Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Monoprice Double Shot Keycaps-104-Key Set-White, Compatible with Work Stream Mechanical Keyboards - $14.07

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9512 posts
5254 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Monoprice Double Shot Keycaps-104-Key Set-White, Compatible with Work Stream Mechanical Keyboards - $14.07

20 replies
Oct 9, 2009
15 posts
17 upvotes
'bertuh
Should be noted these will work with any mechanical keyboard with switches that use a cherry stem (so most of them), and should work with most 61/87/104 key keyboards.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1803 posts
3677 upvotes
Great deal if you need some cheap keycaps, legends are kinda whack though.

Really can’t go wrong at this price.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1331 posts
244 upvotes
Toronto
OK I still don't get all these lose key set... What do they do? and why it worth of any value at all?
Thanks.
Mar 6, 2019
140 posts
183 upvotes
jurassic98 wrote: OK I still don't get all these lose key set... What do they do? and why it worth of any value at all?
Thanks.
I guess for people who would like to customize the colour of their keys, mix and match or just themed gaming stations. Or replacement for damaged/worn out paint on caps.

A good mechanical keyboard can last a lot longer than the keycaps if they aren't high quality.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1615 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Kayen wrote: Should be noted these will work with any mechanical keyboard with switches that use a cherry stem (so most of them), and should work with most 61/87/104 key keyboards.
Except some corsair and logitech that have a non standard bottom row.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8777 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
Do these work with MX keycap boards?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1803 posts
3677 upvotes
jurassic98 wrote: OK I still don't get all these lose key set... What do they do? and why it worth of any value at all?
Thanks.
People spend $200+ on keycap sets that are technically inferior to the one in the OP, and sometimes another $100 or so for modifiers, all because of the sound they make, how they feel and how pretty they look. Not uncommon to see $500+ keyboards.

Not much reason behind it other than look and feel, keyboard people are crazy.
Sep 7, 2006
839 posts
507 upvotes
People like me who bought the redragon k551 and hate the font they use.

Going to buy one. Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9512 posts
5254 upvotes
Thanks.
Look and feel. Key caps are what you touch, and so the surface texture matters. The fit and finish matter as well; when you touch the keys (not pressing on them, but just resting your fingers on them) there's sound from the surface interaction (keyboard ASMR)...and then there's also the sound from the switches as well.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9512 posts
5254 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: People spend $200+ on keycap sets that are technically inferior to the one in the OP, and sometimes another $100 or so for modifiers, all because of the sound they make, how they feel and how pretty they look. Not uncommon to see $500+ keyboards.

Not much reason behind it other than look and feel, keyboard people are crazy.
haha....that's true. Every hobby consists of crazy people.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1496 posts
210 upvotes
neonic wrote: Except some corsair and logitech that have a non standard bottom row.
Razer keyboards too. On Razer keyboards like mine, the Windows-key is narrow (about the same width as a regular letter key).
Aug 23, 2010
579 posts
512 upvotes
GTA
Funny this thread popped up. Quarantine has made me jump into the rabbit hole of mechanical keyboards. Was about to drop $80 on two Razer PBT keycap sets....

Anyway, this is a solid deal. Newegg has the black set for around the same price for those interested:
https://www.newegg.ca/monoprice-133543- ... 9HT96S5725
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5602 posts
4943 upvotes
Thanks.
They go with high-end keyboards for a custom look and feel.

If you don't have a mechanical keyboard with removable keycaps, then obviously these are of no value to you.
Aug 11, 2014
237 posts
148 upvotes
I have a HyperX Alloy FPS Pro TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Red).

Does it have standard bottom row and/or do these keycaps work with that keyboard? Thanks.