Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Modular Crimping Tool for $7.59

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2021 1:02 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1568 posts
8942 upvotes
MILTON

[Amazon.ca] Modular Crimping Tool for $7.59

• High quality, high assurance.
  • Portable style with perfect shape.
  • For cuts, strips and crimps.
  • Suitable for 8P8C/rj45.
  • With closed lock for stored, use on stranded wire only.
7 replies
Jan 24, 2021
7 posts
1 upvote
From the product page:

"Note:
Please note that the new type and old type of this product will be sent randomly, and make sure you will not mind before ordering."
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1385 posts
2124 upvotes
Hammonds
deals80 wrote: From the product page:

"Note:
Please note that the new type and old type of this product will be sent randomly, and make sure you will not mind before ordering."
New type? What's new? I bought the item in the photo like 12 years ago from dealextreme. Works fine. Paid way more than $8 and waited months. To me new would mean cheaper... rj11 and rj45 haven't changed
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36342 posts
9609 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Ruciz wrote: New type? What's new? I bought the item in the photo like 12 years ago from dealextreme. Works fine. Paid way more than $8 and waited months. To me new would mean cheaper... rj11 and rj45 haven't changed
I find CAT6 a little harder to crimp. So, yes it has changed
draggonfly wrote: Dead deal?
Crap, I wanted to buy a back up
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1470 posts
3312 upvotes
Gee wrote: I find CAT6 a little harder to crimp. So, yes it has changed
My current crimpter fail 50% of the time on cat6. Either it doesn't push the pin enough, or the pin break. Also have that same model from DX
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36342 posts
9609 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
InvaIid wrote: My current crimpter fail 50% of the time on cat6. Either it doesn't push the pin enough, or the pin break. Also have that same model from DX
I don't have a problem with pins breaking. But I do have a problem pushing the pins because it is harder to fit the connector into the crimper.

If you force it in, it sometimes extend beyond the teeth
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8996 posts
2276 upvotes
Mont-Royal
InvaIid wrote: My current crimpter fail 50% of the time on cat6. Either it doesn't push the pin enough, or the pin break. Also have that same model from DX
isn't DH < aliexpress?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101