Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Monopoly: Fortnite Edition $10.42

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2019 7:29 pm
Jan 22, 2006
12 posts
Toronto
Oh man, I used to love monopoly, but most of the reason I enjoyed the game was because the game pieces were so deluxe. Metal, heavy, intricate. When did they switch to paper cards for the pieces? This looks like a fraction of the quality monopoly used to be.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20747 posts
6779 upvotes
BranCracker wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 3:06 pm

There have been literally hundreds of different versions and themes of Monopoly for decades. Are you somehow now just realizing that?
I always thought they were just skins where the underlying game was still the same.
I'm just learning today that the mechanics are different.
monitor35 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 3:11 pm
Oh man, I used to love monopoly, but most of the reason I enjoyed the game was because the game pieces were so deluxe. Metal, heavy, intricate. When did they switch to paper cards for the pieces? This looks like a fraction of the quality monopoly used to be.
When there's a billion different themes, you have to price yourself low enough that the average sucker will buy into your new IP skin.
If you priced it where the original Monopoly was, no one would ever buy it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5378 posts
635 upvotes
Calgary
Pauly Boy wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 6:13 pm
Rofl. Just like rock and roll destroyed the 50's, right?

Every generation has their fads. Let the children have their Fortmeme.
Comparing rock n roll to fornite?

You just stop.
Feb 24, 2019
65 posts
50 upvotes
monitor35 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 3:11 pm
oh this x1000!
We used to play all kinds of games. But when I was at one friend's house we would always play monopoly. because his was this:
monopoly board
Sep 27, 2015
21 posts
16 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 4:12 pm
Good man. I downvoted because this game is destroying a generation, but I respect the gusto.
Oh my lord lol, just like how World of Warcraft made kids satanists, and power rangers made kids more violent too eh? Lol let ppl have fun
[OP]
Jun 15, 2018
94 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
Not gonna lie, one of the reasons I posted this deal is because I wanted to see some irrationally upset boomers. RFD did not disappoint.