Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Marantz HD DAC1 (Headphone Amp/DAC) $694.06

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 11:27 am
Feb 11, 2016
332 posts
221 upvotes
Ren wrote: Calculus 1 & 2 which are derivatives and integrals are not differential calculus, but do keep spouting BS :) I suppose you could argue calculus includes differential calculus which is kind like saying math includes calculus. In this case 2nd, 3rd, 4th and sometimes higher order harmonic resonance covered in differential calculus is very relevant to audio gear. If you’ve heard the word sibilance then that involves harmonic resonance.

Semantics aside, we can get to the crux of the argument. You’ve admitted you have no knowledge of signal analysis. Hate to break it to you, but signal analysis is pretty relevant to audio gear. I’ve already suggested you go to Inner Fidelity’s website for their layman’s take on transient response, and no I will not provide a direct link for you.

To put it in to terms more familiar with you, asking an engineer to provide a paper proving transient response exists is like asking a computer scientist to provide a paper that Boolean logic exists. I will not provide one. I have no interest in furthering what is a pointless question.
I asked you to cite a paper because you seem to know more about it. Please don't take me in a negative way. I will also search using my office account. We do get access to all published journals.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
2962 posts
652 upvotes
BC
frugalfruit wrote: I asked you to cite a paper because you seem to know more about it. Please don't take me in a negative way. I will also search using my office account. We do get access to all published journals.
I appreciate you civility. I strongly suggest you check out Inner Fidelity’s take on transient response. If you’d like to know more about it Wikipedia does a passable job. And I do apologize when I’ve been saying differential calculus I meant differential calculus equations. It is very different from calc 1.

Unfortunately I have no time to be looking for papers. Contrary to my responses, I should be doing other things.