Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Mothers 35750 California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax Liquid $18.69 free shipping

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 27, 2006
5742 posts
1918 upvotes
Cornwall PE

[Amazon.ca] Mothers 35750 California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax Liquid $18.69 free shipping

Great deal for carnauba top wax. Good choice for over your sealer of choice to ad more gloss.
Image
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2010
5217 posts
1297 upvotes
Kanata
Would I need the bar instead to get rid of brake dust?
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2165 posts
1669 upvotes
Markham
Tabooger wrote: Would I need the bar instead to get rid of brake dust?
Ideally a product like Iron-X first then a clay bar after.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2009
5954 posts
1775 upvotes
Scarborough
I saw Brazilian and Wax in the same title - I am now am confused and somewhat disappointed
Member
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
466 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
HDawg wrote: Ideally a product like Iron-X first then a clay bar after.
, hey there Dawg, I had removed 2 stickers from a car I just bought, would I go directly with the wax or should pass something else before.
Thanks.

One quick question for everyone here. There is one sticker which is really a PIR.

I tried with goo gone from Canadian tire, the glue still on the hood.

Any idea?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4429 posts
1724 upvotes
Ancaster
Solid price for a solid wax. I just put a coat on the Miata for Mother's Day only to have mother nature promptly rain on the car.
Member
User avatar
Jun 17, 2006
392 posts
180 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: I saw Brazilian and Wax in the same title - I am now am confused and somewhat disappointed
Mothers Brazilian Wax...
Member
Jan 13, 2012
350 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
unshavenyak wrote: Solid price for a solid wax. I just put a coat on the Miata for Mother's Day only to have mother nature promptly rain on the car.
But then you got to see that lovely beading as it slid right off...
Jr. Member
Mar 12, 2017
136 posts
99 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: Solid price for a solid wax. I just put a coat on the Miata for Mother's Day only to have mother nature promptly rain on the car.
chris5555 wrote: But then you got to see that lovely beading as it slid right off...
Thanks for the softporn fanfiction
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2165 posts
1669 upvotes
Markham
KT2312 wrote: , hey there Dawg, I had removed 2 stickers from a car I just bought, would I go directly with the wax or should pass something else before.
Thanks.

One quick question for everyone here. There is one sticker which is really a PIR.

I tried with goo gone from Canadian tire, the glue still on the hood.

Any idea?
For the glue, you can try olive oil. I know it sounds crazy, but it works around the house. Never tried it on car paint, but test it in an inconspicuous spot first.

Where you peeled the sticker, I would clean the area and clay bar it. In fact, even with a new car, you should clean it properly, clay and seal then wax it.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Member
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
466 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks a lot. Any brand in preference.

I scrwd up big time now. While peeling the sticker, there are light scratches. The wife is not happy.


So any idea, to save face? And fix this. Lol
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4462 posts
2891 upvotes
Mother's California Gold Pure Brazilian Wax.

What a misleading title for the product.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2165 posts
1669 upvotes
Markham
KT2312 wrote: Thanks a lot. Any brand in preference.

I scrwd up big time now. While peeling the sticker, there are light scratches. The wife is not happy.


So any idea, to save face? And fix this. Lol
The main detailing thread would get you more advice: rfd-official-detailing-thread-post-all- ... re-609563/

However to keep it simple, without knowing how many and how deep the scratches are, you can consider a cleaner wax which will have mild abrasives and help with what you are describing. Since the thread is about Mothers, their cleaner wax is $9.99 at Princess Auto: https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -prod-com1

However, depending on the extent of the damage, you may want to get a compound, then polish, seal and wax. Lots of guides out there but since your issue seems localized, you can probably get away doing this by hand rather than using an orbital buffer.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB

Top