Monty Python's Flying Circus: The Complete Series Blu-ray $71.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2021 10:58 pm
4 replies
Aug 13, 2019
64 posts
54 upvotes
Longueuil, QC
Oh, I didn't realize they had made blu ray versions of the show. I still have the very large dvd collection. I might be in for one, thanks op.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4201 posts
3690 upvotes
No Bum Deals
SpinifexV wrote: Oh, I didn't realize they had made blu ray versions of the show. I still have the very large dvd collection. I might be in for one, thanks op.
Not too sure you would see any improvement in PQ. Edit: Actually perhaps this would be a good watch...

The definitive presentation of a genuinely iconic series, we present Monty Python's Flying Circus. This ground-up restoration has been produced from the best available materials, painstakingly restored and includes just the right amount of lovely spam, wonderful spam… Previously edited sketches have been returned to their original length while filmed sequences and Terry Gilliam's animations have been newly scanned in High Definition, adding unimaginable depth and clarity to classic moments. From the archive come genuine rarities including previously unseen studio outtakes and extended versions of filmed sketch material, making this the ultimate in television restoration and a must-have for every generation of Python fan!
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2006
322 posts
204 upvotes
SpinifexV wrote: Oh, I didn't realize they had made blu ray versions of the show. I still have the very large dvd collection. I might be in for one, thanks op.
Video/audio quality have been upgraded (very good improvement compared to previous dvds) and there are additional features like "lost" segments. Here is a review of the set (it is for the exclusive, ltd. edition box, but the blu-rays are the same in this edition).
Mar 22, 2020
50 posts
56 upvotes
I bought this a while back at a good discount and recommend it highly, particularly at this price.

My only regret is that western civilisation has become so surreal that the original punch of some of these sketches has faded compared to when I first saw them.