Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Method hand soap refill (6 pack) $25

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2021 10:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2616 posts
2560 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Dollarama has Method Hand Soap Refill at $4 each, it's a buck cheaper, and no need to buy 6 in once
only see green apple scent available though
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3198 posts
2844 upvotes
Cambridge
t_mo_t wrote: Sonuvagun! My life has been a lie!! Why the heck did i buy foaming hand wash then!! Lol omg... Ok imma try this
While this might work a bit, I believe the pump itself is different for the foaming ones.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11225 posts
21549 upvotes
razrsharp wrote:
Just dilute this with water until you get the same consistency.
t_mo_t wrote: Sonuvagun! My life has been a lie!! Why the heck did i buy foaming hand wash then!! Lol omg... Ok imma try this
Usually it's a 4-to-1 ratio, so recycling a fancy BBW soap pump, I would mix 200ml water with 50ml soap (usually I go a little more than 50ml)

Slowly stir the water/soap mixture until well blended trying not to create too many bubbles or foam, then pour into your "foaming pump" of choice!

Recently, I've been doing this with Lemon scented Dawn, so it's a multipurpose hand or quick rinse soap for when there's something not really dirty that I don't want to throw in the dishwasher.
orbitdesign wrote: While this might work a bit, I believe the pump itself is different for the foaming ones.
That is correct.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4235 posts
3935 upvotes
East GTA
MrMello wrote: Not sure what you mean, but I think I'm scared to ask. LOL

All kidding aside, I think this is better than what Bath and Body works soap sells which leaves your hands dry.
Last edited by MrDisco on Aug 23rd, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2629 posts
2874 upvotes
Oakville
Anyone remember the price and size of the Costco softsoap liquid soap refills when they're on sale? I think it's around $10-11 for 2x1.8L (which works out to around $3/l if my prices/sizes are correct).
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1603 posts
3639 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: Usually it's a 4-to-1 ratio, so recycling a fancy BBW soap pump, I would mix 200ml water with 50ml soap (usually I go a little more than 50ml)

Slowly stir the water/soap mixture until well blended trying not to create too many bubbles or foam, then pour into your "foaming pump" of choice!

Recently, I've been doing this with Lemon scented Dawn, so it's a multipurpose hand or quick rinse soap for when there's something not really dirty that I don't want to throw in the dishwasher.

That is correct.
This needs to be pinned as a life hack
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3542 posts
2695 upvotes

Cause it's fairly time consuming to slowly blend the soap/water without getting too many bubbles - what IDstorms wrote. Still if you are a true RFDer, you just got 4x the amount of soap you were paying for before.
Dec 6, 2012
252 posts
73 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: Usually it's a 4-to-1 ratio, so recycling a fancy BBW soap pump, I would mix 200ml water with 50ml soap (usually I go a little more than 50ml)

I use 2:1 for most soaps, makes for a nicer foam imho.

I fill a foaming pump slightly less than half way with soap, top it up with tap water (leaving room for the foaming mechanism, which is quite big), screw the pump back in and give it a good shake. Useable right away, no additional container required.
Jan 27, 2009
773 posts
881 upvotes
Edmonton
Which is the better favor grapefruit or green tea?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3096 posts
2629 upvotes
GTA Ontario
MrMello wrote: Wife is a big fan of Bath and Body Work. Is it as good as BBW?
It depends on what you're looking for. Neither one is actually soap; they're detergents, based on surfactants. Both will dry and irritate your skin to some extent.
According to a site that studies and rated ingredients, B&BW is worse than Method. But then, method is mostly SLS and CAPB, both of which tend to make rashes last longer if you have a bit of eczema or similar skin issue:
sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS): "A detergent used in cosmetics, is a skin, eye and respiratory tract irritant and toxic to aquatic organisms."
cocamidopropyl betaine (CAPB): "If your skin is sensitive to products that contain CAPB, you may notice tightness, redness, or itchiness after you use the product. This kind of reaction is known as contact dermatitis. If the dermatitis is severe, you may have blisters or sores where the product came into contact with your skin." (Soap products don't contain enough to be that severe, so usually all it does is make skin drier and rashes worse.)
Method example: https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/products/8 ... _Waterfall_/
B&BB example: https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/products/8 ... y_Blossom/

If you or someone in your household does have a skin issue and sometimes uses a prescription cream for it, you'll probably find that switching to real soap (like Dr. Bronners, Mountain Sky, etc. - look for "real liquid hand soap" or "castile soap") will cause less irritation and dryness and less prescription cream usage. A bit of skin cream like Aveeno might be all you usually need.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3096 posts
2629 upvotes
GTA Ontario
redkulat wrote: How does this compare to Live Clean?
Depending on which one, Live Clean is slightly better or slightly worse, from a skin-irritating chemical point of view, anyway:
https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/products/9 ... lly_Berry/
https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/products/9 ... Hand_Soap/

(And see my notes in posts #34)
Last edited by OakAged on Aug 23rd, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1443 posts
1085 upvotes
Whitby
MrMello wrote: Wife is a big fan of Bath and Body Work. Is it as good as BBW?
My wife hates the Grapefruit smell, bought it when it was on sale last time. Started using it only this week and she has been cursing me whenever she uses it. Lol..
[external link removed]
Jun 11, 2007
137 posts
57 upvotes
Edmonton
razrsharp wrote:
Just dilute this with water until you get the same consistency.
I mixed 1 part soap gel and 3 part water in a foam dispenser and it was perfect for us.
Nov 25, 2014
712 posts
808 upvotes
redondo2017 wrote: What's the difference between dial and method?
Your wallet. Get the cheapest hand soap you can buy, use the savings for hand moisturizer.

The only bottled cleaner you should worry about is what goes on your hair and face.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3203 posts
883 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
cho1104 wrote: Which is the better favor grapefruit or green tea?
There’s no best flavour because it’s based purely on preferences
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac