Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Method Dish Soap (18 oz x 6) $4.49

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2019 9:31 am
Sep 28, 2018
54 posts
143 upvotes
Etobicoke
My order was cancelled with no notice from Amazon. I opened up online chat and had a fun little convo with an Amazon rep and his supervisor, and expressed my concern that nobody reached out to me to revise my order, order something else, or whatever. They seemed more focused on the fact it was a pricing error and there was nothing they could do. My favourite lines were:

Service Rep: I do understand your concern. Please accept my sincere apologies with this issue. I’m sorry to hear that you are not happy with this feature. I will forward your feedback to the dedicated department, and it will be used for future improvements.

Supervisor: I’m sorry to hear that you are not happy with this. I will forward your feedback to the dedicated department, and it will be used for future improvements.

Talk about reading off a script! Actually makes me wonder if these were just bots. Would be pretty easy to program a bot to deal with Soapgate. "Sorry, you get nothing, but we value you and your money. Mostly your money. But also you. And your money. Also, we're improving so as to better serve you(r money)."

I too left a negative feedback after the chat, explaining that they hadn't adressed my actual complaint -- no attempt made to help me place an actual soap order! -- and that it felt like they were just trying to brush me off and make me go away. To be clear, I was nothing but polite and good humoured about the whole thing.

Got prompted to do the callback thing with Amazon. Spoke with a rep who reviewed the chat. She was very nice, apologized for the confusion, and promptly issued me a credit for $32.01 so I could order a case of 6 at full price and get the soap I'd expected to receive -- different scent, of course, as the grapefruit is obviously sold out. For those who care about such things, I went with Orange Ginger. Zesty!

So I'm happy that in the end I get my soap, though it took some tire kicking to make it happen. Hopefully this goes towards actual, actioned improvements in the chain of customer service regarding cancelled/changed orders, so that it's not just an empty promise of "future improvements".

Anyway, it's been fun :)
Dec 8, 2013
783 posts
727 upvotes
British Columbia
#soapgate continues

I got them to replace 1 order of 6 count dish soap with the lime + sea salt scent. Got it today and only 1 bottle arrived.... they secretly changed the "size" to now say pack of 3 instead even though the title and price per count still says 6... not even sure what to do at this point. They processed a "replacement" order but I am not going to be surprised if only another 1 bottle arrive...
Customer of:
Rogers/Red Wireless and Fizz Mobile
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
booruce wrote: #soapgate continues

I got them to replace 1 order of 6 count dish soap with the lime + sea salt scent. Got it today and only 1 bottle arrived.... they secretly changed the "size" to now say pack of 3 instead even though the title and price per count still says 6... not even sure what to do at this point. They processed a "replacement" order but I am not going to be surprised if only another 1 bottle arrive...
It's the Soap opera .... "The RFD'ers are Restless!" :D
Mar 15, 2019
1 posts
called and was told to order another scent and the difference will be refunded.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10492 posts
7625 upvotes
ON
I got 5$. Didn't want to spend any time complaining and left it at that since I didn't really need the soap anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1096 posts
2400 upvotes
lel
Alright, got my dish soap and my refund... 24 bottles for $20.
:D
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2541 posts
2315 upvotes
Pickering
^ Awesome

I too got my dish soap, today. 18 bottles for 15.25$.

Also, the transcript from speaking with the last Customer Representative to ensure the refund

Amazon Your AccountAmazon.ca
Message From Customer Service
Hello,
Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

Initial Question: Hello, I made a purchase with Method dish soap and after 4 weeks they cancelled because of a pricing error. However, I spoke to a Customer Service representative march 9th (Ramluahmawia) and was told they'd adjust the price to the initial order, after my product was delivered

04:04 PM PDT Venkat(Amazon): Hello, my name is Venkat. I'm here to help you today.
Thank you for being a Prime member.
I'm sorry to hear about the problem you had with item
I can surely help you with the price difference refund
04:05 PM PDT Venkat: Could you confirm the order number, please?

04:05 PM PDT Richie: Thank you
**order number**
04:05 PM PDT Venkat: Just to be sure, May I know the exact amount that needs to be refunded for you
04:07 PM PDT Richie: So, my total purchase of the order for 18 bottles was 49.52. My initial order was 15.25$ for the same amount. So the refunded amount would be 34.27
04:07 PM PDT Venkat: Thanks for the confirmation
As an alternative to your original payment method, you can receive your refund on Amazon Gift Card to expedite your funds availability. Which method would you prefer?
04:07 PM PDT Richie: I'd like to choose the Gift Card, please
04:08 PM PDT Venkat: Thanks for the confirmation
I've requested a full of $34.27 to the Gift card on the order. The refund will be processed in the next 3-5 hours; we'll send you an e-mail when the refund is processed.
04:09 PM PDT Richie: I absolute appreciate that, thank you
04:09 PM PDT Venkat: Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Would you like me to do anything else for you?

04:09 PM PDT Richie: No, that would be all. Venkat, you were tremendous help. Pleasure chatting with you.
04:09 PM PDT Venkat: It was my pleasure assisting valuable customer like you.
Take care :-)
Please click on the "End Chat" to close this window.
Images
  • soap2.jpg
  • soap3.jpg
  • soap1.jpg
  • soap4.jpg
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $75/60GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $40/20GB + $40/50GB/BYOD
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4669 posts
752 upvotes
Scarborough
well that was useless....

Hello,
Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:
Initial Question: Credit or replacement for cancelled method soap
09:21 AM PDT Kethsi(Amazon): Hello, my name is Kethsi. I'm here to help you today.
09:22 AM PDT Kethsi: I'm sorry we're unable to issue any credit or replacement order for this.
I request you to place a new order.
Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
09:22 AM PDT Julian Trinidad: The item is no longer available
09:23 AM PDT Julian Trinidad: Same item, different scent are significantly pricier
09:23 AM PDT Kethsi: In this case, I request you to place the order once the item is available, Julian.

I request you to keep on checking our website.
09:25 AM PDT Julian Trinidad: Credits were originally given when first cancelled, why not now? I have only been able to attend to this now
09:26 AM PDT Kethsi: I checked with my supervisor and see that we're unable to issue any credit regarding this, Julian.
09:28 AM PDT Kethsi: If you'd still like to get the item, I'll followup with this item and let you know once the item is available.
09:28 AM PDT Julian Trinidad: That is all
09:28 AM PDT Kethsi: Thank you for contacting Amazon. Please click on the "End Chat" to close this window.
09:29 AM PDT Kethsi: Please click on the "End Chat" to close this window.
09:31 AM PDT Kethsi: .

Thank you.
Amazon.ca
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
pnyknights wrote: well that was useless....
Yeah, but that been said Julian ...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
marc_t wrote: It’s not just dish soap dude.
It’s about making things right.
The principles of commerce.

Quebec actually has consumer-protection laws to address exactly these situations.
The indians rep have no idea the law of QC so are their supervisors from other areas lol
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
May 21, 2019
5 posts
3 upvotes
I don't know how everyone managed to fight to get such a credit. I was on the phone almost immediately after my order was cancelled on me the first time this happened and I had to fight them to go from $5 to $10. I didn't receive any opportunity at getting any product despite that being what I really wanted.

Then to rub salt in the wounds, they did it again!! On May 20, 2019 I noticed that a similar 6-pack of Method Dish soap was on sale for a price of $3.99, but this time for the Lime and Sea-Salt scent. Imagine my surprise (sarcasm) when they cancelled yet another one of these orders. They never seem to have a clue over why this happens. First they tried to play it off as a quantity error, then they corrected themselves to saying it was a pricing error, and the way they read it sounded exactly like they were reading a script. I wanted some answers how this could happen again so shortly after the last time and why is Method Soap such a target? Why can't they give me a straight answer here? Anyone else have an ideas why these 6-counts keep going for so cheap, and are being sold through Amazon.ca, and then they renege pretending like the offer shouldn't have happened? I wouldn't be surprised if it happens with a different scent down the road. I had to fight to get $10 this time despite me bringing up the fact that most other major chains will own up to their mistakes, but Amazon can continue to just decide when it doesn't like the price of an item and the customer is left dealing with the frustration.

Order
Placed on Monday, May 20, 2019
2 x Method Products Inc. Dish Soaps Lime Sea Salt, Pump, 6 Count
Health and Beauty
Sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
CDN$ 3.99
Item Subtotal: CDN$ 7.98
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Estimated Tax (GST/HST): CDN$ 0.40
Estimated Tax (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.64
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
DJMakcim wrote: I don't know how everyone managed to fight to get such a credit. I was on the phone almost immediately after my order was cancelled on me the first time this happened and I had to fight them to go from $5 to $10. I didn't receive any opportunity at getting any product despite that being what I really wanted.
It is kind of random depending of the rep you get.
Those reps basically sees what you are seeing on your order page.
And often don't see the actual reason why the order is cancelled.
This is why they often give you a dummy reason why the order was cancelled.
And also why sometimes you are told to pass the order again and that you WILL actually receive the right quantity on that second order.

It is a hit or miss.
When you get a credit, just be happy.
If not, well, better luck next time.

;-)