Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Moto G Stylus (2020) Smartphone | SDM665 4/128GB | - $209.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 6:46 pm
Sep 10, 2008
97 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
Kurtz7834 wrote: Every phone sold in North America is only single SIM.
All the Oneplus phones, which are sold in North America (ship out of the US), are dual sim. One of the reasons I went with Oneplus in the first place.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1113 posts
2504 upvotes
Fredericton
Kurtz7834 wrote: Was there an RFD thread for this G Power clearance?
Not that I saw. I probably should have created one. :)
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16787 posts
7466 upvotes
Toronto
RFD_member wrote: Is this getting update to Android 11 in Canada now?

If I never intend to use the pen, am I giving up anything getting a phone that has a pen?
For sure this phone will be updated to Android 11, if it hasn't already been. My $99 Costco Moto G fast got the Android 11 update.

This is actually a pretty good deal if someone wants a decent budget phone, and missed the bunch of BH Photo deals on the Pixel 3 and 3XL. Amazon.ca will have a good easy return policy too.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16787 posts
7466 upvotes
Toronto
life359 wrote: Not that I saw. I probably should have created one. :)
Myself and others would appreciate if you could provide the Costco Item # (from your receipt) so we can call and check local pricing / stock. This phone won't be listed on the website anymore. Thanks.
Feb 18, 2018
36 posts
7 upvotes
Canada
11cowmilk11 wrote: This vs pixel 4a?
Definitely the 4a since that one comes with android 11
Regards
Nickybee
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16787 posts
7466 upvotes
Toronto
nickybee wrote: Definitely the 4a since that one comes with android 11
Moto G stylus also has an Android 11 update.

4a should have a much better camera. 4a is at least double this price.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1113 posts
2504 upvotes
Fredericton
nickybee wrote: Definitely the 4a since that one comes with android 11
How are these even being compared? A new pixel 4a is nearly $500.
Dec 31, 2015
41 posts
51 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Myself and others would appreciate if you could provide the Costco Item # (from your receipt) so we can call and check local pricing / stock. This phone won't be listed on the website anymore. Thanks.
The item number is 2233703
Last edited by JanujanG513700 on Aug 17th, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7826 posts
8512 upvotes
Vancouver
Webhead wrote: Do you have an Item#?
Might check this out if it's on clearance at my Local Costco.
The Moto G Power (2020) has been out of stock at Costco.ca since last month, and is gone from the web site. It didn't drop below $259 (I was watching it daily at the time). You'd have to be very lucky to still find one on in-store clearance.

The item number was ‌2233703‌.
Last edited by Scote64 on Aug 17th, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 13, 2014
142 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just an FYI, lots of comments online about lost/dropped connection and having to restart the phone to reconnect.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1153 posts
1140 upvotes
Nice find, OP! This is like a poor man's Samsung Note. For the price, some very big corners must be cut. With a built-in stylus storage, it's going to compromise battery capacity for sure since that extra battery space is now occupied by a stylus.

This phone reminds me of an old pre-Android Motorola phone my cousin had with a built-in stylus like this. Can't remember what model number it was, but it looked cool and futuristic like a mini tricorder. I remembered it had a clear dark flip cover that has the earpiece and the main body is white.

Active stylus generally requires more engineering and software to make it work like the Samsung Note or Apple Pencil. If Motorola can offer an active stylus phone at this price, I'd like to know what is their secret! Face Screaming In Fear
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
Great phone, good build quality, with 4GB RAM, it's highly usable.

Well done, OP.

Mensch.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15129 upvotes
Motorola seems to have an obsession with making phones without NFC :facepalm:

Fail again Motorola, fail again.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Motorola seems to have an obsession with making phones without NFC :facepalm:

It's $210.00 CAD.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1113 posts
2504 upvotes
Fredericton
ES_Revenge wrote: Motorola seems to have an obsession with making phones without NFC :facepalm:

Why is this a deal breaker?

If you use your phone to pay instead of tapping your card, you look ridiculous. Yeah, I said it. I cringe at people doing this the same way I cringe at people using cash.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4324 posts
3472 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
life359 wrote: Why is this a deal breaker?

If you use your phone to pay instead of tapping your card, you look ridiculous. Yeah, I said it. I cringe at people doing this the same way I cringe at people using cash.
Huh? I agree with the cringe of paying with your phone, but cash? Cash is King!
If there's ever a widespread power outage, you will be sorry when the technology suddenly fails, and you have to look in the couch cushions to buy a pack of Doritos.

Earlier this summer, Bell's POS system failed here. The look on people's faces at the checkouts with carts full of groceries was amusing. I just pulled out my cringey cash and paid that way.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1302 posts
1477 upvotes
Toronto
MrFrugal1 wrote: Huh? I agree with the cringe of paying with your phone, but cash? Cash is King!
If there's ever a widespread power outage, you will be sorry when the technology suddenly fails, and you have to look in the couch cushions to buy a pack of Doritos.

Earlier this summer, Bell's POS system failed here. The look on people's faces at the checkouts with carts full of groceries was amusing. I just pulled out my cringey cash and paid that way.
I use my phone to pay all the time, it's great. However, I always have my CCs and cash with me at all times for backup. In addition, there are still places that only take cash.

For me, I cringe at people who use cash or those who insert their CC and key in their PIN (when they can tap & go which is much more efficient).
Nov 23, 2017
807 posts
548 upvotes
firegarden wrote: Just an FYI, lots of comments online about lost/dropped connection and having to restart the phone to reconnect.
Seen quite a few comments about this as well... Hopefully this won't be an issue after 30 day return window expires. Otherwise, for 128 GB storage, this is a good deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)