• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2022 12:41 pm
[OP]
Jan 3, 2013
900 posts
3374 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Marmot Crane Creek 2P Backpacking/Camping Tent $101.74

This Marmot Crane Creek Backpacking and Camping Tent, Macaw/Crocodile in 2 PERSON size is available for $101.74. It’s a really hot deal for a 2P tent. It was up on a few weeks ago at this price and sold out quickly, I didn’t get a chance to order. It just came back in stock. Comparable Marmot tent usually over $200. AFIAK, footprint is not included, unfortunately.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0754SP75F/
15 replies
Jun 10, 2020
905 posts
934 upvotes
Ordered one, thanks.. Cheapest I've ever seen a comparable tent was the North Face one (similar weight) for maybe $149 at a low? (Stormbreak?).. Not bad. Yeah though, someone should post a tutorial for making your own footprint :P
Jun 10, 2020
905 posts
934 upvotes
AFAIK, the tent is old stock/discontinued so footprint hard to come by @ reasonable price.
Mar 5, 2012
390 posts
446 upvotes
Montréal
Coolcicada wrote: This Marmot Crane Creek Backpacking and Camping Tent, Macaw/Crocodile in 2 PERSON size is available for $101.74. It’s a really hot deal for a 2P tent. It was up on a few weeks ago at this price and sold out quickly, I didn’t get a chance to order. It just came back in stock. Comparable Marmot tent usually over $200. AFIAK, footprint is not included, unfortunately.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0754SP75F/
Yeah, I got it in the previous deal, I ordered it for an upcoming bike camping expedition.
Please keep in mind this comes from an novice camper RFDer (last time was in 2012 with a giant 6 people tent for 2 occupants).

I set it up in my living room, the spoke install was a bit frustrating at first, but nothing I could not figure out, and I am sure it will be easier the second time. The tent is roomy for one person and gear, probably ok for two. It appears to be of good quality, the weight is acceptable for tents of this category,
It seems this tent can be found on and off for $200, so it it still a pretty good deal.

In true RFD spirit, I used a pair of scissors and cheap Dollarama tarp to make a DIY footprint

Tarps that extend past the dimensions of the tent’s floor may act as “rain catchers,” and that moisture can then roll between the tarp and the tent floor, leading to a soggy mess. A perfectly measured tent footprint, however, will not extend beyond the floor’s dimensions and will thus act as an excellent water barrier.

Simply put, if you can afford a dedicated tent footprint, one cut to size for your specific tent, it will probably offer you more protection than a tarp. However, if your recreation funds are a little short, a tarp will always do in a pinch, and can even be used for other functions around the campsite.
[OP]
Jan 3, 2013
900 posts
3374 upvotes
Toronto
AlexisFR wrote: Yeah, I got it in the previous deal, I ordered it for an upcoming bike camping expedition.
Please keep in mind this comes from an novice camper RFDer (last time was in 2012 with a giant 6 people tent for 2 occupants).

I set it up in my living room, the spoke install was a bit frustrating at first, but nothing I could not figure out, and I am sure it will be easier the second time. The tent is roomy for one person and gear, probably ok for two. It appears to be of good quality, the weight is acceptable for tents of this category,
It seems this tent can be found on and off for $200, so it it still a pretty good deal.
In true RFD spirit, I used a pair of scissors and cheap Dollarama tarp to make a DIY footprint
I already have a Marmot tent (Catalyst 2P) which looks to be very similar to this one. If the poles are the same as that tent, you do get the hang of it very quickly- I have no issues setting it up/taking it down by myself. The footprint that came with the Marmot Catalyst was just a piece of polyester? with anchor points in the corners so I think a homemade one would work fine. Hope you enjoy your trip.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5076 posts
4221 upvotes
BC
DasHip wrote: someone should post a tutorial for making your own footprint :P
Jun 19, 2017
652 posts
1183 upvotes
Canada
Showing $296.00 for me… is there a different link?
Mar 5, 2012
390 posts
446 upvotes
Montréal
Lickzy wrote: Showing $296.00 for me… is there a different link?
Dead for now, but install keepa on chrome and set price alerts, as per keepa it's the 3rd time there was such a price drop this month.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
2487 posts
2700 upvotes
BC
Dead for now, great deal for car camping. 5 lb min weight (no fly no sheet) is borderline if you're doing long hikes. Split between 2 people its nothing but personally I use a 2p for solo. Sportchek used to have the 2p Marmot Tungsten down to $150 occasionally, that's the lowest priced major brand offering in recent memory.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5140 posts
1912 upvotes
Kitchener
D'oh. I should've checked my email alert sooner.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2205 posts
4543 upvotes
Vancouver
DasHip wrote: AFAIK, the tent is old stock/discontinued so footprint hard to come by @ reasonable price.
Footprint

AKA

Completely pointless, overpriced tarp that you don't need to use

We don't even use tents anymore, even in winter say Banff -25c. Bivy bag = good 2 go
Dec 24, 2007
704 posts
1177 upvotes
danascully wrote: Footprint

AKA

We don't even use tents anymore, even in winter say Banff -25c. Bivy bag = good 2 go
i camped in a tent about 30-40 nights on a motorbike trip this winter through the USA and mexico. i brought an old 2 man tent my parents bought me when i was a teenager. i didn't bring a footprint and didn't feel that i needed one. it was pretty buggy on the pacific coast though, i was glad to be in a tent
Jan 23, 2019
207 posts
138 upvotes
Leafs Nation
I was able to snag one earlier.

Thanks OP!
Mar 5, 2012
390 posts
446 upvotes
Montréal
danascully wrote: Footprint

AKA

I bike around at this time of the year, not willing to sleep outdoor in swarms of bugs. How do you deal with bugs at night in your bivyh bag?
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21227 posts
4267 upvotes
YUL
I bought this for my son in the last time it was posted. An absolute bargain at this price. High quality tent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)