• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 9:39 pm
[OP]
Feb 8, 2011
800 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB) $899.99

If you missed Bestbuy deal...its available from amazon this time for same specs and same price....$899 for 8GB Ram and 256GB SSD on i5
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 2nd, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
36 replies
Apr 13, 2008
260 posts
405 upvotes
Bancroft
I really like my Surface Pro 6....
.... but it has the same problem as my old Surface Pro 3: power cables DON'T LAST.
Be prepared to buy backup cables.
Oct 1, 2002
100 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
So I'm assuming this is a good deal then, bought one, thanks OP
Dec 21, 2008
559 posts
110 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: And Best Buy has 1% Rakuten cash back.
Bestbuy also has the black one in stock, if anyone would prefer that colour
Apr 29, 2013
260 posts
360 upvotes
Calgary
Admit-tingly this is a good price but the serviceability and lack of upgrade options is terrible for these devices. They are puuuuurty though.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
2229 posts
247 upvotes
Calgary
This is a great price for a last-gen SP.
Quick reminder for whoever is interested:
1) Depends on how you handle your computer, you may want to get the Microsoft Complete Warranty. (Another 200 plus applicable deductible)
2) The new gens these days all have the SSD soldered on, so in case you have a dead SSD, it'll be impossible to recover the data by yourself. (SP4 is the last gen with a plug-in ssd, in which case, you can at least force open the tablet and take the ssd out for recovery).
3) Microsoft warranty experience can be hit or miss.
Jul 4, 2007
514 posts
486 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
typecover sold separately?
Jun 25, 2017
91 posts
181 upvotes
How is this for art? Was going to grab an iPad pro but this price is intriguing. I checked a couple comparisons and it looks like the iPad is still better for this use case. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with both?
Nov 8, 2008
776 posts
942 upvotes
renhui wrote: 3) Microsoft warranty experience can be hit or miss.
I find if you have an MS Store near you, they're great in general - when I was a university student and I needed to buy a replacement charger, they gave me a new one (free) no-questions-asked. My Surface Pro 4 also ended up having the screen flicker issue and they stepped up and replaced it with a new Pro 5 after 2 replacements.

On the other hand, I find their phone support barely acceptable, and you should be aware that they do not "repair" devices - they will replace, and replace with a refurbished unit. Their refurbished units are NOT like-new like Apple's. I was pretty irked that when they replaced my Pro 4, each time they replaced it with a refurb unit that had a new battery, but the casing clearly had cosmetic wear from the previous user that they touched up with paint. I guess it's fine if your device has wear on it but my original Pro 4 was in perfect condition.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
18012 posts
17064 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Relexcious wrote: How is this for art? Was going to grab an iPad pro but this price is intriguing. I checked a couple comparisons and it looks like the iPad is still better for this use case. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with both?
I don’t do art, but if you’re after a tablet device iPad is the best. Palm rejection and the pen lag is the best in the industry. Surface pen lags and palm rejection is “ok”.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1279 posts
1015 upvotes
Montr
Relexcious wrote: How is this for art? Was going to grab an iPad pro but this price is intriguing. I checked a couple comparisons and it looks like the iPad is still better for this use case. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with both?
Go check out Apple ipad refurbished page. I saw a couple of ipad pro 256GB there this morning at 899$
Mar 23, 2020
31 posts
10 upvotes
Please suggest some laptops in 512 GB SSD

Found one HP model (1035GI) HP 15-DY1017CA, but review says the fan makes a lot of sound
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1042 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: And Best Buy has 1% Rakuten cash back.
*face palm*

2.0% for Best Buy Canada on TopCashBack
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6411 upvotes
Surfaces are pretty bad for art, unless they changed their pen tech since the SP4 its probably better to get an iPad or an actual drawing display/tablet. The pen tech is worse than a $200 dedicated drawing tablet IMO.
May 23, 2008
808 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: Surfaces are pretty bad for art, unless they changed their pen tech since the SP4 its probably better to get an iPad or an actual drawing display/tablet. The pen tech is worse than a $200 dedicated drawing tablet IMO.
the pen has changed, starting with the Surface "5"