those appliances are likely different and you will need a transformer.

Last edited by kimwoobingsu on May 17th, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 12, 2005
701 posts
169 upvotes
Richmond
The fruit will be your topping. This will taste very similar to bingsoo.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1012 posts
890 upvotes
Ottawa
kimwoobingsu wrote: was waiting for people to say bingsu 3 times before posting this
Watched it, tl;dr of the video is the Doshisha Electric Full-Scale ice Crusher Fluffy is what you want for bingsu. BUT, it's expensive here in Canada.

Heard great things about the Hawaiian shaved ice brand, but good luck finding one in Canada.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6407 upvotes
SynGamer wrote: Watched it, tl;dr of the video is the Doshisha Electric Full-Scale ice Crusher Fluffy is what you want for bingsu. BUT, it's expensive here in Canada.

Heard great things about the Hawaiian shaved ice brand, but good luck finding one in Canada.
You know what? I actually think the one in the OP can be made serviceable for bingsu, was reading the description in the OP and it says the blade is adjustable.
Might be worth a try for $22. I'm in for one.