• Apr 20th, 2019 2:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2270 posts
846 upvotes
Edmonton

[Amazon Canada] Married With Children - Complete Series $28.00 @amazon.ca

This is for anyone still interested in TV series on DVD.

262 episodes from 11 seasons

It is a third party seller but fulfilled by Amazon. Price has been dropping over the last few days as the seller has been undercutting Amazon. Amazon is selling at $28.02 plus tax. The $28.00 is tax-in (or no tax charged by seller if you prefer). There are only four copies left. Once these are gone, you will see Amazon's price shoot back up.

The seller is also on amazon.com and it is selling there for $27.97 USD.
45 replies
Feb 10, 2014
406 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
So tempting, but it's right now all on Amazon Prime Video....if it wasnt, I'd be all over this!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2270 posts
846 upvotes
Edmonton
Coresu wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 2:35 pm
So tempting, but it's right now all on Amazon Prime Video....if it wasnt, I'd be all over this!
Correct, "right now".
Feb 10, 2014
406 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
starchoice wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 2:43 pm
Correct, "right now".
True, once it's gone it'll be gone for who knows. And eventually everyone starts to miss Al Bundy.....tempting!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
5953 posts
206 upvotes
Scarborough
This is my favorite TV show. Back when everything wasn't all PC this and PC that
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
3639 posts
1245 upvotes
M-Arkham
AL, Just so you know, I pluck one hair from your head every night so you go bald a little faster
2x Zoomer $36 for 4GB and unlimited Can wide txt/talk
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse
Jan 28, 2014
532 posts
173 upvotes
Would rather get copy on Google Play if they offered it for same price (spoiler they don't)

I don't even own a dvd player anymore
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4880 posts
1879 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Gone back up to $35. I've been watching these on Prime a lot after a long hiatus. Damn Al Bundy was the man. This show is terrible and awesome at the same time. As someone pointed out, things have sadly changed in this PC easily offended snowflake world as of late, and even though this show was still on TV less than 20 years ago, there is no way a show like this could be done again. The world changed and now you can't laugh at anything anymore or make fun of people for fear that one Twitter user in Moose Jaw might take offence.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2567 posts
896 upvotes
midget_man wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 3:50 pm
Gone back up to $35. I've been watching these on Prime a lot after a long hiatus. Damn Al Bundy was the man. This show is terrible and awesome at the same time. As someone pointed out, things have sadly changed in this PC easily offended snowflake world as of late, and even though this show was still on TV less than 20 years ago, there is no way a show like this could be done again. The world changed and now you can't laugh at anything anymore or make fun of people for fear that one Twitter user in Moose Jaw might take offence.
Check out "All in the Family". It's a similar series from the 70s that likely had a lot of influence on the creation of Married With Children.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2270 posts
846 upvotes
Edmonton
cooper83 and STIGUY didn't read the first line of my first post.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2270 posts
846 upvotes
Edmonton
midget_man wrote:
Gone back up to $35.

...as I predicted.

midget_man wrote:
As someone pointed out, things have sadly changed in this PC easily offended snowflake world as of late, and even though this show was still on TV less than 20 years ago, there is no way a show like this could be done again. The world changed and now you can't laugh at anything anymore or make fun of people for fear that one Twitter user in Moose Jaw might take offence.
After last Christmas and many radio stations banning "Baby, it's Cold Outside", a song from the forties, I'm concerned that the media may just censor what isn't PC and Amazon Prime Video and other outlets may not air these classic shows any longer so I'm happy just to secure my own copy at a reasonable price and laugh at my own discretion, harking back to when the world was a little saner.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2654 posts
609 upvotes
Vancouver
starchoice wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 3:56 pm
cooper83 and STIGUY didn't read the first line of my first post.
Would there actually be any value to getting this on Bluray? Can they actually improve the quality from the source material?