• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2020 3:38 pm
[OP]
Oct 27, 2014
553 posts
1051 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Melissa & Doug Take-Along Town Kids Play Surface $28 all time low

All time low on amazon. Seems like a good toy for toddlers.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3078 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
Love it. Thanks ordered.
Jan 6, 2011
190 posts
256 upvotes
toronto
in for one as well, thanks op
Mar 7, 2011
675 posts
472 upvotes
Winnipeg
I used to be a huge fan of Melissa and Doug toys and items, and have quite a few of their products. BUT apparently they are ALL made in China and some have been found to be contaminated with heavy metals. This was before the COVID stuff. I will never be buying anything from China unless its absolutely necessary or have no other option.

I have read this on multiple places, will link 1 :

https://gimmethegoodstuff.org/safe-toy-guide/

Melissa and Doug is listed under the sneaky stuff on that site about 3/4 the way down:

"The Sneaky Stuff

Melissa & DougMelissa & Doug_Gimme the Good Stuff is sold absolutely everywhere, and my kids have a lot of their toys. Unfortunately, Melissa & Doug toys are all made in China, and some of them have been found to be contaminated with heavy metals."

BE SAFE, especially with kids.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2200 posts
1503 upvotes
Indigo has had this price for awhile, Amazon has just been price matching it.

There is a 10% off over $50 coupon floating around (just Google it) and also ebates from indigo.

I would just buy from indigo.

the link here...

Edit: also stack with ampli promo should net you extra $5 savings + 1%
Oct 24, 2010
362 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
slimysnot wrote: Indigo has had this price for awhile, Amazon has just been price matching it.

There is a 10% off over $50 coupon floating around (just Google it) and also ebates from indigo.

I would just buy from indigo.

the link here...

Edit: also stack with ampli promo should net you extra $5 savings + 1%
Ampli has a promo "earn a $5 bonus on top of the existing cash back" from these partners and Indigo is one of them. so add $5 to above

which nets: $5 (ampli)+ 10% off over $50($5 off over $50-indigo promo) + 1% (ebates)
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2001
1078 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
markymark01 wrote: Ampli has a promo "earn a $5 bonus on top of the existing cash back" from these partners and Indigo is one of them. so add $5 to above

which nets: $5 (ampli)+ 10% off over $50($5 off over $50-indigo promo) + 1% (ebates)
I don't have ampli so don't know how it works, but I don't think you can stack mulitiple cashback apps like ampli and ebates? the second referral link would cancel the first one, no?
Oct 24, 2010
362 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
bobaroo wrote: I don't have ampli so don't know how it works, but I don't think you can stack mulitiple cashback apps like ampli and ebates? the second referral link would cancel the first one, no?
Ebates tracks your purchases via tracking link they send out from their site.
With Ampli, you need to link your transaction cards(credit cards, debit etc) then they track at the point of purchase on those cards.
So you can use these two together.

Ampli is owned by RBC and I think they have a sign up promo of $5-10. I'm sure you can google.

I hope this helps.