Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

mophie – Wireless Charge Pad – Apple Optimized – 7.5W for $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2018 1:04 am
Oct 11, 2004
816 posts
200 upvotes
Montreal, Qc

[Amazon.ca] mophie – Wireless Charge Pad – Apple Optimized – 7.5W for $59.99

Hey All,

I just got an alert for this wireless charger. This seems to be the lowest price I could find up to now.

I think this is a good option for those that don't want to risk their iPhone X's with non Apple approved chargers.

I will buy it to compare it with the Samsung Qi Fast Wireless Charging Kit I bought recently for roughly the same price.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
Same price at Best Buy as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
QI is a standard not a buz word. Correct me if I am wrong but a USB connection from Samsung is the same as a USB connector from HP?

Any QI Charger should charge a QI device. It just seems like your paying extra for an Apple approved cable but in this case a Charger...
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Oct 11, 2004
816 posts
200 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
Webslinger wrote: I suspect the price drop is in anticipation of Apple AirPower shipping at the of March:
https://www.macworld.com/article/322438 ... e-faq.html
That one is rumored at $200. A bit overkill if you don't have a watch and earpods.
Eluder wrote: Same price at Best Buy as well.
Thanks for catching that. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/mo ... 95681.aspx?
Max_Dealing wrote: [...]Any QI Charger should charge a QI device. It just seems like your paying extra for an Apple approved cable but in this case a Charger...
I have a QI charger that I bought a long time ago for my Nexus 4 (output 5V 1A). It doesn't charge the iPhone X nor the 8 (no case). The light turns on and off and phone says it's charging, but after a few moments it doesn't anymore. It's actually discharging while trying to charge.
I would also assume that all chargers should work. I just feel a bit ignorant on what happens once the phone is charged.
Also, most non-brand wireless chargers say to remove the case from the phone prior to charging. I have an Otterbox Defender case. I can't remove it on a whim.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
temporary user wrote: That one is rumored at $200. A bit overkill if you don't have a watch and earpods.
I'm only explaining what I suspect may be a contributing factor. Demand for substitute goods would likely decrease, and Apple has a strong fanbase.
If someone is going to hold out for Apple Airpower, chances are that person will skip anything else.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
I have 6 years old TYLT wireless charger and it is working with iPhone. No issue.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Banned
Jun 14, 2017
47 posts
80 upvotes
This model and the new belkin one are the only wireless chargers that can charge iPhones at 7.5W; all other brands charge iPhones at 5W
Banned
Jun 14, 2017
47 posts
80 upvotes
Max_Dealing wrote: QI is a standard not a buz word. Correct me if I am wrong but a USB connection from Samsung is the same as a USB connector from HP?

Any QI Charger should charge a QI device. It just seems like your paying extra for an Apple approved cable but in this case a Charger...
Stop spreading misinformation. This one charges iPhones at 7.5W, your samsung one doesn't
Last edited by Redmask on Feb 24th, 2018 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed the offensive portion.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
MoonlightX wrote: This model and the new belkin one are the only wireless chargers that can charge iPhones at 7.5W; all other brands charge iPhones at 5W
This RAVPower charges at 7.5W as well: https://www.amazon.ca/RAVPower-Wireless ... B07869T45C

Obviously, Apple's Airpower will also offer fast charging.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Feb 24th, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
MoonlightX wrote: Pretty sure they are making false claims. The 7.5w charging is an encrypted protocol and RAVpower does not have access to it unlike mophie and belkin
Someone I know tested the upgraded version with an iPhone X: https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Wireles ... B07869T45C
And he also tested the Belkin. He saw no difference in charging speed with the phone completely drained as starting point and returned the Belkin.
/shrug
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
MoonlightX wrote: Stop spreading misinformation. This one charges iPhones at 7.5W, your samsung one doesn't
https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/certified/

It’s a standard. Just like 802.11
Last edited by Redmask on Feb 24th, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed portion of nested quote, just report it next time.
Heatware
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
do these chargers stay fairly cool?
I have the cheap insignia one from Best Buy and it seems to get fairly warm which isn't a good thing for the battery long term. I'd pay extra for one that stays cool,
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Banned
Jun 14, 2017
47 posts
80 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: do these chargers stay fairly cool?
I have the cheap insignia one from Best Buy and it seems to get fairly warm which isn't a good thing for the battery long term. I'd pay extra for one that stays cool,
I have one and it doesn't generate much heat.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2596 posts
1987 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
MoonlightX wrote: The Qi charging is a standard, the 7.5W speed is proprietary to apple. educate yourself.
Apple gives the protocol now to any company interested. So you should be seeing some more that charge Apple devices quickly.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
MoonlightX wrote: The Qi charging is a standard, the 7.5W speed is proprietary to apple. educate yourself.
Your attitude is poor and your not posting anything constructive. If you said upfront Apple requires a different charging rate for wireless charging it would be simple instead choose to insult others.
Heatware
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1783 posts
540 upvotes
Max_Dealing wrote: Your attitude is poor and your not posting anything constructive. If you said upfront Apple requires a different charging rate for wireless charging it would be simple instead choose to insult others.
This trend is common with posts by this person. Does not represent the RFD community.