• Jan 20th, 2018 2:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19915 posts
131628 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon Canada] Miele Blizzard CX1 Bagless Hard Floor Vacuum - 579.99

Spotted this in an email from Amazon this morning. Looks to be a new low price according to our triple-humped friend. Regular price is $700, so almost $200 off, plus the 5-year warranty extension. Good for those who have primarily hard floors, want to try a Miele but don't want to deal with the bags.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B074KPB6YN/

Edit: Link for Best Buy if you want to PM there for a few more $ off:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/mi ... 65214.aspx

Edit#2: Amazon price of $508 has been changed now to match Best Buy at $579
Last edited by toguy on Jan 20th, 2018 5:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
9 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
10551 posts
13033 upvotes
Montreal
i see $ 579 ?...dynamic pricing at work
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19915 posts
131628 upvotes
GTA
Holy moly, that didn't last long - they already changed it :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
3435 posts
3473 upvotes
I still see the deal price, but if you don't want to deal with the bag, then you need to deal with the dust while emptying the vaccum.
Sep 24, 2011
546 posts
201 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Ebates has 7% on amazon.ca too
May 15, 2015
83 posts
34 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Miele bags are one of the bonuses with these vacuums. They’re so great they act as another filter. Having a hepa filter on this thing makes no sense if you’ve got to dump the contents out in your garbage can.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5164 posts
5054 upvotes
Toronto
BigStick wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 10:53 am
Miele bags are one of the bonuses with these vacuums. They’re so great they act as another filter. Having a hepa filter on this thing makes no sense if you’ve got to dump the contents out in your garbage can.
Not sure if srs.. ... bagless vacuum...
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19915 posts
131628 upvotes
GTA
lcmt wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 9:25 am
I still see the deal price, but if you don't want to deal with the bag, then you need to deal with the dust while emptying the vaccum.
BigStick wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 10:53 am
While I personally prefer and don't mind dealing with bags for better filtration, when I was shopping around I read more about this model. The concept is that smaller particles get trapped in a separate container/filter so as to minimize the "cloud" of dust when emptying. This separate container/filter can be rinsed/cleaned with water (vacuum can automatically 'shake' the filter so the dust is collected at the bottom of the container). This is so that the cleaning performance is not impacted by particles collected in the filter and also so that the dust/dirt can more easily be rinsed out.
Jul 23, 2016
13 posts
19 upvotes
polorico wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 10:38 am
Ebates has 7% on amazon.ca too
No it doesn't. 7% is their highest cashback category, which is luggage at the moment. Mostly everything else is 1%. For this, it would fall under Home (2% cashback currently).

https://www.ebates.ca/amazon
May 15, 2015
83 posts
34 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
toguy wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 12:21 pm
While I personally prefer and don't mind dealing with bags for better filtration, when I was shopping around I read more about this model. The concept is that smaller particles get trapped in a separate container/filter so as to minimize the "cloud" of dust when emptying. This separate container/filter can be rinsed/cleaned with water (vacuum can automatically 'shake' the filter so the dust is collected at the bottom of the container). This is so that the cleaning performance is not impacted by particles collected in the filter and also so that the dust/dirt can more easily be rinsed out.
Blech! After doing a similar process with a shark vacuum (separate filters, cleaning stuff out with water..) never again!!

They probably only made this vacuum because they know there’s a small market share that somehow thinks this is a better idea.

Jesus I even use bags in my shop vacsjust so I don’t have to deal with the crap I vacuumed for a second time. To each their own I guess.