• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2021 9:12 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2468 posts
2767 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Miracle-Gro 2756210 Water Soluble Bloom Booster Plant Food 15-30-15 500g $4

Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Bloom Booster Plant Food 15-30-15 500g $4 at Amazon
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 18th, 2021 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
33 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2234 posts
2485 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks Op

Maybe my strawberries will make a single berry before winter time with this.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Dec 7, 2020
267 posts
137 upvotes
xjesterxx wrote: Thanks Op

2756510 would fit your fruit better...

thanks OP and 2 boxes ordered
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1782 posts
210 upvotes
Thanks OP, also ordered 2
Sep 16, 2016
800 posts
976 upvotes
Would like to stock up some for the next year, anyone knows if plant food will expiration or not?
Mar 8, 2013
508 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
laurawow wrote: Would like to stock up some for the next year, anyone knows if plant food will expiration or not?
Shelf life is indefinite.

Mentioned in the replies of this video:
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7496 posts
4102 upvotes
Toronto
Is this only for blooming flowers? Or good for other plants like money tree, or jade, or ivy, or pothos or whatever?

It says it's good for other plants too, but there's so many other plants and different formulations this is 15-30-15 but so many other formulations so how do you know what to use?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1162 posts
1288 upvotes
Surrey
xjesterxx wrote: Thanks Op

Could be a number of issues. Strawberries don't really need to be fertilized. To be successful they should be planted together so bees and other flying insects can help cross pollinate. If your area lacks bees you can cross pollinate with a paint brush by touching one flower and then move it to another. The wind may take care of some of these but it's mostly the bees that do the work.

You also want to make sure you have some space between the leaves and base of the plant. They don't like to be covered with soil...it suffocates them. Just have enough to cover the roots and a bit of the bottom.

Sunlight is also important. You'll need mostly full sun to see max production out of your strawberries. I have three planters on my railing and 6 large pots on the ground of strawberries. All produce right up to mid fall. Mine are the ever bearing variety.
Jun 9, 2019
575 posts
712 upvotes
rancid82 wrote: Could be a number of issues. Strawberries don't really need to be fertilized. To be successful they should be planted together so bees and other flying insects can help cross pollinate. If your area lacks bees you can cross pollinate with a paint brush by touching one flower and then move it to another. The wind may take care of some of these but it's mostly the bees that do the work.

You also want to make sure you have some space between the leaves and base of the plant. They don't like to be covered with soil...it suffocates them. Just have enough to cover the roots and a bit of the bottom.

Sunlight is also important. You'll need mostly full sun to see max production out of your strawberries. I have three planters on my railing and 6 large pots on the ground of strawberries. All produce right up to mid fall. Mine are the ever bearing variety.
Some varieties will also not produce anything in their first year. This is where mine are. Growing great, spreading like wildfire, but no blooms. They seem healthy otherwise.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3406 posts
2823 upvotes
Markham
TheGoodDealer wrote: Will this work well for herbs?
No. You’ll want something with a higher nitrogen to phosphorus ratio like a 3-1-2 (6-2-4 and so on).

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1222 posts
651 upvotes
I picked up the Miracle-Gro Liquafeed All Purpose Plant Food Concentrate on clearance at Walmart USA (2019).
This is the best product I've ever used in my vegetable garden.
Not sure if there's any difference with the Canadian version but the tomatoes plants were like 6ft tall.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7496 posts
4102 upvotes
Toronto
HDawg wrote: No. You’ll want something with a higher nitrogen to phosphorus ratio like a 3-1-2 (6-2-4 and so on).
What happens if you use this anyways? Is it bad for your herbs? Or just not optimized (but still nutritional)
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1137 posts
1674 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
fightbriz wrote: What happens if you use this anyways? Is it bad for your herbs? Or just not optimized (but still nutritional)
Have you seen the scene from terminator 2 when sarah connor is standing by the fence and the nuke is dropped? Ya....just like that
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7496 posts
4102 upvotes
Toronto
Nubby666 wrote: Have you seen the scene from terminator 2 when sarah connor is standing by the fence and the nuke is dropped? Ya....just like that
Purchased immediately

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)