3671 posts
4330 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Mega Construx Pokemon Kanto Partners $10

11 replies
Dec 16, 2020
10 posts
7 upvotes
Lol this has to be the worst pokemon product on the market, like why would you contract this kind of thing to to a no name company instead of lego??
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4766 posts
2018 upvotes
xtremeguy wrote: Lol this has to be the worst pokemon product on the market, like why would you contract this kind of thing to to a no name company instead of lego??
My daughter loves these things. If it was Lego it would be a deal at $50
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Apr 24, 2014
56 posts
78 upvotes
Sydney
Oh neat! These go for $8 a pop solo so this is good deal
Jan 28, 2013
604 posts
842 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
xtremeguy wrote: Lol this has to be the worst pokemon product on the market, like why would you contract this kind of thing to to a no name company instead of lego??
I think Mega Construx is owned by Mega Bloks, which is a Canadian company. It's not a no name company tbh. Growing up, the only two building block brands I know are basically LEGO, and MEGA.
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1220 posts
2468 upvotes
Mega Blox is no name? Wut? I have Mega Blox from decades ago.
Sep 25, 2018
718 posts
1337 upvotes
Kids don't usually care about brands as much as adults. All they care is how fun the toy is.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2276 posts
203 upvotes
AlicW93740 wrote: Kids don't usually care about brands as much as adults. All they care is how fun the toy is.
Oct 15, 2019
49 posts
78 upvotes
I've bought these for a DIY lego advent calendar last year as it really made it easy to split it up and give out a build a day.
Definitely worth it for 10 - that's 5 sets for 2 each - dollarama prices essentially.
The piece quality is not as good as lego and they have these weird pieces that make the animals look more real but they don't really work anywhere else.
My kids - who love pokemon - played with it for the day, left it on the shelf and went back to their kiddie pool full of lego. They still play with the pokeball though.