• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2020 6:43 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
8 posts
32 upvotes
Guelph

[Amazon.ca] Medela Pump in Style Breast Pump $229.97

It looks like there's a newer model (Medela Pump in Style "Maxflow") so the older Pump in Style pumps are marked down.

Price is showing as $229.97 on Amazon.ca and Walmart.ca.
15 replies
Feb 25, 2007
276 posts
140 upvotes
Thanks. Been on the lookout for Medela for my wife.
Oct 30, 2012
283 posts
576 upvotes
You can price match at babies r us and if you have a registry there you get an extra 15% off I think?

Medela's are the gold standard for pumps and my wife has one but she has basically stopped using it since getting a haakaa silcone manual pump for $20!
Sep 10, 2010
126 posts
98 upvotes
mrkdwd wrote: You can price match at babies r us and if you have a registry there you get an extra 15% off I think?

Medela's are the gold standard for pumps and my wife has one but she has basically stopped using it since getting a haakaa silcone manual pump for $20!
Prefers the manual?
Oct 30, 2012
283 posts
576 upvotes
Excel86 wrote: Prefers the manual?
Yeah, but it's not really "manual". It essentially suctions to one breast while you feed baby with the other, and then switch. Saves tons of time, less cleaning, you don't leak everywhere while feeding and it works remarkably well if you ask me!

She got this one: https://www.amazon.ca/Haakaa-Manual-Sil ... 81&sr=8-11
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3469 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
We ended up getting a crazy deal on the Freestyle Medela over the summer with the Shoppers bonus redemption event. Essentially we only paid like $150 with tax.

I know, I know, no time machine and it depends on your PC points.

But funny enough my wife doesn't even use the pump anymore. She's been nursing him on demand when he's hungry. The odd time she'll pump but maybe once every 2 weeks when baby is going through a growth spurt.

Everyone's situation will always be unique so do what you think works best for you. She has a Hakka pump too but doesn't use it either

Her advice would be to see a lactation consultant. They're usually free for 6 weeks (Ontario) or so and they were a tremendous help. We had no idea what we were doing the first 2 weeks and were topping up with formula but cut that out quickly after seeing the consultant.
Dec 4, 2007
33 posts
40 upvotes
It's a good pump. I got a lightly used one that I can sell for $100. Pick up in New Westminster, BC.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1145 posts
229 upvotes
Make sure you check your insurance. Mine covered $300 for breast pump back then when I had my first child. Just needed a written prescription from a Physician.
Jul 19, 2013
112 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
mrkdwd wrote: You can price match at babies r us and if you have a registry there you get an extra 15% off I think?

It's really difficult to price match Amazon since they won't do anything that has "prime" on it.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1783 posts
949 upvotes
Don't forget to check your benefits, you have coverage on breast pump.
May also need a Drs note as well.
Oct 30, 2012
283 posts
576 upvotes
mandm1209 wrote: It's really difficult to price match Amazon since they won't do anything that has "prime" on it.
I've been able to do it twice in the past couple of months. It even says on their website they won't price match Amazon but I had no issues at all!?
Jan 13, 2012
393 posts
414 upvotes
Vancouver
JL2002 wrote: Make sure you check your insurance. Mine covered $300 for breast pump back then when I had my first child. Just needed a written prescription from a Physician.
To expand, even if you don't, check ebay for brand new insurance issued ones. My wife got a dual model for less than $100 shipped. Even came with the owners insurance info lol.
Jul 19, 2013
112 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
mrkdwd wrote: I've been able to do it twice in the past couple of months. It even says on their website they won't price match Amazon but I had no issues at all!?
I’ve tried a few times and wasn’t able to. If the website says they won’t price match Amazon, then it’s probably YMMV that you had them matched.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2869 posts
761 upvotes
mrkdwd wrote: Yeah, but it's not really "manual". It essentially suctions to one breast while you feed baby with the other, and then switch. Saves tons of time, less cleaning, you don't leak everywhere while feeding and it works remarkably well if you ask me!

She got this one: https://www.amazon.ca/Haakaa-Manual-Sil ... 81&sr=8-11
Oh man, my wife bought this but ended up using the Medela way more. The manual pump is now a paper weight after one use. :S
Baaaaaaaaa!