Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition - Switch [Digital Code] Amazon and Walmart $25.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2021 7:20 pm
[OP]
Dec 30, 2003
71 posts
11 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition - Switch [Digital Code] Amazon and Walmart $25.99

Didn't see this posted anywhere...

Same price at Walmart:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/minecraft- ... 0201828163

Not the physical game unfortunately, so can't be resold.
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 3rd, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
15 replies
Nov 25, 2017
77 posts
180 upvotes
thanks for posting! can anyone comment on how this game is? especially for younger kids to play
Apr 29, 2014
976 posts
318 upvotes
Pickering, ON
My son just turn 6 and asking for Minecraft.. Is this version appropriate?

IsMinecraft on Switch or PC better for kids?
I want my kid to be more familiar with PC. Secondly do we need a powerful PC to run it?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1200 posts
823 upvotes
Quebec City
Only if you don't have Minecraft already. This game is shallow as a puddle.

The game is like a minecraft-themed Diablo but it's nothing like Diablo other than killing for loot. There's no class, everything is weapon based and you have to change weapon often to keep doing good damage. It's incredible they botched that game, there were so much possibilities...

It will do fine for 6-7 years old, it's not difficult at all. But they'll complete it within a few hours.
Aug 22, 2007
132 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
SleepyEyez wrote: My son just turn 6 and asking for Minecraft.. Is this version appropriate?

I want my kid to be more familiar with PC. Secondly do we need a powerful PC to run it?
If your kid wants "Minecraft" then they probably mean normal Minecraft: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/minecraft- ... 0201523819

"Minecraft" is the sandbox / lego like free form building and exploration game.

"Minecraft Dungeons" is a third person isometric dungeon crawler, in the same vein as Diablo.

And I personally enjoy Minecraft Dungeons quite a bit, it's pretty chill and fun, and I'd imagine a lot of kids would enjoy it, but as a 30 year old who never interacts with kids I can't really say. I don't really know what the above poster is complaining about either. Minecraft Dungeons was always advertised as an easier to get into Diablo and that's what it is. And lots of games force you to constantly switch up your gear and inventory, that's not a negative thing, that's just a design choice a la Borderlands.
Dec 15, 2019
68 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
SleepyEyez wrote: My son just turn 6 and asking for Minecraft.. Is this version appropriate?

You don't need a powerful PC to to run Minecraft.

The Switch vs PC version both have their pros and cons, but I would suggest the Switch version for kids or family in general because it has local split-screen coop, which means you can jump onto the game and play with him without the need of a second account and computer.
Dec 12, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
This version isnt like the original minecraft, its like an RPG version.
I have it its pretty fun i play with my boys .
Jul 6, 2008
1 posts
Toronto
I cannot complete the purchase on Amazon.ca. Tried with 3x browsers, 2x Amazon accounts. Car throws error during checkout:

Edit quantities
[!] Important Message
There was a problem with some of the items in your order (see below for more information):
Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition - Switch [Digital Code]

Items: Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition - Switch [Digital Code]
Qty: 0
Send to: ...
Jun 19, 2017
640 posts
1173 upvotes
Canada
+1, I enjoyed this game.

FYI This game is readily available at shoppers online. You can get 20x the points and then also benefit from having a physical copy to resell should you lose interest. Something worth considering.
Aug 31, 2005
297 posts
51 upvotes
Recently got a switch and 6yr old also asking for minecraft. Didnt know which one to get either but after this post, it seems that the regular one (not the one in the thread is the right one?). Can someone confirm multiplayer mode on the switch? Two people can play together at once?

I'm a switch NOOB and still learning. Its surprising how *little* all I've read so far (nintendo forums etc.) has helped me!

Thanks everyone here!
Ps. Is there a forum on RFD to help? I couldn't find one..
Dec 14, 2007
99 posts
53 upvotes
I don't recommend this game. It was laggy AF when I played. I had to get a refund after 2hrs into it

Edit: on switch
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2734 posts
888 upvotes
crazychick wrote: Recently got a switch and 6yr old also asking for minecraft. Didnt know which one to get either but after this post, it seems that the regular one (not the one in the thread is the right one?). Can someone confirm multiplayer mode on the switch? Two people can play together at once?

I'm a switch NOOB and still learning. Its surprising how *little* all I've read so far (nintendo forums etc.) has helped me!

Thanks everyone here!
Ps. Is there a forum on RFD to help? I couldn't find one..
DOES THE GAME HAVE ONLINE AND LOCAL MULTIPLAYER?

Minecraft Dungeons features online and local play for up to four players co-operatively. The difficulty, enemy count, and the loot will adapt based on the number of players in each session to consistently provide a fun, rewarding experience.

Local co-op and online multiplayer cannot be played simultaneously.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/art ... ngeons-FAQ

In terms of where to get more info about multiplayer games, try just searching for "best local multiplayer games for Switch" on YouTube - lots of good videos on there that will give you ideas and show you a bit of a gameplay.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2006
1112 posts
534 upvotes
GTA
MercadorHG wrote: Only if you don't have Minecraft already. This game is shallow as a puddle.

The game is like a minecraft-themed Diablo but it's nothing like Diablo other than killing for loot. There's no class, everything is weapon based and you have to change weapon often to keep doing good damage. It's incredible they botched that game, there were so much possibilities...

It will do fine for 6-7 years old, it's not difficult at all. But they'll complete it within a few hours.
Might as well play Trove. Simple but surprisingly deep.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5904 posts
299 upvotes
Vancouver
Good game. Had it when it came out on PC. Lots of content and maps are HUGE. A little too big that it takes long to complete a map.

Its like Zelda meets Supario 3.