Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Metroid Dread (physical copy) - $49.86 - Warehouse Deal - Like new (pristine packaging)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2022 12:27 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1750 posts
2380 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Great deal. I played the "demo" (on my emunand) when it came out and loved it. Didn't want to play it too far since I wanted to buy and play it legitimately so I've been waiting for a deal. Thank op!
Jul 25, 2016
105 posts
81 upvotes
Grimlocks wrote: Came in brand new - sealed. Thanks OP
Same, arrived yesterday and looks brand new, still sealed in cellophane. Great deal!
Apr 19, 2015
284 posts
300 upvotes
This is a phenomenal game, but just be mindful that it is not as slow and methodical as Super, Fusion, or Samus Returns. There are some real twitch elements to this, and it can be frustrating. You can't absorb damage the way you could in other games. This game tested the limits of my aging reaction times at several points.

It's not unfair, but it's definitely difficult, and the confusing navigation doesn't help, especially on your first couple of playthroughs. You'll get frustrated at certain parts, but eventually it will click and you'll overcome it and feel like a champion. The Flash Shift is one of the best power-ups that series has ever had - a total game-changer.

The map system is tremendous, it's absolutely *gorgeous*, has phenomenal enemy design, and if you get lost or stuck at a certain part, there are video walkthroughs and tutorials for every second of that game.
May 28, 2018
181 posts
234 upvotes
GavinTheAlmighty wrote: This is a phenomenal game, but just be mindful that it is not as slow and methodical as Super, Fusion, or Samus Returns. There are some real twitch elements to this, and it can be frustrating. You can't absorb damage the way you could in other games. This game tested the limits of my aging reaction times at several points.
I lost count at how many times I cursed in an E.M.M.I. zone. One zone in particular (the huge one before getting plasma beam). Never seen so many Game Over screens in my life. Still working on my first playthrough.

Great game though
Feb 3, 2015
180 posts
121 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks, bought one. But as others pointed out, I may not play because of parenthood :D (2yo)
Apr 19, 2015
284 posts
300 upvotes
taximan87 wrote: I lost count at how many times I cursed in an E.M.M.I. zone. One zone in particular (the huge one before getting plasma beam). Never seen so many Game Over screens in my life. Still working on my first playthrough.

Great game though
I hope you enjoy the rest of your playthrough! Remember - you are never stuck; there's likely just a wall or floor that needs to be shot or bombed!
May 28, 2018
181 posts
234 upvotes
GavinTheAlmighty wrote: I hope you enjoy the rest of your playthrough! Remember - you are never stuck; there's likely just a wall or floor that needs to be shot or bombed!
Haha yeah, I'm a lifelong Metroid player, I know the stuff they pull. Although that particular section I did resort to YouTube because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to advance (ended up being simply to jump in ball mode in a little spot where the block falls out from under you). And as stubborn as I was before getting help, everywhere I tried to explore to advance had me passing through that #$&+ing EMMI zone wanting to rip my hair out lol.
Aug 17, 2010
107 posts
36 upvotes
Thank you +1

This will be the first ever Metroid game I will own lol
Dec 11, 2007
268 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
equin0x wrote: Thank you +1

This will be the first ever Metroid game I will own lol
Same here! Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1582 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto
hssironman wrote: Thanks OP. Wasn't that into the Metroid series, but after reading the glowing reviews, I decided to pick one up. Hopefully it's a brand new sealed copy. But even a used for this price is a good deal in my opinion.
Just arrived. As others have reported, factory sealed with Amazon Warehouse Inspected sticker. Awesome deal!
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1861 posts
1265 upvotes
Just got my copy.

Brand new sealed and no 'inspected' sticker.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11096 posts
8366 upvotes
Toronto
Strange for warehouse deals to sell perfect sealed copies, good deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7088 posts
4057 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Strange for warehouse deals to sell perfect sealed copies, good deal.
Hm. Not really. Warehouse deals are great. Bought a slight used, like new Switch Pro Controller for about $54 but ended up getting shipped a brand new sealed one.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11096 posts
8366 upvotes
Toronto
domo325 wrote: Hm. Not really. Warehouse deals are great. Bought a slight used, like new Switch Pro Controller for about $54 but ended up getting shipped a brand new sealed one.
True but seems luck of the draw with other stuff, this one literally says pristine.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3968 posts
1810 upvotes
doctorgonzo wrote: Just got my copy.

Brand new sealed and no 'inspected' sticker.
I got the inspected sticker but it looks brand new aside from the replaced barcode on the back. Hopefully theres an actual game inside :/
Dec 8, 2009
628 posts
400 upvotes
Edmonton
I received mine and it had the inspection sticker and a few large scratches on the cellophane.

After taking off the wrapping I inspected the game case and found virtually no damage on it, expect for an extremely faint horizontal scratch (99.9% of people wouldn't notice it). I have no problem saving $30 for something so insignificant.