• Jun 13th, 2020 6:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6085 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Marshall Stanmore II Speaker 369.99 - warmish

This thing is a beast. $369.99 is a warm price. It looks to have been this price for a couple of days, and not sure when it expires...
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3472 posts
1766 upvotes
https://www.londondrugs.com/marshall-st ... 97950.html

I don't know anything about this speaker, but it's the same price at London Drugs.

I was impressed with the Marshall Stockwell II other than the max volume or lack thereof. I assume this would be a considerable step up in every aspect. It looks too big to be considered portable though and if it isn't needed to be portable, a 2.0 or 2.1 setup could be a better choice.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6085 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa
SizzleChest wrote: https://www.londondrugs.com/marshall-st ... 97950.html

I don't know anything about this speaker, but it's the same price at London Drugs.

I was impressed with the Marshall Stockwell II other than the max volume or lack thereof. I assume this would be a considerable step up in every aspect. It looks too big to be considered portable though and if it isn't needed to be portable, a 2.0 or 2.1 setup could be a better choice.
Not meant to be portable due to weight and AC adapter need, but the advantage is it's got a ton of power. I ordered one for the study to listen to vinyl and be a multimedia player... FOR THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!! :twisted:
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11073 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
This is an amazing speaker; I first saw it at the W Hotel in Amsterdam, where they put them in every room. It looks retro, but the quality of the music is amazing, and the bluetooth connection works very well.

There is a portable version of this, but after using it in my hotel room, I spent a year trying to find a reasonable price for it - this isn't too bad. I believe it was around $379.99 at BB in 2018, so still a great price. I ended up returning that one, as Amazon.com had it on sale at $169.99 USD, and has had several sales over the past two years if you have the ability to pick it up in the US.

Believe me, with the quality of it you'll have your walls shaking the bass in no time ;)
- Absolute
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6085 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa
Absolute wrote: This is an amazing speaker; I first saw it at the W Hotel in Amsterdam, where they put them in every room. It looks retro, but the quality of the music is amazing, and the bluetooth connection works very well.

There is a portable version of this, but after using it in my hotel room, I spent a year trying to find a reasonable price for it - this isn't too bad. I believe it was around $379.99 at BB in 2018, so still a great price. I ended up returning that one, as Amazon.com had it on sale at $169.99 USD, and has had several sales over the past two years if you have the ability to pick it up in the US.

Believe me, with the quality of it you'll have your walls shaking the bass in no time ;)
I haven't seen a lower price and figured now was a good a time as any to buy....
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11073 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
skanji wrote: I haven't seen a lower price and figured now was a good a time as any to buy....
Absolutely, that's probably the lowest in Canada that's it been, and worth it!
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3472 posts
1766 upvotes
bhrm wrote: Yes but the Marshall look so much better and cooler.

Edifier does not look cool at all.
Personal preference I guess. I don't mind the looks of the Stanmore II but it kinda resembles a toaster from the 1950s or 60s,
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3689 posts
1694 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Personal preference I guess. I don't mind the looks of the Stanmore II but it kinda resembles a toaster from the 1950s or 60s,
Agree, if it was a square shape or if they added dials it would look nicer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6085 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa
bhrm wrote: Agree, if it was a square shape or if they added dials it would look nicer.
I’ll be getting mine next week, but In my experience, using the Stanmore II in the last, the dials on this thing on the top are the most high feel you will have on any Bluetooth device. It feels like a piece of musician equipment with very high quality components.
Jun 21, 2012
333 posts
169 upvotes
Montreal
Too bad it's only BT at this price. I will wait for a deal on the Acton II to stream through wi-fi from my DLNA server.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11073 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
skanji wrote: I’ll be getting mine next week, but In my experience, using the Stanmore II in the last, the dials on this thing on the top are the most high feel you will have on any Bluetooth device. It feels like a piece of musician equipment with very high quality components.
Definitely - it looks retro, but resembles an amp, and feels solid.

Funny, even after a decade I still had an image of a sens flag in my mind, when I saw your name in the mobile app (which doesn't have avatars)...
smoisan wrote: Too bad it's only BT at this price. I will wait for a deal on the Acton II to stream through wi-fi from my DLNA server.
It comes with BT, RCA, and AUX - I have my AUX connection plugged into a cheap Amazon Echo, so I can use voice commands or stream directly to it.
- Absolute
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6085 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa
Absolute wrote: Funny, even after a decade I still had an image of a sens flag in my mind, when I saw your name in the mobile app (which doesn't have avatars)..
Awww thanks. Love RFD and some of us OGs still around!!!