Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Meross spring deals

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 6:43 pm
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 25, 2010
257 posts
268 upvotes
Newmarket

[Amazon.ca] Meross spring deals

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079L1RSF7 $26.80 discount $8.20
meross WiFi Smart Outdoor Plug with 2 Grounded Outlets, Plug-in Heavy Duty Outlet, Remote Control, Timer, Waterproof, Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT, FCC Certified
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07KP7SBC2 $55.24 discount $9.76
meross Smart Dimmer Light Switch, for Dimmable LED, Halogen, Incandescent Bulbs, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT, Single-Pole, Neutral Wire Required No Hub Needed (2 Pack)
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0798N4BTP $15.99 discount $10
meross Smart Wi-Fi Plug Energy Monitoring, App Remote Control and Voice Control Devices, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT and SmartThings, No Hub Required(1 Pack)
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07QQLSK4N $27.19 discount $8.80
meross Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb, Multiple Colors, RGB, 810 Lumens 60W Equivalent, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT, E26 A19 Light Bulb, No Hub Required - Upgrade Versions (2 Pack)
17 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4823 posts
1452 upvotes
i wonder why they stopped selling their garage door opener, i want a 2nd one...
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1203 posts
146 upvotes
Brampton
BenK wrote: i wonder why they stopped selling their garage door opener, i want a 2nd one...
Sorry for going a bit off topic. I like my garage door opener too, but it seems the Google Home voice control has stopped for me and it just works with the app. Is yours working with an assistance device currently? I'm wondering if there is something I need to do or if Google Home support via voice control has been dropped.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 18, 2005
545 posts
90 upvotes
Thornhill
venice_it wrote: Sorry for going a bit off topic. I like my garage door opener too, but it seems the Google Home voice control has stopped for me and it just works with the app. Is yours working with an assistance device currently? I'm wondering if there is something I need to do or if Google Home support via voice control has been dropped.
+1 same with me. I get "Smart AC not available" Not sure what changed
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1726 posts
586 upvotes
BC
I'm done with Meross. Bought a couple of the power bar with 3 outlets and USB ports and it sucks. If my AP reboots for firmware upgrade or power outage, the power bar doesn't reconnect unless power cycling the bar, turning off the plugged in devices (which sucks when satellite receiver takes 15 minutes to boot, download guide and display video). Have one appear to reset to defaults and needed to go through wizard to add back to talk to it.

Went back to using individual plugs/outlets for control. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4823 posts
1452 upvotes
venice_it wrote: Sorry for going a bit off topic. I like my garage door opener too, but it seems the Google Home voice control has stopped for me and it just works with the app. Is yours working with an assistance device currently? I'm wondering if there is something I need to do or if Google Home support via voice control has been dropped.
an2one wrote: +1 same with me. I get "Smart AC not available" Not sure what changed
still works for me.
Newbie
Jan 13, 2018
44 posts
18 upvotes
Installed the refoss garage door openers, and works through Meross app. However, have not been able to set up smart Meross skill on Alexa. Any pointers? Btw, Meross app iOS widget works well, not a single missed notification nor any mis-notification.
Banned
Feb 6, 2020
44 posts
4 upvotes
I've had this installed for many weeks now, it works flawlessly with Alexa, you can control the plug as a unit or individually making it easy to do what you want with it.
Newbie
Sep 20, 2016
18 posts
10 upvotes
My meross Smart light bulb opened during the night and couldn't turn it off with their Android app (unknown error 1300) or Google assistant. Had to turn off the hard way...
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4823 posts
1452 upvotes
Clingon wrote: Installed the refoss garage door openers, and works through Meross app. However, have not been able to set up smart Meross skill on Alexa. Any pointers? Btw, Meross app iOS widget works well, not a single missed notification nor any mis-notification.
cool, good to know.
Jr. Member
Mar 12, 2002
165 posts
18 upvotes
Olds
Timbo420 wrote: I'm done with Meross. Bought a couple of the power bar with 3 outlets and USB ports and it sucks. If my AP reboots for firmware upgrade or power outage, the power bar doesn't reconnect unless power cycling the bar, turning off the plugged in devices (which sucks when satellite receiver takes 15 minutes to boot, download guide and display video). Have one appear to reset to defaults and needed to go through wizard to add back to talk to it.

Went back to using individual plugs/outlets for control. Ain't nobody got time for that.
I've found that all my Meross V1 switches all reset and have to go through the setup process again which is annoying... My v2 switches have all been connected for months and months now without any trouble so if you were to get meross again, make sure you get v2.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 24, 2002
2958 posts
618 upvotes
BC
Received my Meross smart plug and it’s total garbage. I tried to pair it around 7 times on several routers, but always fails at the last step. Worst than that, it came used!

My older Meross products still work fine.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 25, 2010
257 posts
268 upvotes
Newmarket
I'll had a smart plug for several years without any problems...

Top