Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Moga Pro Power Bluetooth Android Gaming Controller [Lightning Deal] $38.38

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2016 4:42 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1281 posts
1073 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Moga Pro Power Bluetooth Android Gaming Controller [Lightning Deal] $38.38

Hey Guys,

I'm not going to pretend that this is some sort of "razor hot" price, but it's not. What it is, is a pretty good price for a well reviewed product that you can be sure ships from Amazon and will arrive well before Christmas.

So if you have kids / cousins / nephews , or just a husband that tickles at such an idea , for $38 it's a pretty great pick-up for "that time of year" that's coming up :).

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00FB5RBJM/

YouTube video review stuff :
(can skip to like 12 minutes)
14 replies
Aug 27, 2009
876 posts
709 upvotes
My issue is I want a good controller for mainly NES and SNES games. Though I hear most controllers aren't as good as the original.
Have you used this one for older consoles?

I was leaning towards the 8bitdo Nes30 pro
Nov 30, 2009
259 posts
93 upvotes
Québec
Can this be used wired without bluetooth while charging phone??
Aug 14, 2009
233 posts
141 upvotes
I dunno about "razor" hot. Maybe "shaving cream" hot, if you're old-school.

:D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1281 posts
1073 upvotes
lleb13 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 1:39 pm
My issue is I want a good controller for mainly NES and SNES games. Though I hear most controllers aren't as good as the original.

There are videos on YouTube of people using them on emulator apps within android (the controllers)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1281 posts
1073 upvotes
slay3r85 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 2:39 pm
Can this be used wired without bluetooth while charging phone??
Probably not, is battery life that much of an issue for you ?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
1931 posts
616 upvotes
Edmonton
Really tempted so I can play Minecraft pocket with my girls. They both seem to have touchscreen controls nailed on their tablets, but whenever I try to play it on my phone I feel like I have no control whatsoever (and usually just resort to firing up the Windows 10 version so I can use the mouse).

This would actually make my phone version playable, plus all those other games with shoehorned touchscreen controls that are borderline unplayable too.
Dec 26, 2007
172 posts
31 upvotes
North York
I am looking for a controller that can handle World of Tanks blitz on a Nexus 9 tablet. Can't seem to find any current info on what the game will support.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1152 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know/understand the technical details, but the first review comment scared me away:

"Not exclusively the dealers fault. This controller has been misrepresented across the board. Moga support no longer works in most games and the moga app is unsupported. Add that one sentence into the marketing material and I probably would have purchased a cheaper controller. It's also hard to believe I have a fresh battery like the seller claims when these controllers are made in China, and I received mine with an Australian Warranty card from an Australian wholesale distributor, AND I LIVE IN CANADA! Oh did i mention that PowerA the company that makes the moga line of controllers no longer sells this controller and neither does the moga standalone site. Abandoned product overall. So happy I was able to help you offload your dead inventory. Proceed with caution. This controller only works in HID mode. If I had known that I would have purchased a cheaper controller with better app support."
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
1931 posts
616 upvotes
Edmonton
ssiu wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 3:09 pm
I don't know/understand the technical details, but the first review comment scared me away:

"Not exclusively the dealers fault. This controller has been misrepresented across the board. Moga support no longer works in most games and the moga app is unsupported. Add that one sentence into the marketing material and I probably would have purchased a cheaper controller. It's also hard to believe I have a fresh battery like the seller claims when these controllers are made in China, and I received mine with an Australian Warranty card from an Australian wholesale distributor, AND I LIVE IN CANADA! Oh did i mention that PowerA the company that makes the moga line of controllers no longer sells this controller and neither does the moga standalone site. Abandoned product overall. So happy I was able to help you offload your dead inventory. Proceed with caution. This controller only works in HID mode. If I had known that I would have purchased a cheaper controller with better app support."
It seems to be an abandoned product as far as its app is concerned, but other reviews mention that you just flip the switch to B mode and it acts like any other generic bluetooth controller, so I don't think there would be any problems with it.
Jan 30, 2011
100 posts
89 upvotes
Delta
I had this controller in the past. As someone mentioned you have two modes, Moga and Generic HID. For Moga mode to work on android you need to install the MogaVK app along with a few others. Mode B is much better. Most emulators and games support the generic hid, therefore you can use this with the app.

I tested and had working 100% compatitbily : johnNes (and the rest of his emulators)
SNES 9x, mame4droid. Lots of Sega titles, Square Enix, Lego games work as well.
May 11, 2009
312 posts
128 upvotes
Vancouver
BaconTelevision wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 4:42 pm
I had this controller in the past. As someone mentioned you have two modes, Moga and Generic HID. For Moga mode to work on android you need to install the MogaVK app along with a few others. Mode B is much better. Most emulators and games support the generic hid, therefore you can use this with the app.

I tested and had working 100% compatitbily : johnNes (and the rest of his emulators)
SNES 9x, mame4droid. Lots of Sega titles, Square Enix, Lego games work as well.
In the generic HID mode, did you have to map the buttons through another app? I'm looking for a controller that would work with my Nexus player, and with a RetroPie that I'm planning to build. Would this work as a generic bluetooth controller for the Pi?

I tried pairing a Dualshock 4 controller to my nexus player, and it was pretty laggy, and only some buttons seemed to work.
Nov 30, 2009
259 posts
93 upvotes
Québec
Tcalp wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 2:42 pm
Probably not, is battery life that much of an issue for you ?
Ok its all good, i just hate leaving bluetooth on.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20340 posts
4300 upvotes
Poormond Hill
lleb13 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 1:39 pm

The Nes30 pro is the one I use to play NES, Snes, Gameboy, Genesis...etc. A very good controller. Also got a GameSir G2 controller, but not fond of it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Jan 30, 2011
100 posts
89 upvotes
Delta
headhunt3r wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 5:10 pm
In the generic HID mode, did you have to map the buttons through another app? I'm looking for a controller that would work with my Nexus player, and with a RetroPie that I'm planning to build. Would this work as a generic bluetooth controller for the Pi?

I tried pairing a Dualshock 4 controller to my nexus player, and it was pretty laggy, and only some buttons seemed to work.
No, key mapping wasn't an issue with any of the above examples I had mentioned.