Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Melissa & Doug Railway Set 130 PC $45 (70% off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2019 1:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2003
1711 posts
307 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Melissa & Doug Railway Set 130 PC $45 (70% off)

Melissa & Doug 130 piece railway set, regular $150, on sale for $45. This deal was previously available on clearance at The Bay online, but sold out quickly.

https://www.amazon.ca/Melissa-Doug-Delu ... 002BH3KM0/

Lowest previous Amazon price was $65 in late 2017.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3709 posts
3721 upvotes
Alberta
This is a great set that my son used when he was younger. Compatible with the Thomas wooden trains and accessories.
Mar 16, 2009
171 posts
90 upvotes
Halifax
Thanks OP! My son is only 2 this August, but I will get this and hold onto it for a while :) Great set for a great price!
Sep 15, 2015
675 posts
491 upvotes
Mooooonnn
I am seeing $99. I guess I am late?
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Mar 16, 2008
41 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! This was on our list of expensive toys that we wanted to buy. No brainer decision now.
Aug 29, 2011
114 posts
56 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
$99 for me as well. Looks like deal is dead
Apr 2, 2011
82 posts
130 upvotes
Smiths Falls
Tried to add it to cart and jump to 99 yet still showed 44. Now shows 99 . Typical amazon.
Mar 12, 2009
203 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Yes deal is dead. That was short-lived deal. Only last couple of hours at most.
Jul 23, 2007
276 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
klamyo wrote: How does this compare to the Thomas Superstation trainset?

I didn't want to buy 2 trainset although the melissa doug one is wooden.
I love the Thomas set (I mean, my son loves the Thomas set...). The Thomas one is battery powered which is neat
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3156 posts
671 upvotes
klamyo wrote: How does this compare to the Thomas Superstation trainset?

I didn't want to buy 2 trainset although the melissa doug one is wooden.
Fyi the Thomas train set went down to around $40 shortly after Christmas. We have it and its great, you can customize the tracks to however you like, however, the base is pretty much stationary once you put it together as they are snapped on and very hard to take apart to store away.
Apr 29, 2011
43 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
I thought for a minute this is Doug Ford's newly designed Toronto Railway!
Sep 15, 2015
675 posts
491 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Noob1ee wrote: Fyi the Thomas train set went down to around $40 shortly after Christmas. We have it and its great, you can customize the tracks to however you like, however, the base is pretty much stationary once you put it together as they are snapped on and very hard to take apart to store away.
I got it during that time as well haven’t open it yet, waiting to give it to my son as Birthday gift. Thanks for the information. Looking forward to play it with my boys.

I still remember I first got it for $55 then returned and rebought for $35 ish as amazon refuse to price match and asked me to return and rebuy. Funny thing that I saw an exact same box at post office as someone returned for same reason. Amazon’s policy seems pretty stupid sometimes.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!