Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Massage Gun Prime Price $99 from $159.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 9:35 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
SizzleChest wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/GeToo-Jigsaw-Mass ... 551&sr=8-6

Consider a jigsaw with the above massage adapter kit. Works just the same and you still can use it for cutting stuff. Downside is that the jigsaw is probably going to be louder and possibly more expensive depending on which one you buy.
Thanks, ordered these. Will see how it goes with my DeWalt 20v jigsaw. Lol
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2721 posts
1788 upvotes
Markham
Angultra wrote: Every review for that app is 1 star, certainly doesn't inspire confidence.
probably not.. i dont really care that much for the app as long as i get a few coupon codes here and there that i can use at amazon
Aug 31, 2018
577 posts
933 upvotes
what's the benefit of a brushless motor?
Oct 18, 2007
685 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
i have one of these thumpers at home but dont use it as much because its bulky. as well its not as effective for deep tissue massage. my friends have the massage guns so im giving it a try. i bought the. 119 with $40 coupon. also i wasnt charged tax for some reason.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07WZY ... prod_image
vittycent wrote: Anyone used both the Canadian-made Thumper vs a massage gun? How do they compare? I guess you could target specific muscle bodies better with a gun and deeper tissue?

https://www.costco.ca/massage-products- ... er%2522%7C
Images
  • Screenshot_20200825-000125_Firefox.jpg
Feb 2, 2011
480 posts
316 upvotes
New Westminster
For those that are buying the jigsaw and massage adapter route
Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

18V OCTANE Cordless Brushless Jig Saw (Tool Only)

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001311413

Lifetime replacement on tool and battery if registered within 90 days.

And numerous youtube DIY jigsaw theraguns review about using jigsaw

Buy the massage heads either ebay or Amazon
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3540576971

Google search - check out the reddit thread
https://www.google.com/search?q=diy+mas ... e&ie=UTF-8

Fyi Home Depot Rigid Free Battery/ Charger with Jigsaw Lifetime replacement must register within 90days $170
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by fsteiner on Aug 25th, 2020 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought a Theragun Liv off one of the Sport Chek and the one thing I will say is buyer beware on those Amazon and Aliexpress guns. I bought mine after trying some friends' and there is a significant difference. The Amazon/Ali guns felt like a gentle massage whereas my Theragun (as loud as it is) actually feels like it's doing work on my muscles. After a tough workout with delayed muscle soreness, using my Theragun hurt, just like it would rolling. The other guns I tried felt like a gentle massage. So without evidence, I will say that I truly believe that using the Theragun works as well as rolling after a workout to prevent soreness.
Removed external link in signature.
Nov 14, 2006
717 posts
236 upvotes
Calgary
I did a ton of research on these types of guns earlier in the year, and was even super close to pulling the trigger on the Theragun at Sport Chek at one point. However, in the end I opted for this same one off of Amazon and I'm really happy with my purchase. While there are a ton of weak Amazon knock-offs which provide little more than vibration, this one is definitely in the "percussive massage" category. The key metric to look for is the amplitude (how far the massage head moves/penetrates), and this one is on par with the theragun. I can't speak to the long term performance but it's been going on strong for around four months of regular use for me, and is a fantastic purchase for the price (even more so at $99!).
Nov 29, 2001
271 posts
75 upvotes
smrt123 wrote: I did a ton of research on these types of guns earlier in the year, and was even super close to pulling the trigger on the Theragun at Sport Chek at one point. However, in the end I opted for this same one off of Amazon and I'm really happy with my purchase. While there are a ton of weak Amazon knock-offs which provide little more than vibration, this one is definitely in the "percussive massage" category. The key metric to look for is the amplitude (how far the massage head moves/penetrates), and this one is on par with the theragun. I can't speak to the long term performance but it's been going on strong for around four months of regular use for me, and is a fantastic purchase for the price (even more so at $99!).
Hmm thanks for the info, I ended up ordering the one from costco yesterday instead for ease of return if it's not very good but it looks the the costco one has a amplitude rating of only 12mm with 80mm deep tissue, this one from amazon is an amplitude of 16mm with 80mm deep tissue.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes
Jackji wrote: Which one did you buy?
I got the taotronics one.

They are buying off positive reviews so I can't say how durable it is.

I haven't had it for a long time but its been amazing though.
Aug 25, 2004
117 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
I'm only seeing $20 coupon - $109.99 ==> Am I missing something?
Jun 13, 2017
217 posts
139 upvotes
Hey Guys,

So I received this product and I've been scammed - on the box it says 12mm amplitude and 30W brushless motor. I had high hopes for this but turns out it's another marketing ploy. See attached images. Whoever spent 100$ on this should do some more research and get a better value for money. This is unacceptable
Images
  • IMG_20200828_180419.jpg
  • IMG_20200828_180426.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2004
1107 posts
225 upvotes
Kanata
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm wondering if the box is wrong, though. I noticed this in their description on Amazon:
Toncur massage gun MG-021 is equipped with 45W brushless motor and 16mm amplitude. (Upgraded once, but the supplier did not update the boxes in time, which caused the situation of inconsistent parameter. Please rest assure that products before upgraded are no longer sold and we are trying to resolve it as soon as possible.)

So maybe that means that the device has the upgraded motor, but the box (and manual) have old information?
Jun 13, 2017
217 posts
139 upvotes
Talula wrote: Thanks for the heads-up. I'm wondering if the box is wrong, though. I noticed this in their description on Amazon:
Toncur massage gun MG-021 is equipped with 45W brushless motor and 16mm amplitude. (Upgraded once, but the supplier did not update the boxes in time, which caused the situation of inconsistent parameter. Please rest assure that products before upgraded are no longer sold and we are trying to resolve it as soon as possible.)

So maybe that means that the device has the upgraded motor, but the box (and manual) have old information?
Yes, they updated exactly when I reached out to them showing them pictures. They did not respond by saying the supplier box is wrong but they said check with another gun that's 16mm amplitude and you'll notice no difference. Kinda raised redflags about it. I cannot really tell if they're really 16mm and 45W but Amazon was helpful to give me a partial refund of 30 dollars.
Dec 1, 2006
215 posts
98 upvotes
Joseph333999 wrote: Yes, they updated exactly when I reached out to them showing them pictures. They did not respond by saying the supplier box is wrong but they said check with another gun that's 16mm amplitude and you'll notice no difference. Kinda raised redflags about it. I cannot really tell if they're really 16mm and 45W but Amazon was helpful to give me a partial refund of 30 dollars.
Can anyone else chime in on this? I can't seem to find on the OPs link where it says that the amplitude is 16mm on this gun, however a different vendor (at a higher price, is advertising a 16mm amplitude and 45W).

Did the OPs link originally advertise 16mm.... could this be older stock that is being unloaded?

TIA
Jun 13, 2017
217 posts
139 upvotes
freed1b wrote: Can anyone else chime in on this? I can't seem to find on the OPs link where it says that the amplitude is 16mm on this gun, however a different vendor (at a higher price, is advertising a 16mm amplitude and 45W).

Did the OPs link originally advertise 16mm.... could this be older stock that is being unloaded?

TIA
Yep, this OP's link showed 16mm and 45W but they changed it as soon as I showed them the details on the box. What's the link that shows 16mm amplitude? It's hard to trust sellers on Amazon - I should just save up for a theragun
Dec 1, 2006
215 posts
98 upvotes
Joseph333999 wrote: Yep, this OP's link showed 16mm and 45W but they changed it as soon as I showed them the details on the box. What's the link that shows 16mm amplitude? It's hard to trust sellers on Amazon - I should just save up for a theragun
I went back to the page i bookmarked and now says 12mm -

I found these two guns - same company claiming 16 or 15mm amplitude -lots of reviews (gonna check fakespot). However name of company Flyby -sounds sketchy. Also with respect to their 16mm product their own product images shows 15mm (could be from the older version- but who knows )

This one claims 16mm
https://www.amazon.ca/Accugun-Portable- ... hpc&sr=1-4

This one claims 15mm

https://www.amazon.ca/Powerful-Vibratio ... C4YXPMSA3A
May 17, 2007
930 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
Guys, nothing beats the real deal. My physiotherapist has the Hypervolt which is what the NBA players use on the bench. I brought it and compared it to the one from Costco, WHAT A JOKE! It had half the power of a real at max. I plan on stop buying these fake Chinese clone models. All we're doing is generating more waste. Get the real deal and it will last.
I'll be looking into a Theragun or a Hypervolt.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)