Mini Computer Intel 11th Gen N5100 8GB/128GB [259-8%-48= $191]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2022 10:52 pm
[OP]
Nov 25, 2018
241 posts
155 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Mini Computer Intel 11th Gen N5100 8GB/128GB [259-8%-48= $191]

Go easy if this deal sucks, not familiar with current pricing on these types of things but seemed like a half decent offering?

259 regular price, 8% off = 239

Clip 48$ coupon = $191

Features & details
Glowing Star【Intel 11th Gen N5100 Overclocked CPU】The TRIGKEY Green G3 Micro Computer Win 11 with 11th generation N5100 processor (4 cores, 4 threads, up to 2.8GHz), technically overclocked to 15W TDP, about 20% performance increase, while cooling well, a very cost-effective Mini PC. In addition, the Small PC Computer is perfect for that common software such as Zoom, Skype, ms team, Discord, ms office
Glowing Star【Max 2933Mhz DDR4 & M.2 SATA SSD】Processor, RAM, and SSD are collectively called the three hearts of every computer. TRIGKEY GREEN G3 Micro Computer is not only equipped with the processing of the 11th generation N5100 but also equipped with a DDR4 slot that supports up to 2933MHz(the Mhz of RAM is usually 2133MHz-2400MHz). Compared with traditional mechanical hard drives, M.2 SATA solid-state drives are faster (up to 550 MB/s) and more secure.
Glowing Star[email protected] UHD graphics card and dual HDMI 2.0】Small PC computers have been equipped with [email protected] UHD graphics card, which supports 4K video playback and web surfing, or connected to your projector as a home theater, to easily get various experiences with high-quality vision. Dual HDMI2.0 allows you to connect two monitors at the same time, double your work efficiency and double your happiness.
Glowing Star【2.4G/5G dual-band Wifi & silent design】The Small PC Computer with 1*Wifi5 wireless network card (Supporting 2.4G+5G Dual-Band WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0); 1*RJ45 Ethernet port (1000M) to ensure stable network and wireless connection. The power consumption of G3 is very low, only 6-15W. With an all-copper efficient cooling fan, the heat dissipation is excellent, and there is almost no noise!
Glowing Star【Multi-system support & various convenient functions】The Micro computer comes pre-installed with W11 Pro, and supports other systems such as W10, Linux-Ubuntu, and Chrome OS Flex. The Mini computers w11 can realize functions such as automatic startup and wake up LAN, and are very suitable for servers, monitoring equipment, and office equipment!
Glowing Star【TRIGKEY Direct Service】All TRIGKEY Mini Computers are FCC, CE, and other certifications, and meet all kinds of US testing standards, with lifetime technical support and 7 days/24 hours service. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us, we also provide all kinds of documents and multi-language tutorials to solve your diversified needs.
152 replies
Jan 11, 2009
337 posts
501 upvotes
Mississauga
Is the ram soldered or can it be upgraded?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4614 posts
2075 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Passmark 4100

Reasonable for light productivity.
Probably OK if you want a PC for your TV watching. But not for taxing gaming. Small and probably quiet (it does have a fan -- with careful design that should not be needed for an N5100).

It comes with Win 11 installed. it doesn't actually say that it is licensed.

Nice fat coupon.
Feb 1, 2017
487 posts
826 upvotes
If I knew this could handle HDR I'd grab it, but highly doubt it. For reasons unknown to my me Asus zenbook can't do HDR with my P2 projector which is infuriating. I have to use a super long hdmi cable from my PC to it to run hdr films. Everyone says to get a shield, but I reaaally want a desktop experience on it, not having to run some jank apps to access my NAS.
Oct 31, 2014
149 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Home Assistant server?
Nov 24, 2013
259 posts
193 upvotes
Burnaby
Looks similar to the beelinks that are on Amazon. As mentioned, they have a laptop sized fan to blow out excess heat but these could have been designed with a bigger heatsink so it can run passive like many of the pfsense opnsense boxes out there.
Oct 28, 2005
617 posts
520 upvotes
Can it hardware decode 4K/HEVC/x265?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1819 posts
1138 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'd get this over a raspberry pi kit. a lot more flexible.
You should be able to use this as a home NAS server (with external HDD), pi hole, plex, bt server etc.
Jan 11, 2009
337 posts
501 upvotes
Mississauga
This thing is slower than my 12 year old 3rd gen i5 PC. Hard pass.
Dec 1, 2003
317 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
I have the N5095 and I find it quite responsive and fast even on 8g... I'm actually shocked that this Celeron processor is alot faster than many laptops of the 600-700$ range.

I don't have the benchmarks against a 3rd gen i5 PC but I also had a i5-3770k and the N5095 with 16gb of ram felt quite a bit more responsive than my i5 3rd gen at 16gb on both WIndows 10 and 11 - productivity wise.

I am truly impressed with the Celeron N5095/N5100 series CPUs
Aug 25, 2019
941 posts
992 upvotes
Thanks for Posting Along2

/Ignore the MORONS looking for gaming crap
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Dec 21, 2006
946 posts
1073 upvotes
I returned mine as this type of mini pc is too slow for dual monitors. Thought I'll keep it for the price, but after a few good ideals on laptops these couple months, it's a no-brainier to return it. Way too slow compared to a even low spec i3 laptop at around $350. Note that laptop has display screen while mini-pc doesn't so better paying $100 more for something much more powerful. My 2 cents.
Last edited by coolwarm on Dec 3rd, 2022 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3447 posts
3022 upvotes
GVRD
tivo_box wrote: Can it hardware decode 4K/HEVC/x265?
Yes. This packs an UHD graphic and can support 4k60p. Intel integrated GPU since 8th gen can do 4k decide HDR without issues.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5769 posts
3741 upvotes
West Vancouver
msata, no m2 and no pictures of the inside that would answer so many questions.

F that.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1661 posts
975 upvotes
Not bad given it comes ready to go with ram and a ssd.

I have a n5105 + 4 2.5gbe ethernet ports running pfsense. I think it came in around $180 all in (aliexpress), and it performs very well + ships extremely fast (I think it was <1.5 weeks between order and delivery) - it was barebones, so no ram or ssd.

I don't think this would be worth ordering as your main desktop unless you don't use it regularly, but excellent and much more versatile than a raspberry pi to run a few self-hosted apps, eg Home Assistant (as someone mentioned), etc....
along2 wrote: Go easy if this deal sucks, not familiar with current pricing on these types of things but seemed like a half decent offering?

259 regular price, 8% off = 239

Clip 48$ coupon = $191

Features & details
Glowing Star【Intel 11th Gen N5100 Overclocked CPU】The TRIGKEY Green G3 Micro Computer Win 11 with 11th generation N5100 processor (4 cores, 4 threads, up to 2.8GHz), technically overclocked to 15W TDP, about 20% performance increase, while cooling well, a very cost-effective Mini PC. In addition, the Small PC Computer is perfect for that common software such as Zoom, Skype, ms team, Discord, ms office
Glowing Star【Max 2933Mhz DDR4 & M.2 SATA SSD】Processor, RAM, and SSD are collectively called the three hearts of every computer. TRIGKEY GREEN G3 Micro Computer is not only equipped with the processing of the 11th generation N5100 but also equipped with a DDR4 slot that supports up to 2933MHz(the Mhz of RAM is usually 2133MHz-2400MHz). Compared with traditional mechanical hard drives, M.2 SATA solid-state drives are faster (up to 550 MB/s) and more secure.
Glowing Star[email protected] UHD graphics card and dual HDMI 2.0】Small PC computers have been equipped with [email protected] UHD graphics card, which supports 4K video playback and web surfing, or connected to your projector as a home theater, to easily get various experiences with high-quality vision. Dual HDMI2.0 allows you to connect two monitors at the same time, double your work efficiency and double your happiness.
Glowing Star【2.4G/5G dual-band Wifi & silent design】The Small PC Computer with 1*Wifi5 wireless network card (Supporting 2.4G+5G Dual-Band WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0); 1*RJ45 Ethernet port (1000M) to ensure stable network and wireless connection. The power consumption of G3 is very low, only 6-15W. With an all-copper efficient cooling fan, the heat dissipation is excellent, and there is almost no noise!
Glowing Star【Multi-system support & various convenient functions】The Micro computer comes pre-installed with W11 Pro, and supports other systems such as W10, Linux-Ubuntu, and Chrome OS Flex. The Mini computers w11 can realize functions such as automatic startup and wake up LAN, and are very suitable for servers, monitoring equipment, and office equipment!
Glowing Star【TRIGKEY Direct Service】All TRIGKEY Mini Computers are FCC, CE, and other certifications, and meet all kinds of US testing standards, with lifetime technical support and 7 days/24 hours service. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us, we also provide all kinds of documents and multi-language tutorials to solve your diversified needs.
Nov 8, 2020
66 posts
46 upvotes
BubbaSPX wrote: Is the ram soldered or can it be upgraded?
From the Amazon and seller comments, single slot but can be upgraded.
Nov 8, 2022
33 posts
27 upvotes
How strong is the processor for running multiple VMs? Planning on plex and home assistant VMs in the beginning.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)