• Jan 9th, 2021 9:07 pm
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
448 posts
364 upvotes
Ontario

[Amazon.ca] Metallica - Ride the Lightning Deluxe Box Set $134.99

Hi Everyone,

This has been the price for a week now, but figured I would post for anyone who might be interested.

This is a limited edition (30k pressed) set for Ride the Lightning. Goes for $150 USD from Metallica, but they are out of stock and nearly for good (they haven't had stock for months now). You actually can't find any copies in the US, so most are going for well above $200 (discogs/ebay etc).

Pretty awesome box set if you are a Metallica fan and a definite collectible as these vinyl sets, especially limited releases, generally appreciate quite well.

I would say a very good price on this set. I have it and the Justice for All Box and they is an incredible amount of content included.

Merry Christmas!
43 replies
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
448 posts
364 upvotes
Ontario
Just went to in stock Dec 29th, to January 25th. Just FYI.

Like I said, there cannot be that many more being made, since they do cap them at 30k (hologram numbering on Box)..
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
448 posts
364 upvotes
Ontario
Must be getting bought, as stock is now pushed back to Feb 15th.

(I know if I don't put these disclaimers, the nitpicking fraction of RFD will be hollering about info in title... Font sizes... microscopic images of the hologram to ensure authentic!)
Nov 30, 2006
734 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered a week ago and it arrived in a few days later despite showing a January arrival date.

Just need to find a deal on the Kill 'Em All box!
Oct 10, 2019
282 posts
255 upvotes
Poorman12 wrote: Upvote for anything Metallica! :twisted:
Hahahahaha Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I saw Metallica in a small club in Montreal as the opening act for W.A.S.P.

Astonished Face x 1000
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
448 posts
364 upvotes
Ontario
FrankDracman wrote: Hahahahaha Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I saw Metallica in a small club in Montreal as the opening act for W.A.S.P.

Astonished Face x 1000
Jesus... What year?

I'm incredibly jealous hah!
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
448 posts
364 upvotes
Ontario
Gedge wrote: I ordered a week ago and it arrived in a few days later despite showing a January arrival date.

Just need to find a deal on the Kill 'Em All box!
They aren't still printing those, are they? I haven't seen posted anywhere in a while.

Discogs would probably be your best bet if you watch it diligently.
Nov 18, 2014
356 posts
406 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Lol with the people spending $135 on a an almost 40 year old album just because its VINYL.

Just like people drooling over $1000 "Atmos" soundbars just because they are small and don't have wires
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2121 posts
1533 upvotes
Like Metallica, I want this on vinyl too, but I think I rather get the normal vinyl over this expensive box set. Don't like Metallica that much lol
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Oct 10, 2019
282 posts
255 upvotes
Stive85 wrote: Jesus... What year?

What year. Not sure if it was as early as Kill 'Em All, was probably in support of Ride the Lightning.

You should have seen the crowd after they left the stage... 100s of people just standing around mouths agape... they destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
448 posts
364 upvotes
Ontario
FearlessSaver wrote: Lol with the people spending $135 on a an almost 40 year old album just because its VINYL.

Just like people drooling over $1000 "Atmos" soundbars just because they are small and don't have wires
First, it's not just the single vinyl LP... In fact, most of the contents in the box set are NOT on vinyl...

I think you could make that comment about literally anything people buy/collect/have as hobbies.... Watches, cars, video games, coins, instruments and the list goes on and on..

I'm sure you are the epitome of cautious, essential buying and fiscal responsibility. Winking Face
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
448 posts
364 upvotes
Ontario
LoANeal wrote: Like Metallica, I want this on vinyl too, but I think I rather get the normal vinyl over this expensive box set. Don't like Metallica that much lol
To each his own.

Just FYI, this vinyl's latest release often goes to the low $20's on amazon.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
448 posts
364 upvotes
Ontario
FrankDracman wrote: What year. Not sure if it was as early as Kill 'Em All, was probably in support of Ride the Lightning.

You should have seen the crowd after they left the stage... 100s of people just standing around mouths agape... they destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah man that's awesome! What a memory that would be.
Nov 30, 2006
734 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
FearlessSaver wrote: Lol with the people spending $135 on a an almost 40 year old album just because its VINYL.

It's a multi-disc set with 4 LPS, 6 CDs, a DVD and a book. The four boxes that have been released in this series so far are great value for money as box sets go, but they are not intended for the casual fan. They are a deep dive into the eras in which each album was recorded (and do an excellent job of it IMO).
Oct 10, 2019
282 posts
255 upvotes
Stive85 wrote: Ah man that's awesome! What a memory that would be.
Yeah, looking back, it is an insane memory. You gotta remember, this new era of thrash, Exodus, Metallica, et al, people hadn't seen this level of insanity before, it was like a bomb going off. I mean, at this time, people thought Poison were a heavy metal band.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14569 posts
8976 upvotes
Toronto
IMO, best Metallica album ever. I hate rating the 4, but RTL, AJFA, MOP and KEA.

I used Creeping Death for my grade 9 religion assignment. Class and teacher were impressed!
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 10, 2019
282 posts
255 upvotes
Stive85 wrote: Jesus... What year?

Yeah, this happened to me a few times. Years ago also, I was on a road trip through the States and we were in Houston, and there was a crowd of kids hanging around this small club and we went over and said what's up and they said "This LA band called Jane's Addiction is playing tonight." :-)
Aug 16, 2009
562 posts
451 upvotes
FrankDracman wrote: What year. Not sure if it was as early as Kill 'Em All, was probably in support of Ride the Lightning.

1985 and was Ride The Lightning. Metallica, Wasp, Armored Saint at Le Spectrum.
Saw the same show in Ottawa.

As far as I know The Kill 'Em all tour in 1983 never came to Canada.
I was supposed to go see it in Rochester with my cousin but I was only 11 and my parents said, "hell no" lol.
Did get to see Ride The Lightning, Masters, And Justice, etc. Was in Montreal when the accident happened. Was crazy.
Last edited by Dandada on Dec 23rd, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.