• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2021 12:42 pm
[OP]
Dec 15, 2019
68 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Switch (Physical Copy) $19.95

I don't think this game has been sold for lower than this price. It's quite worth it in my opinion.
38 replies
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1866 posts
2073 upvotes
BC
Even if this game doesn't interest you, in the past EB has offered $30+ trade in value for it. Now, is it worth sitting on it for months in the hopes that EB even survives the pandemic? Probably not, but it does hold resale value (and it's not a bad game either). I look at all Nintendo IP games as already discounted because they hold their value for years. Switch launch titles are still trading for half their initial cost. I just sold Octopath Traveller for $50 on CL last month lol.

Yolo in for 500, big returns or bust.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1166 posts
3033 upvotes
New Brunswick
Anyone remember the $30 Walmart deal that got you the game, DLC, and a figurine? I still kick myself for not jumping on that lol
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11522 posts
8359 upvotes
Oil Country
Is this game any good? I noticed it's a Ubisoft title, and not Nintendo developed.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Dec 5, 2019
29 posts
30 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: Is this game any good? I noticed it's a Ubisoft title, and not Nintendo developed.
This is a great game. It has a board game mechanic and the strategy can be difficult at parts but it's addicting and the story took a lot of time to complete. It's my favourite Switch game, a steal at $20.

Check out a gameplay video to see if it's something you'd like. The gameplay mechanics might turn some people off if they're not expecting or into that sort of thing.
Feb 4, 2017
358 posts
328 upvotes
mikebc wrote: Now, is it worth sitting on it for months in the hopes that EB even survives the pandemic?
You clearly haven't been on /r/wallstreetbets xD.

Game has a similar play style to Xcom for those who played that before but with the Nintendo twist. Fairly enjoyable game especially for this price.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3841 posts
1716 upvotes
Within its first year or two, this game was constantly $20... then for whatever reason, i never went below $30.

Great price at $20 given it rarely reaches this price anymore
Nov 21, 2019
36 posts
21 upvotes
yeah ebgames aint going anywhere as long as reddit exists Lol
Jan 23, 2007
100 posts
121 upvotes
East Saint Paul
It was the first Switch game I bought 2 plus years ago and to date it's in my top 3 best experiences with the Switch. I probably wouldn't recommend it for younger kids (under 8) but for all other ages it is a lot of fun and it can be very clever at times. It's nowhere near as in depth as an X-Com or Final Fantasy Tactics type game, but it still provides a real good challenge and the characters and moves are all really enjoyable.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1422 posts
1097 upvotes
Ottawa
I will let fate decide; if still available tomorrow morning, I'll pick it up
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1906 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
If you like XCOM (turn-based strategy, you’ll like this game). It’s similar style of play- very fun! Though too easy. My boys and I enjoy playing the multi-player mode. Bought it when it has the DLC, figurine...traded in to EB games and got Mario Maker 2 for my son.
Nov 17, 2018
68 posts
97 upvotes
This satiated my xcom itch before xcom 2 was finally released. Fantastically fun and playful version of xcom. Highly recommend for those who enjoy turn based strategy games
Jun 19, 2017
640 posts
1173 upvotes
Canada
BranCracker wrote: Anyone remember the $30 Walmart deal that got you the game, DLC, and a figurine? I still kick myself for not jumping on that lol
I sure do! I remember running to the only Walmart showing stock in my city and grabbing the last 2 for me and my brother. My niece still plays with the figurine every now and again, great deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1682 posts
3151 upvotes
Toronto
halcyon wrote: Within its first year or two, this game was constantly $20... then for whatever reason, i never went below $30.

Great price at $20 given it rarely reaches this price anymore
Only if you are looking for physical. If you are ok with digital, it goes to $20 once a month.
Jan 13, 2017
18 posts
6 upvotes
Great game! In fact, thinking about it makes me want to start another playthrough...
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4314 posts
4086 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
It's still $15 TIV at EB so it at least qualifies for the Trade 3 Get it Free.

Worth $26.67 if you trade it towards a $79.99 preorder/new release and $30 if you trade it towards an $89.99 preorder/new release.
Feb 19, 2010
512 posts
211 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Was $11 on warehouse this afternoon due to the price drop. Snagged it up.