Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Medela Pump In Style Double Electric Breast Pump $270.93 (lowest price)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2019 5:00 pm
[OP]
Oct 21, 2015
107 posts
422 upvotes
A113

[Amazon Canada] Medela Pump In Style Double Electric Breast Pump $270.93 (lowest price)

The Medela Pump In Style Double Electric Breast Pump is on-sale at Amazon. According to CCC, this is an all-time low. Have been watching the price for a few months. Regular price is $375 and Medela products are excluded from Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby coupons. Both styles of carrying bag on sale.

Backpack Style

Tote Bag Style

These are the cheapest Medela electric double breast pumps (as opposed to manual pumps). The next one up is the Freestyle model, also on sale for $357.63.
Adventure is out there!
20 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1745 posts
825 upvotes
Remember to call your health insurance if it is covered. Some times it may not be listed in pamplet but still covered
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2447 posts
431 upvotes
Ottawa
Worried about noise reviews and common failures. The 1 star reviews in Amazon.com seem worrisome.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3603 posts
250 upvotes
My wife has this. Still works now for the 2nd kid. It is a little noisy as its a pump. But like 20min pumping can get like 10-12oz.

I would never consider a manual pump. Save your wives the headache and just buy this
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2447 posts
431 upvotes
Ottawa
Electricute wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 7:13 pm
My wife has this. Still works now for the 2nd kid. It is a little noisy as its a pump. But like 20min pumping can get like 10-12oz.

I would never consider a manual pump. Save your wives the headache and just buy this
Have a hospital rental pump atm. It's the same brand, works well but 2k to buy because it apparently does the initial stimulation your body needs.

Have you had this pump, noise comparably to it?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1745 posts
825 upvotes
shylok wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 7:17 pm
Have a hospital rental pump atm. It's the same brand, works well but 2k to buy because it apparently does the initial stimulation your body needs.

This one also does initial stimulation. As long as you are not pumping in the same room as the baby, you won't wake them.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3603 posts
250 upvotes
shylok wrote:

i have nothing to compare it to. but it really isnt that loud.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4193 posts
1466 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
My wife found an Avent pump we bought for $100 to be more comfortable and effective (volume produced wise) than either of the $1000+ Medela pumps we used (in-hospital and a rental).

It’s worth considering.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2447 posts
431 upvotes
Ottawa
Russell wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 8:29 pm
My wife found an Avent pump we bought for $100 to be more comfortable and effective (volume produced wise) than either of the $1000+ Medela pumps we used (in-hospital and a rental).

It’s worth considering.
Double avent ones seem to be 400~ range no?
Oct 6, 2010
224 posts
215 upvotes
Markham
Thanks op! Been waiting for a sale on the freestyle one so I don't have to pay as much out of pocket after insurance. My OB recommended Medela.
Jul 19, 2013
53 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
shylok wrote:

I’ve used the hospital one and have the pump in style. I don’t think there’s a difference in noise level. In fact, I don’t think there were any difference in performance either. Have used it for 2 kids and still good.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4193 posts
1466 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
shylok wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 8:36 pm
Double avent ones seem to be 400~ range no?
Nope

$200ish

We bought ours on sale. Just north of $100. I’ve seen them selling at that price often, one of those periodic but predictable sales.
Jul 23, 2011
280 posts
158 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Bought this pump after renting a hospital one for a month. My insurance didn't cover the $60 monthly rental so I looked into various electric pumps. Ended up bying the backpack one.
This pump is awesome! Used it every day for 9 months.
I pumped exclusively after trying unsuccessful to breast feed twins.
At the time I found the Gerber bottles worked with this pump. Way cheaper than the medela bottles.
Jan 24, 2010
193 posts
129 upvotes
Canada
We were also in need of breast pump after renting out the Medela one from PHARAMSAVE for $100/month. We rented it for 2 months but figured it be cheaper if we just bought a pump instead.

After doing a little bit of research we ended up ordering "Lansinoh Signature Pro Double Electric Pump" it sells for $159.99 in Canada,

However, I was able to place an order on AMAZON.COM ($61.99 USD) and my grand total was $115 after shipping & import fees

Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Signature-Lansin ... ctric+Pump

It should be arriving by next Friday, even though (Medela Pump In Style Double Electric Breast Pump) at $270 sounds like a better deal but it is nearly $300 after taxes

Just thought I pitch my 2 cents in if anyone is still looking to buy one of these pumps