[Amazon.ca] Monolith by Monoprice M570 Over Ear Open Back Planar Headphone

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2020 9:39 pm
[OP]
Oct 31, 2011
5 posts
6 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Monolith by Monoprice M570 Over Ear Open Back Planar Headphone

Great price for an amazing planar headphone, with quality and capabilities compared with over $1,000USD headphones.

Get it today. This price will not last long: https://bit.ly/2Ybzd8Q
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3046 posts
754 upvotes
BC
iBaloo13 wrote: Great price for an amazing planar headphone, with quality and capabilities compared with over $1,000USD headphones.

Get it today. This price will not last long: https://bit.ly/2Ybzd8Q
I mean you can compare them to $1,000+ headphones much like you can compare a Civic to a Ferrari.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1146 posts
3129 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Paging u/LifelongCaboose

Oops wrong message board.
Oct 2, 2007
721 posts
246 upvotes
Montreal
blyndfyre wrote: Paging u/LifelongCaboose

Oops wrong message board.
I also enjoy LifeLongCaboose's many feedbacks on reddit. :) Actually, I might be wrong but I think he reviewed it on Amazon (or it's someone with the same username): https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-revie ... B07YX7K4CP --> He gave it 2 stars... :(

Thanks for the share though! Great price but I'll pass personally. Got way too many headphones anyway so I just can't justify it with the wife anymore... :D
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14067 posts
4480 upvotes
London
Are these good?

They fairly routinely sell for ~$60 at local auction places but I know nothing about them to know if they are worth buying.
Aug 15, 2015
77 posts
75 upvotes
Windsor
Heard a lot of complaints about glitches in the 800-900hz range.. Just be aware of that
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
[OP]
Oct 31, 2011
5 posts
6 upvotes
I have these personally, and I consider the price around 200CAD being a steal for them. You can do some research on YouTube; the 800-900hz issue is measurable, but, it is not impacting the listening quality.
Dec 24, 2019
11 posts
7 upvotes
These MSRP at $299 USD and they're already considered a steal at that price... And now it's going for $210 CAD, almost the lowest price ever based on CCC? Yes please!
Sep 15, 2019
80 posts
118 upvotes
orleans
painiyff wrote: These MSRP at $299 USD and they're already considered a steal at that price... And now it's going for $210 CAD, almost the lowest price ever based on CCC? Yes please!
They have been this price before. I bought them new from Amazon for a few bucks cheaper in March. Doesn't mean it isn't a good deal, but this isn't that out of the ordinary in terms of price. Monoprice branded audio gear seems to go up and down in price on Amazon a lot, and sometimes is cheaper than buying directly from Monoprice. For example, I got the the Monolith THX AMP/DAC for $570+ tax. I'm fairly certain the regular price is around $700.

Point being, Amazon randomly drops and raises the price on Monoprice audio gear, so you can sometimes get a better deal if you're patient and waiting on Amazon. This is a good deal for these headphones, but it is likely to come again if people aren't sure if they want them.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Mar 26, 2018
47 posts
57 upvotes
$200 for what essentially is a no-name store brand is a steal? Sure, please take my money... Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 16, 2009
452 posts
398 upvotes
ArthurK897526 wrote: $200 for what essentially is a no-name store brand is a steal? Sure, please take my money... Face With Tears Of Joy
No name? Monoprice has worked with THX and have some amazing headphone amps and also have some of the best sub woofers out there.
Monolith series stuff is great for the price.
Sep 15, 2019
80 posts
118 upvotes
orleans
Monoprice has some very good audio gear, but the headphones aren't something you should buy without knowing what you're getting yourself into.

The trade off for the price is a higher likelihood of QC issues. There are a lot of very negative reviews about this specific model. Buyers claim there are channel imbalances at higher frequencies. For music, it may not be as much of an issue as it would be for something like gaming. Keep in mind, I am specifically referring to the headphones. Some of their other gear like amps/DACs don't seem to have the same QC issues. Their Monolith THX amp is extremely well regarded in the hobby at the price point.

This specific model of headphones has a lot of hype, because they are something like a clone of a model that a popular reviewer really likes. That headphone is called the Sendy Aiva, and in CAD it costs about 4x as much as these. So there's you're trade off with Monoprice headphones. You're getting a headphone that some people feel is close to a headphone at 3-4 times the price point, but there are QC and other issues that might make it a frustrating buy.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
May 27, 2015
126 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Great value at this price. A proper full size planar magnetic open cans.

Very happy with my pair.

Sound is much better after 50hrs+ burn in. A dedicated amp takes them to another level.
Aug 6, 2019
48 posts
18 upvotes
as other poster responded, monoprice equipment is always on sale. full price is often a great deal. they are often available open box too.