Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Method hand soap refill (6 pack) $25

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2021 10:18 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 10, 2018
147 posts
142 upvotes
And just in time for a discount on the 2 x 2.36L of Softsoap @ Costco this week for $8.69! Time to stock up.

I have 3 simplehuman touchless dispensers for this particular handsoap and I've had zero issues. I
Oct 24, 2010
443 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
I swear, every time these items that have gone ooo for months throughout covid goes on sale, I just keep buying them even though I already have them, but thinking I just don't have 'enough' of them..

why I like these: biodegradable, plant based, doesn't clog the auto soap dispensers like other brands and most importantly, it doesn't dry out your hands.
Oct 20, 2019
841 posts
1702 upvotes
Ottawa
sarsshadow wrote: Try making the foaming soap with costco softsoap, best value. been doing it for years.
I buy the white Costco soap and I've been using it for quite some time. It works but it doesn't mix well. I have to shake it every now and then. Do you face the same issue as well?
Aug 13, 2008
461 posts
57 upvotes
Pls advise : are refills same quality and consistencty as the product in origina lbottles?
(my experience with dish soap is opposite: I bought method foaming soap dispensing bottles, and corresponding refills. Tried with 2 different scents .
The 'refill' pouches were more liquidy and less effective - did a side by side compare, for the dish soap. Other amazon reviewers had similiar experience

Would appreciate the feedback : on the gel hand soap bottles and refills pouches : if same quality
Thanks
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4182 posts
708 upvotes
Pickering, ON
aouniat wrote: I buy the white Costco soap and I've been using it for quite some time. It works but it doesn't mix well. I have to shake it every now and then. Do you face the same issue as well?
The Costco SoftSoap with aloe does not mix well. I had done it for years and finally gave up on using foaming pumps with it, as it often separated/took too much effort. Now I just use regular soap pumps.

I miss when Costco used to carry the SoftSoap Aquarium series 2-pack. Those had little to no issues mixing for foam pumps.
Oct 3, 2008
610 posts
178 upvotes
Scarborough
aouniat wrote: I buy the white Costco soap and I've been using it for quite some time. It works but it doesn't mix well. I have to shake it every now and then. Do you face the same issue as well?
The soapy portion mixes well, but there's white heavy cloud that drops to the bottom, i think those are moisturizers. So i don't have any problem getting foam out of my foaming soap dispensers.
Feb 1, 2016
35 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
RFD-style life hack: Buy these, dilute them approx 35% with water and use in the Method Foaming dispensers.

edit: oops, old news.
Jan 2, 2006
243 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
For foaming soap refills, I’ve had good success using this one in my automatic foam dispensers:

J R Watkins

@OakAged Do you have any comment of how this compares to Method and others in its “soapiness”?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3100 posts
2634 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Corwin1066 wrote: For foaming soap refills, I’ve had good success using this one in my automatic foam dispensers:

J R Watkins

@OakAged Do you have any comment of how this compares to Method and others in its “soapiness”?
Sorry, I don't have any experience with J.R. Watkins soap, and haven't used Method in a very long time. If you're concerned about the ingredients, you can see them on the Amazon images, Google them, and look for credible sites that offer real info on them. For example the second ingredient is sodium coco-sulphate, which contains, and is similar to, SLS:
https://www.hebebotanicals.co.nz/sodium ... detergent/
Jan 2, 2006
243 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
OakAged wrote: Sorry, I don't have any experience with J.R. Watkins soap, and haven't used Method in a very long time. If you're concerned about the ingredients, you can see them on the Amazon images, Google them, and look for credible sites that offer real info on them. For example the second ingredient is sodium coco-sulphate, which contains, and is similar to, SLS:
Thanks, that link helps.

I found an alternative that looks good, but not too much info on the actual ingredients.
Are you familiar with this one?
Nu Hydra Foam

The SDS doesn’t tell me much, as far as I can see.
SDS
Aug 13, 2008
461 posts
57 upvotes
Safe blend line made by (a quebec company) . Have used few of their products.
non foaming though ( but seems like can be made foaming as some of the above posts)
safeblend mango papaya
details on ingredients are and chemical composition is available

some of their stuff is sold at costco.ca, and amazon.ca
costco safeblend
IMHO: these are 'non boutique' items, unlike method and attitude: their looks, texture and packing may be not be so attractive. ( i have both method + attitude dish soap).
hope this helps :-)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3100 posts
2634 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Corwin1066 wrote: Thanks, that link helps.

I found an alternative that looks good, but not too much info on the actual ingredients.
Are you familiar with this one?
Nu Hydra Foam

The SDS doesn’t tell me much, as far as I can see.
SDS
Not familiar but found this:
http://www.manicsanitation.com/fiches/s ... %20Gel.pdf
It's just another surfactant-based detergent, made with SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate in this case) and Cocamidopropyl Betaine, with moisturizer added to somewhat counter the degreasing action. So it strips your skin of its natural moisture, covers it with some other kind of moisture, and it's marketed as "moisturizing". Cocamidopropyl Betaine isn't even legal to use in products that stay on your skin - only in products that are immediately rinsed away.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3100 posts
2634 upvotes
GTA Ontario
appkidak wrote: Safe blend line made by (a quebec company) . Have used few of their products.
non foaming though ( but seems like can be made foaming as some of the above posts)
safeblend mango papaya
details on ingredients are and chemical composition is available

some of their stuff is sold at costco.ca, and amazon.ca
costco safeblend
IMHO: these are 'non boutique' items, unlike method and attitude: their looks, texture and packing may be not be so attractive. ( i have both method + attitude dish soap).
hope this helps :-)
Yet another detergent using surfactants. Sodium coco-sulfate again, which contains, and is similar to, SLS:
And it also contains SLS itself. But hey, it also has some Aloe Vera, to make you think you'll be getting some good moisturizing effect from a detergent that you'll immediately be rinsing off (along with your skin's natural oils).
Jan 2, 2006
243 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
@OakAged
I think I found a Castile soap that is produced in Canada at a better price than Dr Bronners:

Have you heard of this one? Mountain Sky
Available more readily at well.ca
Edit: oops, I just noticed you referenced Mountain Sky in a previous post.

Then there is also Green Beaver from Canada as well: Green Beaver Liquid soap

Is there any reason to choose one above the other?

Ideally, I would like to dilute either of them for use in a foaming dispenser.

I see there is a foaming version of Green Beaver too at Green Beaver Foaming soap
Is it just a more expensive version of the above because of the dilution?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3100 posts
2634 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Corwin1066 wrote: @OakAged
I think I found a Castile soap that is produced in Canada at a better price than Dr Bronners:

Have you heard of this one? Mountain Sky
Available more readily at well.ca
Edit: oops, I just noticed you referenced Mountain Sky in a previous post.

Then there is also Green Beaver from Canada as well: Green Beaver Liquid soap

Is there any reason to choose one above the other?

Ideally, I would like to dilute either of them for use in a foaming dispenser.

I see there is a foaming version of Green Beaver too at Green Beaver Foaming soap
Is it just a more expensive version of the above because of the dilution?
Hey, I wasn't familiar with Green Beaver. I'll check it out and see how it compares to Dr. Bronner's.
I like Mountain Sky better than Dr. Bronner's regular liquid soaps, because they have nicer scents (I usually use non-scented stuff but these scented ones are pleasant and not annoying) and because they're made in Canada; but I like Dr. Bronner's Sugar Soap best of all (so far) because it's nice and thick so it doesn't splash when I use it in my Simple Human dispenser. But it's a bit pricey. Looking forward to seeing whether the Green Beaver will be a good alternative.
They're all great soaps, so the only thing that would make any better for you is your own preference of scent, consistency, and price.
Any of them will work in a foaming dispenser - just dilute with water.

I wouldn't buy that Green Beaver foaming stuff. It's detergent (coco glucoside), not soap.
Nov 11, 2015
258 posts
146 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I've seen this thread a bunch of times and everytime I see it I read "Method Man Soap" and for a second I think Method Man started a soap company or its soap shaped like Method Man.